Thailand Tourist Police launches ‘I Lert U’ mobile app for 24-hour assistance

snoop1130

Thailand-Tourist-Police-I-Lert-U-app-696x419.jpg

The following is a press release from the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT). The statements within are their own.

Bangkok, 8 July, 2022 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to inform tourists they can download the ‘Tourist Police I Lert U’ mobile application, to enjoy peace of mind throughout their travels in Thailand.

Downloadable for free at Google Play for Android phones and App Store for iOS phones, the I Lert U application is available in English and Thai. The app is linked to the Tourist Police 1155 Emergency Response Centre, where there are also interpreters and translators ready to provide tourist assistance in other languages.

Tourists requiring help at any time 24 hours around the clock can use the application to contact the Tourist Police, who will dispatch officers to the scene immediately. Tourists can also take a photo of an incident and upload via the app to require assistance.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/07/08/press-release-thailand-tourist-police-launches-i-lert-u-mobile-app-for-24-hour-assistance/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-07-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thanks 1

I just installed the app. It immediately showed my exact location on the included map. Out of curiosity I tapped the "request" button. As I hadn't entered a message I figured it would go to another screen. I almost immediately received a call back from an English speaker. I apologized for the false message and he politely said no problem.  I don't understand why so many are automatically critical of the Thai Police whenever they actually try to make improvements.

Edited by silverhawk_usa
  • Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 7:14 AM, lassebasse said:

The App is not new, I already had it since like a year. Same quality as other thai apps. I had not set set my birthdate since you have to scroll through every month starting in 2022 back to the year you were born and at my age you do not have time for stupid things like that.

I just skipped entering the birthday,as it is cumbersome, and the app still worked fine. I tapped the "request" button, and received an immediate call back. At my age I realize that a "stupid thing" like this could someday actually be a lifesaver.

Edited by silverhawk_usa
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

Another doomed hi-tec app in the hands of lazy incompetents with next to no other foreign language skills. 

Will any tourists know what I Lert U means?

'to enjoy peace of mind throughout their travels in Thailand.'

Only tourists who have not had this would ever find and use it.

Confused. Again.

I've had the standard 'i lert u' App on my phone for years. It definitely works. Very handy for sending your exact location in an emergency. But I wouldn't recommend sending an alert if *you* are the emergency.