Travelling Overseas on an 'Under Consideration' stamp

I recently lodged my 12 month marriage extension. I have an 'Under Consideration' stamp in my passport up to 18 August 2022. At that time I can get my extension stamp.

I may have to travel overseas to Australia for a few weeks (due to a family illness). The Immigration Office (Mahasarakham) tells me I can travel to Australia, and back to Thailand, on a re-entry permit. As long as I am back before 18 August I can then proceed to get my  12 month extension stamp. If I miss this date then obviously I must start the process again.

Does this sound correct? I would be grateful for any advice.

Yes, that's correct.

When you come back make sure that the immigration officer stamps you to the correct date on your re-entry permit, even if it's just a few days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

I may have to travel overseas to Australia for a few weeks (due to a family illness). The Immigration Office (Mahasarakham) tells me I can travel to Australia, and back to Thailand, on a re-entry permit. As long as I am back before 18 August I can then proceed to get my  12 month extension stamp. If I miss this date then obviously I must start the process again.

Does this sound correct? I would be grateful for any advice.

100% 

I just did exactly that my reentry permit was issued on April 7th the same day I applied for my extension and was given an under consideration stamp to June 14th

my extension expired on May 14 

I flew to the U.K. on May 22nd 

returned on June 11th

On entry was given permission to stay until June 14th (the young lady IO was a little concerned that I only had 3 days stay)

on June 14th I went to Udon immigration and received my extension.

You will need a reentry permit issued on or after you got your under consideration stamp as it will need to cover the period from issuing the stamp until the date on the under consideration stamp. Re-entry permits issued before the under consideration stamp will be useless for the period of the under consideration stamp

• Like 1

The father of a friend of mine died and the funeral got scheduled so he would miss the date to get his yearly stamp. He was told to go to immigration and "reset" the under consideration stamp to postpone the pick up of the full stamp with another month. So you should be able to postpone your 12 months stamp if you need to go in a bad time.

• Like 1