BREAKING NEWS ! Boris Johnson to resign as Prime Minister

CharlieH

11 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Conversely, can you tell me which of Boris's hospitals are underway - Boris's note, not ones that were already underway when he took over.

Since his announcement , there has been huge Government spending on the Covid crisis .

3 Billion / 4 Billion Pounds is how much the U.K has spent on Covid measures , which include temporary field hospitals . 

You can understand Gov diverting funds from making new hospitals to spending it on covid measures 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Since his announcement , there has been huge Government spending on the Covid crisis .

3 Billion / 4 Billion Pounds is how much the U.K has spent on Covid measures , which include temporary field hospitals . 

You can understand Gov diverting funds from making new hospitals to spending it on covid measures 

Hey there's seven hospitals knocked up for you over just two months at a comparatively low cost of about half a billion. Boris pledge done!

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

You're right but so what? How does that negate my implied accusation that Johnson was responsible for wasting a vast amount of money and resources on a badly thought out, badly managed and ultimately failed project?

Oh, let's keep digging, I wonder what the lefties will come up wiv tomorrow.

Boris uses cheap toothpaste, hangs on to an old tooth brush, I can't wait to read it.....????

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Try analyzing the difference between finishing election campaigning, then having a prearranged beer n curry party in the office after work. 

Your next analysis is the difference between the above and the partygate campaign. No difference except politically motivated police.

Perhaps not politically motivated - that suggests the entire police force marches to a particular beat; but I would agree that the ultimate decisions were, if not politically driven, certainly politically influenced.

Looking at the essential similarities between the two events, including the evasiveness displayed by both parties, it is difficult to escape that conclusion.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, RayC said:

You're right but so what? How does that negate my implied accusation that Johnson was responsible for wasting a vast amount of money and resources on a badly thought out, badly managed and ultimately failed project?

Partially responsible , as you the other many people involved.

He is very low down on the list of people responsible 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well you would get that impression if you go to a food bank . 

I went to the Wimbledon tennis yesterday and the bars and restaurants were full of people in designer clothes all feasting in expensive pubs and restaurants and Ferraris and Porches driving around everywhere 

and how many were English, I mean real English not with any connection (parents, Grand parents)  outside the UK

Well you would get that impression if you go to a food bank . 

I went to the Wimbledon tennis yesterday and the bars and restaurants were full of people in designer clothes all feasting in expensive pubs and restaurants and Ferraris and Porches driving around everywhere 

Probably mostly Russian ex-pats????

• Haha 1

Bent bananas not a Euro-myth after all

"Yet it now turns out that, by the EU’s own admission, there were rules specifying the maximum permitted curvature of bananas. Now, Commission Regulation Number 2257/94, which lays down that bananas must be “free from abnormal curvature of the fingers”, is to be scrapped.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100610102213/http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/5705717/Bent_bananas_not_a_Euromyth_after_all/

The origin was a request by the European Association of Banana Trade Association (ECBTA) (no joke) and several member States which asked for clearly defined quality standards. As a result, bent bananas have been classified as class 2, but have not been prohibited.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

Like 34 billion to a government crony for a Track and Trace app that didn't work.

5 minutes ago, candide said:

The origin was a request by the European Association of Banana Trade Association (ECBTA) (no joke) and several member States which asked for clearly defined quality standards. As a result, bent bananas have been classified as class 2, but have not been prohibited.

His point was highlight the E.U rules and restrictions 

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

The criticism is aimed at the sheer hypocrisy of Liebour, its' leaders and followers. We have seen a prolonged campaign of hate by the left and MSM against a PM who beat them for Brexit and took 'their' red wall seats in a landslide election victory. Boris was a victim of a witch hunt over a few piffling porkies, while the Labour party is a total lie to the working classes who it previously represented.

Enough of the electorate have seen through the smoke and mirrors of the last Labour government, which is why they haven't been able to win the last four General Elections. Reference to master liar Tony Blair is an example to remind you of what happens when the left sneaks into power: World wrecking wars; massive overspending & deficit; contempt for it's own supporters and the demolition of Britain.

M&C Saatchi working on Tory ad campaign | M&C Saatchi | The Guardian

You were warned before but still foolishly succumb to Liebour's flim-flam. Starmer and his current crew are no better, no matter how much they try to take the high ground over Boris.

You talk of the hypocrisy of "Liebour" supporters whilst casually dismissing Johnson's lies to parliament amongst others as "piffling porkies". Laughable.

Anyway, your preoccupation with the actions of a Labour PM - which I don't condone before you or any other Johnson apologists seek to divert attention to him yet again - proves my point.

Actually, I'll correct myself: As you show, the defence of Johnson consists of a combination of 'Blair' and 'Balatelli' (Why always me?). It's always someone else's fault. Like Johnson himself, it appears that his followers cannot take accountability and responsibility for a defence of his actions.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Try analyzing the difference between finishing election campaigning, then having a prearranged beer n curry party in the office after work. 

Your next analysis is the difference between the above and the partygate campaign. No difference except politically motivated police.

The difference is your man is as guilty as sin and Starmer not breaking the law.

54 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, let's keep digging, I wonder what the lefties will come up wiv tomorrow.

Boris uses cheap toothpaste, hangs on to an old tooth brush, I can't wait to read it.....????

In case you hadn't noticed, the discussion has been about Boris Johnson and, in particular, his integrity. With that in mind, surely his record as London Mayor is relevant? In any event, the link which I referenced, was posted by one of your fellow Boris supporters.

Btw: Dentists advise changing their toothbrushes regularly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

In case you hadn't noticed, the discussion has been about Boris Johnson and, in particular, his integrity. With that in mind, surely his record as London Mayor is relevant? In any event, the link which I referenced, was posted by one of your fellow Boris supporters.

Btw: Dentists advise changing their toothbrushes regularly.

I don't know how you can bother with him and his whifflery. You're a better man than I.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Partially responsible , as you the other many people involved.

He is very low down on the list of people responsible 

How on earth can you logically come to that conclusion?

Johnson's mayoral administration was responsible for initiating the project, allocating funds to it, for designing the procurement process and letting contracts. How much more responsible could he be?

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I didn't mean you personally, I was speaking to all anti Boris forum members .

If I want to speak to you personally, I will send you a PM

Don't bother.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Hey there's seven hospitals knocked up for you over just two months at a comparatively low cost of about half a billion. Boris pledge done!

Only 23 - or is it 33? - to go.

56 minutes ago, baboon said:

The difference is your man is as guilty as sin and Starmer not breaking the law.

There is no difference. Exactly the same social gatherings after work in the same workplace. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

You talk of the hypocrisy of "Liebour" supporters whilst casually dismissing Johnson's lies to parliament amongst others as "piffling porkies". Laughable.

Anyway, your preoccupation with the actions of a Labour PM - which I don't condone before you or any other Johnson apologists seek to divert attention to him yet again - proves my point.

Actually, I'll correct myself: As you show, the defence of Johnson consists of a combination of 'Blair' and 'Balatelli' (Why always me?). It's always someone else's fault. Like Johnson himself, it appears that his followers cannot take accountability and responsibility for a defence of his actions.

Fortunately we haven’t had a Liebour PM for about 17 years. There’s very little else to compare with other than war criminal Blair’s massive lies. Smarmy Starmer hasn’t had much opportunity to  show his deceit yet, although his sanctimonious performance over partygate while presiding over beergate is rank hypocrisy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Loiner said:

There is no difference. Exactly the same social gatherings after work in the same workplace. 

Under different lockdown rules.

Away with you and your knowingly false equivalences. Just accept the result and move on.

Edited by baboon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1