mask vs no mask - feeling naked vs feeling awkward

stoner

11 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

good username.

no one isn't minority.  MILLIONS in Thailand are wearing a mask.  Tens of millions, likely.

Go to 7-11 and don't wear one, yell at them to "get over it."   Then do it at Tesco.   

let us know how it goes.   

The falang has choices where he (99% guys) lives.......he picks Thailand.  Mask central!!!   Masks in Thailand are great!!!    Masks in Thailand are mandatory in certain businesses!!!

tell them they are wrong.  lol

We should all check back here in 30 days then 60. The Thais will be taking off their piece of paper dirty filthy bacteria infected masks in droves. 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Many states in the US don't require wearing helmets. Just can't stop stupid I guess.

Only 4 States have no Motorcycle Helmet laws currently in place, while some have helmet laws for certain ages and give riders over 18 or 19 the ability to choose to not wear one

https://motorcyclehelmetlawsbystate.com/motorcycle-helmet-law-map/

US Motorcycle Helmet Laws Info Graphic

Edited by ThailandRyan

12 hours ago, stoner said:

accept its over big fella. you can remain scared while the rest of the world is moving on. take a peek around the world. no one is wearing masks.

get over it.

mask wearing now is a minority of people worldwide. 

You are a stay with the herd type?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yep he will follow the rest of the lemmings over the cliff.

wait. so most of the world are lemmings now because they are not wearing a mask. 

Edited by stoner

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yep he will follow the rest of the lemmings over the cliff.

Was not really being that critical but went to a burning yesterday of a well known local farang. Of the two hundred people there were probably 20 farang, half not wearing masks at the beginning, but by the end most had masked to not be out of place with the Thais. Found it interesting that maybe we need to comply with the locals when in their company.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I'll probably continue to wear a mask outside.  Due to pollution and racism.  Nothing really to do with an actual fear of catching/spreading covid.

I like to wear mine because several women have told me they think I am 20 years younger than I am. Not that I could do anything about it anyway.

On 6/25/2022 at 8:39 PM, digbeth said:

There's no law mandating shirt wearing either, any business that refuses my entry for not wearing one will not get my money

Any shop selling food that allows you to shop without a shirt will not get my money

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2022 at 2:12 PM, 248900_1469958220 said:

People everywhere in the world....once, twice....triple jabbed are still transmitting the virus AND getting symptoms. I know quite a few. I did not think this was even in question anymore....is it?? HA!!!

So let's quit calling it a vaccine.

3 hours ago, timkeen08 said:

A quick google search: There are only three states that do not have motorcycle helmet laws: Illinois, Iowa, and New Hampshire.  That Definitely is not many.  It is more like a small few.  Generalizations without knowing the Truth is easily debunked.  Learn by your mistakes, if not then you know what that makes you.  Just regurgitate what comes into your simple mind.  Just my opinion.

a slightly more involved google search will reveal many more states not requiring helmets for adults.

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Only 4 States have no Motorcycle Helmet laws currently in place, while some have helmet laws for certain ages and give riders over 18 or 19 the ability to choose to not wear one

https://motorcyclehelmetlawsbystate.com/motorcycle-helmet-law-map/

US Motorcycle Helmet Laws Info Graphic

So more than two dozen states not absolutely requiring a helmet. One can only imagine the difference in road accident death tolls from motorcycle accidents, Not to mention those left with major brain damage.

For fifteen years while working in America I would travel back and forth From America to Thailand to see me Thai family. In airports and on planes I would see Japanese and Chines passengers waring masks and never gave it much thought. COVID hit and masks were mandated in every country. I am claustrophobic and had a difficult time breathing with a mask, I would take every chance I could not to wear one. I for one are so grateful masks are not required now, but I will wear one while shopping in crowded box stores. RUN IN RUN OUT. ????

Edited by Kenneth White
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Kenneth White said:

For fifteen years while working in America I would travel back and forth From America to Thailand to see me Thai family. In airports and on planes I would see Japanese and Chines passengers waring masks and never gave it much thought. COVID hit and masks were mandated in every country. I am claustrophobic and had a difficult time breathing with a mask, I would take every chance I could not to wear one. I for one are so grateful masks are not required now, but I will wear one while shopping in crowded box stores. RUN IN RUN OUT. ????

You get it, you have seen it, and it has been the way for many many years prior to Covid in Asia.  Many never even gave it a thought and it never registered in their minds that folks were wearing masks as they were to self absorbed in their own daily going and doing.  Mask wearing is now a personal choice as far as being outdoors, but it will be some time before certain venues drop the mask wearing in their establishments.  Many folks seem to have a problem with that, and the "I will take my money elsewhere group" are failing to understand the society here in Asia/Thailand in general.  They deride those folks who wear masks using derogatory names and bashing others for wearing them or because of the alt view they have to their own.  If someone can not see the forest through the tree's then their moral compass is very skewed, and as we all know they create issues for the rest of us.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2022 at 1:26 AM, stoner said:

accept its over big fella. you can remain scared while the rest of the world is moving on. take a peek around the world. no one is wearing masks.

get over it.

mask wearing now is a minority of people worldwide. 

Idiots in Europe eg think they don't need a mask. Result are eg 143thou infections in Germany today, something 300 deaths.