Anyone recently been to Oz for a holiday taking the Thai wife?

I live with my Thai wife and child (7 years old) here in thailand. Myself and my child have Australian passports.

We were planning to visit oz for a holiday. The THAI airline website is warning us about the 'Digital passport dec' which is a bit confusing. Its saying that ALL passengers need to fill out the Digital Passenger Dec DPD. But then it says fully jabbed oz citizens, PRs and eligible visa holders are exempt from these requirements and  do not need to apply for a travel exemption.    So do I have to fill it out or not???

My wife and I are fully vaccinated. But my last AZ jab was over 3 months ago. Same for my wife. My daughter has not had any vaccines.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid19/vaccination-testing#content-index-2

The above website says:
''Travel to Australia is only available if an individual is automatically exempt from Australia’s COVID-19 border restrictions or has been granted an individual travel exemption. For some travellers, this depends on your vaccination status.
•    If you are an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia, then you are exempt from Australia’s border restrictions and do not need to apply for an individual travel exemption, regardless of your vaccination status.''
________
So from the above it seems that myself and my child do not have to worry about the vac requirement but we both still have to fill out the DPP. It says:
''Children in the below groups can travel under the same arrangements as vaccinated travellers:
•    Aged under 12 years;''
_______
Thus it seems that we should not have any issue with boarding our unvaccinated child who has an oz passport and is under the age of 12.

My wife has a 3 year visa subclass 600 visa. Does this mean she is exempt from the above? She is fully jabbed but the last booster might have been greater than 3 months ago. Is this an issue?

Its all a bit confusing to me...
thanks

Hi, Australian regulations on this seem to be difficult to follow as 1) just as in any country, the restrictions change as things evolve with the Covid thing, and 2) Australia has you jump from document to document to get the full sense of the regulations.   I think that Australia used to have the 3 month booster requirement but I don't see that in the page you referenced.   Perhaps that has been dropped and 2 doses of approved vaccines (or 1 of J&J) are sufficient?

You will all need to do a DPD, your daughter doesn't need to be vaccinated as she is under 12.  Your wife will need the Thailand international COVID-19 certificate of vaccination,  issued by the Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health of Thailand. 

This site explains the steps. https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid19/vaccinated-travellers for both types of entry. 

• Thanks 1