Thailand’s liberal ganja attitude tears up SE Asian rulebook - kingdom set to kick tourism butt!

I think there's a perception out there that driving while high isn't particularly dangerous and your chances of being caught are pretty low. Haven't seen much, if any, traffic safety education to prepare people about these risks. I'm especially worried about traffic related injuries and deaths among younger people and those experimenting for the first time who aren't familiar with side effects such as dilated pupils and reduced reaction time. Wonder what the traffic stats are going to look like this time next year in Thai stick land?

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Bite you tongue when criticising the Liberal use of ganja in this forum or you'll invoke the wrath  of some of the members here who are staunch supporters of this country being over run with pot heads tourism.. (yeah, you know who you're)...

Quick.....call the police!

Except that they haven't legalized ganja in one fell swoop. There will be new laws in three months or so but in the meantime there are none, the old laws were cancelled, so yes you can grow it smoke it in private no problem for now. That isn't legalization. Like anyone I'm surprised anything happened at all, but  you know how conservative the people who run the country are, so I don't think its going to be legal at the end of this, legal ganja in Thailand  seems to me to be a complete non-sequitor. But truly  hope I am wrong about that, seems sensible to me that people need to learn to regulate their own behavior and their family's behavior, it invites the goverment in to run your life and they are wholly incapable of doing that, only you know what you need and what works for you, not some disinterested law makers who in most cases have little idea of their own well-being let alone yours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

But now instead of fighting the cops after a drunk driving accident, they will roll out of the car saying "Wow, Far Out Man, What a Ride"   Peace

"wow far out man"   Are you actually serious ?   For once in my life words actually fail me  I am literally speechless.!! 

• Sad 1

Elon Musk does not enjoy a spliff. 

Does he look or sound like a pothead to you? 

He was on a radio show and the guy interviewing him was a pothead and started to smoke a spliff, so the did only one drag, just to be nice. He has too much gray matter between his ears to be a pothead. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

Sure it will increase tourism from the back packing potheads but any decent tourists will avoid Thailand like the plague.

So if you smoke pot you are "indecent"?

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

Elon Musk does not enjoy a spliff. 

Does he look or sound like a pothead to you? 

He was on a radio show and the guy interviewing him was a pothead and started to smoke a spliff, so the did only one drag, just to be nice. He has too much gray matter between his ears to be a pothead. 

"just to be nice"? Elon Musk? Was that not the guy who called a cave rescuer "a pedo guy" because he said that his (Musk's) "minisub" was not suitable for the job?

Edited by sambum
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Henryford said:

Sure it will increase tourism from the back packing potheads but any decent tourists will avoid Thailand like the plague.

Biggest nonsense posted here on this subject. I am 67, with 2 condos in BKK, not a back packer but no A. Musk either 5555.

• Like 2