Jomtien Beach: Large force assembles to prevent traders using beach, road and footpaths

webfact

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

I didn't know there were this many policemen in Jomtien.  Where have they been the rest of the year?

I'm amazed you don't know how many police there are in Pattaya and Jomtien, you seem to be totally obsessed by them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

The beach looks beautiful, but empty.  Where would I go to buy a drink, food etc.  When the authorities remade the beach, surely they could have constructed a dedicated strip between the road and the beach for food/drink carts.  The vendors would be kept off the beach and those using the beach would have easy access to food and drink.

Wait a moment!  I'm using common sense here ????

Commonsense as when buying coconuts on the beach?

Don't go there, you could be cheated !!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe make the road one way, seems overkill to get rid of everyone 

Yer I like traders  -(if I was on Holiday)  possibly it annoys when you live there.  I have never found Thai traders as aggressive as other Asian spots --Bali -Vietnam etc  

I always thought trying to walk up Sukumvit Rd  in BKK was an experience for a tourist-I know when I was new to it all-- there was an Adidas Shop selling genuine at top prices and out side his window was a knock off stall--selling the same. 

• Like 2

image.jpeg.6f1c86ad01115b28b819d3b9b0bd6

I don't think I've ever seen so many different uniforms. Are some of these people cleaners at the local cop shop, or staff in the nearest convenience store? Is this ragtag assembly really the best they could come up with? No wonder they get so little respect.

Once again ridiculous, laughing stock, flip flop, stupid decision.

What is wrong with these people in charge?

Wasn't it two weeks ago when Aseannow reported this beach food market being touted as a new tourist attraction. With possibilities for local people to make some income.

Wonder why people here keep so calm. In other countries they would have chased the officials and burned down the town hall...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He took to the mike to speak of the mess and traffic caused by the illegal traders and warning anyone who breaches the order that they will be prosecuted. 

What about the rest of the country/city roads and footpaths that are invaded with dirty traders ? people can't even park a car or drive a car in some streets and one can never us  a footpath/side walk and run the risk to get mowed down from the incompetent drivers on the road and If one can use the footpath /Sidewalk one does run the risk to get run over by stupid motorbike riders ,moto taxi.

There are many Laws and Regulations here but they don't get adhered.

It's All talk and no action by All the Top Chiefs. just the odd warning to keep the Native masses quiet.

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

For reference from today's "The Nation" (28 June 2022):

Pattaya City authorities put up temporary fencing on Jomtien Beach to mark out the border between Pattaya and Na Jomtien municipalities after authorities came under criticism for failing to enforce the no-commerce rule.

Netizens slam Pattaya City for dividing Jomtien Beach to tackle vendors

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40017125

Ya know,

There are just no words I can come up with..........

• Like 1

6 hours ago, simon43 said:

The beach looks beautiful, but empty.  Where would I go to buy a drink, food etc.  When the authorities remade the beach, surely they could have constructed a dedicated strip between the road and the beach for food/drink carts.  The vendors would be kept off the beach and those using the beach would have easy access to food and drink.

Wait a moment!  I'm using common sense here ????

All sounds simple. But you don t understand Thai vendors.  occupy ANY public space if think there are punters 

Only way is to have a law and enforce it. Otherwise they ignore 

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Great Photos of a lovely clean, pristine Beach with no Traders ....... or Tourists

Tourists come evenings along there. That's why the vendors want to get business with free access to punters and clog up the beach.  NO... Enforce the law 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The traders make the  beach great and help add income to the poorer Thais. Let's hope this authoritarian,  short sighted  nonesense stops soon.

Agree it would help add income to the hard working, poorer Thais. But somebody within the upper food chain is definitely sending his henchmen to collect the daily rent from the vendors. And that's the sad part of it.

• Like 1