Swedish Girl in Bangkok Taking the Muay Thai World by Storm!

image.jpeg

by Jaqueline Deeon

Smilla Sundell is a fast-rising star in the sport of Muay Thai. Even though her parents have returned to Sweden, this tenacious 18-year-old remains in Bangkok living up to her own ambitions.

Called ‘The Hurricane’ and ‘The Storm’ by her adoring fans, and labelled a prodigy by the media, one would think that all the praise and success would go to the head of teenage muay thai world title challenger, Smilla Sundell.

Not so, in the case of this respectful and friendly 18-year-old Swedish, Bangkok-based, muay thai star who recently beat Jackielou Buntan, an American-Filipino muay thai kickboxer and one-time Women’s Muay Thai Strawweight World Championship title challenger.

Full story: https://scandasia.com/swedish-girl-in-bangkok-taking-the-muay-thai-world-by-storm/

sca.jpg

-- © Copyright ScandAsia 2022-06-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

11 minutes ago, playyer said:

Thanks Hummin!

I might have to start watching One FC again. Tough young lady

They have few great athletes I follow, and I like how respectful they are to each other before and after. They provide more gentleman/woman profiles than any other federation. 

Stamp Fairtex is another Thai woman fighter who is a great worrier. 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

They have few great athletes I follow, and I like how respectful they are to each other before and after. They provide more gentleman/woman profiles than any other federation. 

Stamp Fairtex is another Thai woman fighter who is a great worrier. 

The more violent the society (or circles you move in) the more formally respectful members of that society are to each other, lest they are challenged to physical combat. The less violent the society the more cowardly dickheads come out of the woodwork with disrespect, unneccessary insults and criticsm because they feel protected from consequences of their hate speech.

A display of how to fight to your advantages (height/Reach) and how not to fight to your advantages (getting close in good guard v the Jab) The US woman's corner obviously do not have a clue in giving the best advice on gameplay for the opponent. Round two onwards it was on the cards US woman's Guard was Wide Open. Did not re-act dynamically to the fight. Creadit to the Swede but rather think she caught the US lady on an off day. Not that she was that much better than the loser. Looks to me like the US fighter/corner had underestimated the young Swede