mask vs no mask - feeling naked vs feeling awkward

stoner

Coming back to europe and no mask, I constantly Feel I forgot something when walking out the door, or going in to a shopping mall, or other crowded places.  But liberating yes, and really did not feel to much hassle with the mask while living in Thailand. 

Only mask when going somewhere outside village, or to enter hotels or restaurants and shopping malls. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I am sure now many of us won't wear a mask when we go outside.

And then, sometime later, when we want to enter a building or i.e. the BTS, maybe we have to wear a mask.

But I don't have my mask with me. Back to the nearest place where they sell masks...

So today is second day of non-mandatory masks outside. Went to have a haircut and observed people on the way to barber and back. Except a couple of shop keepers that even previously didn't bother wearing them while sitting alone in shop, everyone else was masked up.

That was a surprise, actually, given how much complaining over wearing masks there was in the past... or maybe that was only in farang population on this forum?

• Like 1

From one of the first links I found....very mainstream source.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2022/01/21/fact-check-vaccines-limit-serious-illness-and-death-covid-19/9185671002/

From the article: 

"They continue to work well for delta, with regard to severe illness and death – they prevent it. But what they can't do anymore is prevent transmission."

People everywhere in the world....once, twice....triple jabbed are still transmitting the virus AND getting symptoms. I know quite a few. I did not think this was even in question anymore....is it?? HA!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Took extra notice today after the recent announcement.

I did not see one Thai on a motorcycle not wearing a mask and there were a lot of them at one particular set of traffic lights. Quite a few not wearing helmets. 

One heavily tatooed foreigner riding in flip flops, singlet, no mask and no helmet.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

So today is second day of non-mandatory masks outside. Went to have a haircut and observed people on the way to barber and back. Except a couple of shop keepers that even previously didn't bother wearing them while sitting alone in shop, everyone else was masked up.

That was a surprise, actually, given how much complaining over wearing masks there was in the past... or maybe that was only in farang population on this forum?

Yep went up to Bangkok and kept having to go back and get my mask, in the village have been using when out and about for a while but becoming one of the few, very surprised outside on Bankok streets nearly all masked up yesterday and today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your just in denial, so spend your money elsewhere.  I am sure your miniscule amount you would spend is of little concern to them and they feel safety is more important to their employees.  You'll never win with your performance.

you're

should at least try to cut someone down in style. 

what performance is that ? i followed the rules here the entire time the mask mandate was in place. i took a vaccine.  the performance that you also danced to right ? 

you really believe i am the only 1 who will be like this ? a baht is a baht. 

covid is over. get on with life. i am endangering no one stop it with your fear. 

Edited by stoner
  • Sad 1

ohhh ya and super fun fact

covid is so deadly in thailand now that more than double the number of people died in road accidents today. ill take wild guess and say tomorrow won't be much different. 

good thing they had their mask on though protecting them from the big bad virus.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

ohhh ya and super fun fact

covid is so deadly in thailand now that more than double the number of people died in road accidents today. ill take wild guess and say tomorrow won't be much different. 

good thing they had their mask on though protecting them from the big bad virus.

Deflecting again, nice try no comparison.

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, vinci said:

don't care what other do, I'm still wearing me mask, its not over yet, they just stop talking about it.

noble, but unfortunately, mask wearing is more effective in not spreading the virus rather than not becoming infected.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stoner said:

covid is over. get on with life,

Never will be over, like the Flu, Chicken Pox, Measles etc....or the common cold but people still get vaccinated and wear mask if they are ill. Better yet on bad air quality days people also wear masks, grow up and learn to accept it. Your belief system is broken.  Or it is that yjdgaf.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stoner said:

no one is wearing masks.

get over it.

mask wearing now is a minority of people worldwide. 

good username.

no one isn't minority.  MILLIONS in Thailand are wearing a mask.  Tens of millions, likely.

Go to 7-11 and don't wear one, yell at them to "get over it."   Then do it at Tesco.   

let us know how it goes.   

The falang has choices where he (99% guys) lives.......he picks Thailand.  Mask central!!!   Masks in Thailand are great!!!    Masks in Thailand are mandatory in certain businesses!!!

tell them they are wrong.  lol