BREAKING NEWS ! Boris Johnson to resign as Prime Minister

CharlieH

11 hours ago, Loiner said:
15 hours ago, RayC said:

Most Remainers have accepted the result. When are you Brexiters going to accept it?

When it’s finished. 

That's priceless. It hasn't even been properly started yet and won't ever be with the Great Impregnator holed up in Downing Street like a latter day Julian Assange.

15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Which ones? The Met or the Durham rozzers?

Both. 
The Met, an opportunity to stick it to Boris. 
Durham an opportunity to turn a blind eye to Starmer. 

That was your starter for ten.

For the bonus point, which administration wrote these mercurial lock down laws?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Simple application of a provision within the existing contractual agreement. The sooner Boris (or anybody else) does it, the better. 

You're not really au fait with how legally binding contracts between two parties work are you?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Would you like me to do a websearch for you and see what pops up and then post the links on here so you can see ?

Yes it would be helpful if you could provide any links that support your claim that "...progress is under way in building new hospitals".

The original link and bar chart which you posted do not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

Yes it would be helpful if you could provide any links that support your claim that "...progress is under way in building new hospitals".

The original link and bar chart which you posted do not.

I did actually post the wrong link , I must have had a few pages open at the same time . here is the correct link (the link where the graph came from ) with all the relevant information 

What's happened to the 40 new hospitals pledge?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/59372348

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I did actually post the wrong link , I must have had a few pages open at the same time . here is the correct link (the link where the graph came from ) with all the relevant information 

What's happened to the 40 new hospitals pledge?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/59372348

As I mentioned previously, the definition of a 'new' hospital was changed by the Department of Health to include refurbishments and rebuilds. The end result is that - depending on the original source - between 3 - 5 'new' hospitals are currently being built.

Even with the redefinition of the word 'new', it's hardly rapid progress.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, RayC said:

If the damage can be limited for the next two years, I hope that Johnson somehow manages to lead the Tories into the next election. It will almost guarantee an opposition win.

Well that's why they booted him out to try and prevent that happening.

Makes no difference to me at my time of life,  don't know why people get so upset in the first place. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RayC said:

If the damage can be limited for the next two years, I hope that Johnson somehow manages to lead the Tories into the next election. It will almost guarantee an opposition win.

You obviously don't listen to the opposition bench speeches in the House, do you....????

And poor ol' Kier can't get rid of his embarrassing sidekick, which Penny buried.....????

21 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

June 2016

Banning prawn cocktail crisps

This is a subject that has exercised Boris Johnson for about 15 years. In 2002 he wrote that some of his “most joyous hours” had been spent composing “foam-flecked hymns of hate to the latest Euro-infamy”, the first on the list: the ban on prawn cocktail crisps.

Except that the EU never banned the crisps. The EU contends that this palaver was the result of an error by the UK government, which failed to include prawn cocktail when asked to send a list of flavourings and sweeteners in current use to the EU, which was drafting a harmonised EU-wide list. When the mistake was spotted, the information was provided by the UK government and the list was amended.

But this hasn’t stopped Johnson from getting angry about it. As recently as March, the former London mayor cited the “great war against the British prawn cocktail flavour crisp” as part of his evidence of Brussels-gone-mad and a reason he was campaigning to leave.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/23/10-best-euro-myths-from-custard-creams-to-condoms

I know, I know...the Grauniad.

Go ahead, shoot the messenger.

I have just been to a U.K supermarket and they are now selling Prawn cocktail flavoured crisps again .

I for one appreciate Borises efforts in getting the U.K to leave the E.U and now once again, we can enjoy our Prawn Cocktail flavoured crisps 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, transam said:

You obviously don't listen to the opposition bench speeches in the House, do you....????

You appear to have posted the wrong link. Either that or you are very confused: Penny Mordaunt is a Tory.

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have just been to a U.K supermarket and they are now selling Prawn cocktail flavoured crisps again .

I for one appreciate Borises efforts in getting the U.K to leave the E.U and now once again, we can enjoy our Prawn Cocktail flavoured crisps 

Did you check the ingredients to see if there’s actually any prawn in them?

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Hurrah. Finally, a Brexit benefit????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
24 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

June 2016

Banning prawn cocktail crisps

This is a subject that has exercised Boris Johnson for about 15 years. In 2002 he wrote that some of his “most joyous hours” had been spent composing “foam-flecked hymns of hate to the latest Euro-infamy”, the first on the list: the ban on prawn cocktail crisps.

Except that the EU never banned the crisps. The EU contends that this palaver was the result of an error by the UK government, which failed to include prawn cocktail when asked to send a list of flavourings and sweeteners in current use to the EU, which was drafting a harmonised EU-wide list. When the mistake was spotted, the information was provided by the UK government and the list was amended.

But this hasn’t stopped Johnson from getting angry about it. As recently as March, the former London mayor cited the “great war against the British prawn cocktail flavour crisp” as part of his evidence of Brussels-gone-mad and a reason he was campaigning to leave.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/23/10-best-euro-myths-from-custard-creams-to-condoms

I know, I know...the Grauniad.

Go ahead, shoot the messenger.

Expand  

What do you mean "again". They were never banned in the first place. It was all a figment of Johnson's enduring need for disambiguation, obfuscation and telling porkies.

BTW, I voted Leave but I didn't vote for the ensuing circus or it's ringmaster.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

What do you mean "again". They were never banned in the first place. It was all a figment of Johnson's enduring need for disambiguation, obfuscation and telling porkies.

BTW, I voted Leave but I didn't vote for the ensuing circus or it's ringmaster.

No, they were actually banned for a while , they contained a banned colouring , I personally recall that Worcester sauce flavoured crisps were banned as well , they were my personal crisp choice of flavour and they got banned for having cancer causing ingredients 

18 minutes ago, RayC said:

You appear to have posted the wrong link. Either that or you are very confused: Penny Mordaunt is a Tory.

No I haven't, just listen to Penny bury Angela, who is so embarrassed had to really cover her face. ????

27 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I personally recall that Worcester sauce flavoured crisps were banned as well , they were my personal crisp choice of flavour and they got banned for having cancer causing ingredients 

Seems like a pretty good reason to ban them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They would have a better standard of living than the tents that they live in in Calais 

Yes I have witnessed the people camping in Calais . I had to wait there for two weeks for my UK passport to be sent to me . I talked with many of them that were endeavouring to reach the UK shore line and was offered a beer by many of them  at the same time.

My impression was that many of them had wealthy parents .

Many truck drivers ready to take there money to reach there goal and many french officials ready to join in the game .

Overhaul the UK government wins from the so called illegal immigrants.

Now they come up with sending them to Rawanda.

It will not happen thanks to human rights that the conservative government has a desire to over ride

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

even if not good for ones health, your posts has the word "cancer" that should be enough to run (from them) as fast as you still can  555

Edited by Mavideol