LTR Visa is Now available for Long Term Residency

In that case, the 5 years begins the date you first entered Thailand. For example, if your visa is from 1 Oct 2022 to Sep 30 2032. The first day you entered Thailand is 1 August 2023, then your admitted until will be 31 July 2028, is that right?  

3 minutes ago, JJJJJJJJ said:

In that case, the 5 years begins the date you first entered Thailand. For example, if your visa is from 1 Oct 2022 to Sep 30 2032. The first day you entered Thailand is 1 August 2023, then your admitted until will be 31 July 2028, is that right?  

Yes, that's how I understand it.

48 minutes ago, Misty said:

Yes, that's how I understand it.

That is also why when I left and then returned from the Philippines I was stamped in for the original 5 years  as I had a stamp in my passport for reference unlike the E-Visa you folks have. So yes there was and is some confusion by the I/O's at the airport.  Minor teething problems in my view. 

However, my LTR log on page still shows in step 7. I need it to move o to the issued before I can reopen the LTR to add my soon to be wife as a dependant...ugh. looks like I need to call them again since we are staying in Hua Hin until the 26th when we return to the Bangkok condo.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2022 at 12:30 PM, Boomer6969 said:

I got one while on marriage extensions, from Bangkok Bank. But the asked me to secure the 200000 THB credit limit with a fixed term deposit account.

Thank you @Boomer6969, have explored this further and it ended up being fairly straightforward with Bangkok Bank (Visa, 500k) and UOB (Mastercard, 900k) apart from the three dozen or so pages with signatures each time.

On 2/9/2023 at 5:59 AM, Misty said:

In case it helps others, this is just a quick update on what the correct "Admitted until" date should be for LTR e-visa holders. 

Background:  I first entered Thailand using my LTR e-visa last year, and then departed and re-entered a second time over the holidays. I received two different "Admitted until" dates.  My LTR e-visa was granted on 25 Oct 2022, the first admitted until date was 9 Nov 2027 (Suvarnabhumi) and the second admitted until date was 25 Dec 2027 (Don Muang).  My passport expires before either of those dates.

The LTR unit has since explained that the correct "Admitted until" dates is the first one (9 Nov 27), or the date that I first entered Thailand using the LTR e-visa.  Apparently it doesn't matter that my passport will expire before then.

I brought my passport to the LTR unit to get the incorrect stamp fixed.  They prepared some paperwork for the One Stop Service Immigration office to make the correction.  The new correct date is highlighted in blue in the passport. The LTR unit also gave me copies of the paperwork to show airport IOs in the future.

Apparently I'm not alone in having this issue. The LTR unit is working to make sure IOs at airport entries understand what to stamp, and also trying to get other people's stamps corrected as well.

Did you need to contact boi in advance or just walked in?

Im coming in on a new passport in a couple of weeks and need to go there and transfer my LTR from my old to new pp.

17 hours ago, User3847385 said:

Did you need to contact boi in advance or just walked in?

Im coming in on a new passport in a couple of weeks and need to go there and transfer my LTR from my old to new pp.

I did email the LTR Unit in advance. When they didn't respond, I planned to go in in person with the email and passport to see if they could fix the stamps.

Just coinicidentally, I ended up meeting the then head of the LTR unit at a social function and she helped communicate the details with her staff, before I had a chance to go in in person.  The LTR unit then responded to my email with letters for Immigration, and advised me to come in to their location to get the stamps fixed at the Immigration window, One Stop Service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I contacted the LTR center by email and asked about the period for which I’d need to demonstrate the 80k of income, for the Wealthy Global Citizen case.

I was told unequivocally over the course of a lengthy email exchange that

* For an application made any time in 2023, I would show 2021 and 2022 calendar year income

* The WGC process does not involve checking my *current* (2023) income/job situation at all.

This would seem to mean that if I left my job late 22 or early 23, and have no income during any of 23, I can still get a WGC visa in 23 (assuming all other criteria are met).

Is this really true?

Edited by tai4de2

14 hours ago, tai4de2 said:

I contacted the LTR center by email and asked about the period for which I’d need to demonstrate the 80k of income, for the Wealthy Global Citizen case.

I was told unequivocally over the course of a lengthy email exchange that

* For an application made any time in 2023, I would show 2021 and 2022 calendar year income

* The WGC process does not involve checking my *current* (2023) income/job situation at all.

This would seem to mean that if I left my job late 22 or early 23, and have no income during any of 23, I can still get a WGC visa in 23 (assuming all other criteria are met).

Is this really true?

I'll offer my opinion  based on my review of the LTR docs and having a LTR Pensioner visa ...see snapshots/partial quotes from BoI LTR website at the bottom of this post for more info.

My opinion is based on info from the BoI LTR website of partially quoted LTR requirements announcement/law and partial snapshot of the WGC paper application form.  It would appear they would look back two years/24 months from the date of your application to ensure you meet the 80K USD income requirement.   Example:  apply 30 June 2023 and they would look back two years till 30 Jun 2021.     My opinion is also based on the posts in this l....o.....n.....g thread that showed BoI does offer flexibility in evaluation of some applications (regardless of LTR type) since people earn money in many different ways and have various financial assets. 

"HOWEVER," BoI knows a person would/could only probably provide document proof of "past" years "based on a 1 Jan-31 Dec calendar year period"....like maybe annual income/tax documents only generated once a year.  So, actually the BoI would probably be looking at the current year earnings averaged (if any) along with the two past full calendar year earnings when required.   Turn this into a "monthly" average and see if the last 24 months average-out to equaling 80K USD/year which is the WGC income requirement.  

"THEN AGAIN," maybe the BoI understands folks applying under the WGC category can have highly variable income which is not based on a bi-weekly/monthly employment paycheck but instead on commissions/periodic payments which say occur randomly during the year, once a quarter, semi-annually, etc.  So, the BoI knows income showing for the "current" year may be low (or even zero) especially if the application submission date in early in the year; therefore, the BoI would rely on the income from the two past full calendar years.   Now this is a good thing as it shows BoI flexibility in reviewing income.  

Once again, above is just my opinion.....and the BoI has shown flexibility in meeting requirements based on posts in this thread where folks applied for various categories of LTR visa.  

Below info from BoI LTR Website

https://ltr.boi.go.th/documents/Announcement_of the Office of the Board of Investment No.2-2565 (EN).pdf

image.png.b3f598353d7e4cc9433432dd368a2c13.png

https://ltr.boi.go.th/documents/Wealthy-Global-Citizen.pdf

image.png.579bc2a822aaec9defacc9d923b50b77.png

Thank you to all those that have contributed to this thread.

Has any American here applying for the wealthy pensioner visa submitted income documentation other than a 1040 tax form?  I initially uploaded a monthly pension statement, which BOI ok'd in an email prior to applying.  Then they emailed back a few weeks later requesting a 2022 1040 form.  This happened to be a few days before the IRS started accepting them (in January) and I hadn't completed it yet. So instead, I uploaded a pension verification letter from my former employer.  I'm eagerly waiting to hear back.  Stuck on "consideration by government agencies".

47 minutes ago, 8X5ZD said:

Has any American here applying for the wealthy pensioner visa submitted income documentation other than a 1040 tax form?  I initially uploaded a monthly pension statement, which BOI ok'd in an email prior to applying.  Then they emailed back a few weeks later requesting a 2022 1040 form.  This happened to be a few days before the IRS started accepting them (in January) and I hadn't completed it yet. So instead, I uploaded a pension verification letter from my former employer.  I'm eagerly waiting to hear back.  Stuck on "consideration by government agencies".

I submitted just a letter from my Pension program which was a verification letter and which indicated when my lifetime defined benefit pension started and what the monthly amount was. That's it along with my Health Insurance and a photo. I was one of the first so maybe now they want the 1040.

Screenshot_20230216_185813_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 8X5ZD said:

I have a LTR-Pension visa...submitted in late Oct...approved in late Dec 2022.  In my application I originally uploaded pension letters/statements from my various U.S. govt pensions.  However, appox 30 days later the BoI requested additional income docs.....see below the BoI Screener request.

I then uploaded my 2021 U.S. fed tax return which made them happy but I'm here to tell you since I file a joint return with the wife the pension/IRA amounts on that return varied significantly from my pension letters since the return was reflecting pensions/IRA/etc., payment for both of us versus just me....Plus, most of my pensions are either "fully or partially non-taxable/non reportable on my tax return" like my VA pension which is 100% non taxable/non reportable---does not appear anywhere on a tax return as authorized by U.S. law.  But that VA pension was reflected in the benefits letters/statements I uploaded.

Additionally, based on the Screener 3 request maybe they only wanted some document(s) to support the couple thousand dollars of "passive", repeat, passive income I put on the application without any supporting docs....and maybe they were totally happy with the pension income docs I provided.  Penson/IRA income is generally "not" considered passive income.  

I think the request for tax returns is geared just to give "additional support/proof" a person really does have certain/x-amount of pension/passive income and the BoI knows the pension/IRA amounts on the tax return (especially a joint) return could vary very significantly from pension/IRA letters uploaded.   Plus maybe it also shows you are a law abiding, tax paying person.  

image.png.7c1c681914fa80399a51d58702afa8fe.png

Edited by Pib

27 minutes ago, Pib said:

and the BoI knows the pension/IRA amounts on the tax return (especially a joint) return could vary very significantly from pension/IRA letters uploaded. 

If they really needed a breakout of a joint return, TurboTax (and probably other tax software) thoroughly divides up the supporting documentation to reflect each joint filer's numbers.

I would suggest submitting a tax transcript rather than a 1040 and pointing out pension and social security line numbers you are using to qualify.  The transcript is protected with names and addresses truncated and the first digits of your social security numbers masked.  It is more of a government document than a 1040 as submitted.  

2 minutes ago, JimGant said:

If they really needed a breakout of a joint return, TurboTax (and probably other tax software) thoroughly divides up the supporting documentation to reflect each joint filer's numbers.

Yea...but all tax software is not that slick...and I expect a good amount of people still file paper returns with no software assistance.

1 minute ago, mudcat said:

I would suggest submitting a tax transcript rather than a 1040 and pointing out pension and social security line numbers you are using to qualify.  The transcript is protected with names and addresses truncated and the first digits of your social security numbers masked.  It is more of a government document than a 1040 as submitted.  

Above is true, but I expect the majority of people do not have an IRS online acct to immediately get a transcript....and calling for one could mean a month or two before it shows up in snail mail.   

I thought about submitting an IRS transcript since I have an IRS online acct, but I thought it would be more confusing to a BoI rep since it's not laid out in layman's format or language....laid out mostly in IRS geek talk and strange formatting....more like computer coding.    So, I provided my basic tax return....the PDF version generated by my tax software when efiling....with key parts like the SSNs redacted.  This PDF doc also included the tax software generated page showing it was e-filed and IRS accepted on a certain date.

10 hours ago, Pib said:

It would appear they would look back two years/24 months from the date of your application to ensure you meet the 80K USD income requirement.   Example:  apply 30 June 2023 and they would look back two years till 30 Jun 2021.     My opinion is also based on the posts in this l....o.....n.....g thread that showed BoI does offer flexibility in evaluation of some applications (regardless of LTR type) since people earn money in many different ways and have various financial assets.

Thanks. I believe you are correct. I continued my email thread with the LTR folks, asking this very direct question:

Do I still qualify if I apply in July 2023 with this (example):
2023 year-to-date: $0
2022: $500000
2021: $750000

The answer:

Yes, you can use the income for year 2022 and 2021. With your information, it can be qualified because the requirement for total income is 160,000 USD from the last 2 years (80,000 per year, but can be combined).

This appears to confirm the idea of average income for the trailing 24 month period being what's important, and also a certain flexibility that accounts for yearly variances in income.

I'm eager to confirm this because my investment in Thailand isn't quite at $500K, and I will likely need to "top it up" solely for the purpose of this visa. I'd like to avoid doing that unless I have some assurance that I qualify on all the other criteria.

14 hours ago, Pib said:

I have a LTR-Pension visa...submitted in late Oct...approved in late Dec 2022.  In my application I originally uploaded pension letters/statements from my various U.S. govt pensions.  However, appox 30 days later the BoI requested additional income docs.....see below the BoI Screener request.

I then uploaded my 2021 U.S. fed tax return which made them happy but I'm here to tell you since I file a joint return with the wife the pension/IRA amounts on that return varied significantly from my pension letters since the return was reflecting pensions/IRA/etc., payment for both of us versus just me....Plus, most of my pensions are either "fully or partially non-taxable/non reportable on my tax return" like my VA pension which is 100% non taxable/non reportable---does not appear anywhere on a tax return as authorized by U.S. law.  But that VA pension was reflected in the benefits letters/statements I uploaded.

Additionally, based on the Screener 3 request maybe they only wanted some document(s) to support the couple thousand dollars of "passive", repeat, passive income I put on the application without any supporting docs....and maybe they were totally happy with the pension income docs I provided.  Penson/IRA income is generally "not" considered passive income.  

I think the request for tax returns is geared just to give "additional support/proof" a person really does have certain/x-amount of pension/passive income and the BoI knows the pension/IRA amounts on the tax return (especially a joint) return could vary very significantly from pension/IRA letters uploaded.   Plus maybe it also shows you are a law abiding, tax paying person.  

image.png.7c1c681914fa80399a51d58702afa8fe.png

I emailed the BOI twice asking if it needs anything else, but so far have received no response.

So it looks like I'll have to get the 2022 1040 done then upload it.  They probably would not accept a 2021 - only the most recent. 

Did you provide just the 2-page 1040 form?  How about supporting docs such as a 1099-R, Schedule B, etc?

1 hour ago, 8X5ZD said:

I emailed the BOI twice asking if it needs anything else, but so far have received no response.

So it looks like I'll have to get the 2022 1040 done then upload it.  They probably would not accept a 2021 - only the most recent. 

Did you provide just the 2-page 1040 form?  How about supporting docs such as a 1099-R, Schedule B, etc?

"Since you have already submitted your application" I DO NOT recommend you upload anything else at this time "unless" BoI asks for Additional Docs because maybe the income proof you have provided to date has satisfied BoI.   Uploading your tax return now might "rock the boat"....cause a delay in evaluation of your application. 

Uploading a tax return is generally not mandatory....it's only optional as it can help provide additional proof of income to support other income docs you initially provided.  HOWEVER, if BoI does requests a tax return then basically the BoI has made it mandatory "in your case."   

Edit: From rereading your earlier post I see BoI has asked you for your 2022 return...so, unless you can convince them you will not be filing your 2022 tax year return until like 18 April 2023 (or later) as allowed by U.S. tax law and the income proof docs you have already provided should be good enough, then you are pretty much between a rock and hard place.    

I basically submitted the 2 page 1040 plus Schedule B return.  I use desktop tax software to file and I've been currently using HR Block software for the last 3 years or so.  It offers several ways to print a copy of your return....from the basic/official return to a return including all worksheets....or whatever you want to select in-between.

Below is a snapshot of HR Block print control screen I used to print-out my return which was the PDF version I submitted with my LTR application.  In my case it was basically the  1040, Schedule B form, Interest Summary, and a coversheet giving filing instructions/E-filing info.  The return consisted of only 6 pages single-sided when printed out. 

I didn't have any income other than pensions, interest, and dividends so I my return didn't have forms related to mutual funds/stocks sales which uses a Schedule D,  oddball income normally reported on Sch 1, 2, or 3 forms, etc.  No other forms like Worksheets, 1099INT, 1099R, 1099DIV, W2, etc., a person might have to attach if "mailing-in" a return.     

image.png.2de85fdd06fb980eba1f3bdbca2d1f0c.png

Edited by Pib

1 hour ago, 8X5ZD said:

Regarding submission of a tax return,  generally submission of your latest tax return with your LTR application is not hardcore mandatory with BoI if the other income docs/proof you provide is rock solid....gives BoI a complete warm-fuzzy. 

Scanning thru this l...o....n....g thread you'll see some folks got their LTR applications approved without submitting a copy of their tax return while others (like me) had to submit their latest return when the BoI later requested it.   It seems to be a case-by-case thing.  In my case I got the Request for Add'l Docs (i.e., my latest tax return) in late Nov 2022  and I submitted my 2021 tax return as completion/submission of my 2022 tax return would not occur until early-mid 2023.  

When I initially submitted my LTR pension application in Oct 2022 I did not want to submit any documents that were not absolutely required due to identity theft/privacy reasons.   But since then after reading many posts in this AseanNow forum and Reddit forum, watching Youtube videos, etc.,  it seems submission of your latest tax return improves your chances of faster application processing/approval, especially for U.S. citizens since the BoI seems to be well versed in U.S. tax returns since U.S. entities/businesses are big investors in Thailand....and a tax return adds strong supporting proof to your other income docs.   

But I will be the first to admit a tax return could also create confusion if it's a joint return and if some of your pensions/IRAs are fully or partially tax free which will not be reflected on a tax return, but your other income proof like pension letters/statement will show the amounts...this was my case since I have several U.S. govt pension that are fully/partially tax-free and are non-reportable on a tax return or 1099R type docs by U.S. tax law.  I'm sure BoI understand situations like this especially if you include a short memo explaining such.

If you can get your tax year 2022 return submit soon it would probably be best to submit it versus your 2021 return.  HOWEVER, if the BoI is just asking for your "latest" return and since U.S. returns for 2022 are not required to be submitted until 18 Apr 2023 (or later with certain extensions), hopefully the BoI realizes that many U.S. LTR applicants have not submitted a 2022 tax year return yet..not required yet by U.S. law........so, the latest return available would be for tax year 2021.  You could always submit your tax year 2021 return to BoI and hopefully keep the application moving to approval.....if BoI is not satisfied with your 2021 return they will just come back and ask for your 2022 return.

• Thumbs Up 1

I submitted my application 03Feb and got full approved endorsement today 17Feb.  I did submit my 2022 tax form 1040 and also 3 pensions in my name to back it up.  The only request I got for more documentation concerned my self-insuring health care.  Concerning that, what follows is cut & paste info that I posted to the BOI thread addressing TRICARE coverage for US military retirees:

An update.  I checked on the STATUS of my application, STEP 4, ACTION /View and noted that a document review screener made the following comment ref self-funding medical insurance, quote:  

"Financial evidence showing a deposit of no less than 100,000 USD which has been held for no less than 12 months at the time of application. For this one, it must be cash only.                                         Do you have TRICARE Overseas health insurance?"

My DFAS pension may have alerted them to the possibility that I had TRICARE coverage.  So, I successfully uploaded my Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) letter proving my current coverage.

Note that after I had already submitted my original application, I went back and tried to upload that same letter before, prior to being asked for it, and the already submitted application would not successfully upload any new documents.  Once a screener specifically asked me for it, the screener also provided a location for me to upload what they asked for.

The DMDC letter was all I uploaded, and my application was endorsed within an hour after that.

On 2/5/2023 at 7:47 PM, digitalnotmad said:

Hi all,

I got the LTR - Work From Thailand Professional category very recently. This thread helped me in many ways to get an idea about LTR visa and background process. I'd like to show my gratitude by registering as a new member and provide any support for fellow expats aka Farangs.

I'm working for a publicly listed company in US so I only had to get employment verification letter from employer and letter was not addressed to LTR unit or any other gov org in Thailand. It was just a general letter.

Let me summarize my experience which might help future applicants.

Processing time : 1 month - due to year end holidays, Police report and Insurance waiting time, etc

Applied : Mid Dec 2022

Received BOI approval : Mid Jan 2023

Application summary : * Writing steps taken from the timeline poster attached to this post which is also displayed in https;!! ltr,boi,go,th below the Qualification endorsement section.

Step 1 : Fill in the form and submitted online with all scanned documents via portal (visa,boi,go,th replace comma with dot ????  )

Step 4 : Requested police report and insurance which was notified via email + notification bell on the portal page if you login to portal (top left)

Step 5 : Qualifications approved, which was notified via email + notification bell, Requesting to make an appointment (choose from drop down list of )Thai embassy/country or OSS @Bangkok. Chosen Thai embassy of a neighbour country where I was holidaying. You can choose e-visa option if your passport is allowed to apply online (www,thaievisa,go,th)

Step 6 : BOI approval letter which is addressed to the above Thai embassy to issue the LTR visa, Status in the portal changed to 'Complete' and the approval letter can be viewed by pressing 'view' button.

No Steps 7,8,9 as Visa will be issued outside Thailand.

Next : Make an appointment to the Thai embassy asap to apply visa (to secure the earliest date)

Print BOI approval letter

Next : Go to Thai embassy on Appointment date/time with passport + printed BOI approval letter. Take a Visa application form and fill it in, paste passport sized photo on application and hand over to Embassy counter with visa fee in cash (50k Baht or equivalent). Get the visa collection paper which has a collection date is printed.

Next : Visit embassy and collect passport, Check Visa sticker and make sure Visa is LTR Type T with 10yrs later ending date.

Next : Reached immigraiton at land crossing border checkpoint, Filled the arrival card (filled the departure section slip (T.M.6)as well in capital letters), None of the officers knew how to process, escorted to the Supervisor inside a room and he called someone internal and was given some instructions. Officer stamped passport page opposite to Visa sticker with permission to stay with a date of 5years. Asked me to keep departure card (T.M.6) has to keep securely and escorted me out of the immigration gate.

Next : Take bus to hotel and start work from Thailand.

https;!! ltr,boi,go,th home page shows as 'Tax exemption for overseas income' for WFT Professional.

I'm still searching about paying tax and Permanent Establishment confirmation. I hope I don't need to pay inome tax in Thailand or double tax, because there is a DTA already in place with my country. I have to stay more than 183 days in Thailand and see what will happen.

If you have questions pls and happy to answer them whenever I can. Let's help each other Farangs.  Cheers and good luck for your application!

TimeLine LTR.jpg

Firstly, congratulations DigitalNotMad with getting the approval. I would love your thoughts (or anyone else) with a couple of parts of the application process that i'm not super clear on.

A couple of pieces of info to set the scene. I'm from Australia and planning to move to Thailand in October 2023. I want to submit my application in March 2023 so I can get the approval sorted and start packing up my life but given the long lead time, I have the following questions:

1: The Health insurance requirement states that you need to have a minimum of 10 months remaining on the policy for it to be valid. Did you future date the policy to a date closer to when you were planning to move there OR is there another way where I can avoid paying 6 months of insurance when I will still be in Aus.

2: I work for a Private company in Australia and will continue to do so when I move to Thailand. The company I work for unfortunately does not meet the USD50M/year for 3 year revenue requirement but we have received substantial investments that are greater than that so i'm hoping that is sufficient ???? Can you tell me about your letter, what was declared (generally, don't need actuals) and did you have any back/forth with BOI about this letter?

Thanks in Advance

On 12/15/2022 at 6:13 PM, User3847385 said:

Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone have got a clue how it works if you need to move the LTR visa to a new passport (expires next year), the young chap at BOI said that I need a document from my embassy, I talked to my embassy who says that they stopped issuing these documents and told me that the main immigration office should already have informed the other offices about this fact.

Hello!

Sorry for question. I in the sme situayion. I need to move my LTR visa, which I recevied in january to new passport. In BOI office they said that i need some sertificate or letter, but my embassy (which is russian in this case) refused to give me anything.

Maybe you find out how to manage this situatuion? 

Also, I will appreciate any help.

Thank you

On 12/7/2022 at 1:08 PM, Pib said:

I may have missed some approvals...please speak-up if you have been approved. 

I was recieved my visa in 20 January as well as my family in work-from-Thailand-programm. I submitted application in 17.11.22.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Ramilf said:

I was received my visa in 20 January as well as my family in work-from-Thailand-program. I submitted application in 17.11.22.

35 minutes ago, pablo el sueco said:

Today, February 20, my status is approved for Wealthy Pensioners category.

My application submission date was November 06.

Update:   Known LTR Visa Approvals as of 20 Feb 2023 "based only on posts in this thread I saw."  Added in bold text "Ramif" (and family)  received his Work-from-Thailand Visa approval 20 Jan 2023 and "pablo el sueco" who received his Pensioner Visa approval today/20 Feb 2023.   See their posts above for more details. 

Congrats!!!   Really good to see more people getting LTR visas.   The Pensioner and Work-from-Thailand visa categories appear to be popular.  

Poster & Date Final Approval Notice Rec'd

1.   BKKNono  -  15 Sep 2022

2.  ashkale  - 28 Sep 2022

3.  ThailandRyan  - 28 Sep 2022

4.  pepper402  - 29 Sep 2022

5.  gajah  - 30 Sep 2022

6.  Alotoftravel  - 4 Oct 2022

7.  James7  - 4 Oct 2022

8. & 9.  Misty (and family member)  - 4 Oct 2022

10.  mudcat  - 4 Oct 2022

11. & 12.  stuarty (and wife) - 4 Oct 2022

13.  Boomer6969  - 5 Oct 2022

14.  aublumberg - 12 Oct 2022

15.  JJJJJJJJ  -  8 Nov 2022

16.  F Groenen - 22 Nov 2022

17.  smic - 28 Nov 2022

18.  Paul3456 - 30 Nov 2022

19.  anotherexpat4444 - 7 Dec 2022

20.  User3847385 - 8 Dec 2022

21. & 22.  Zuman - 16 Dec 2022 (and Mrs Zuman on 27 Dec 2022) 

23. lextsy - 21 Dec 2022

24. Pib - 23 Dec 2022

25. Saraburi121 - 23 Dec 2022

26. khunjeff - 26 Dec 2022

27. TaiMaiTai - 4 Jan 2023

28. digitalnotmad - mid Jan 2023

29. & 30.  Ramif (and family) - 20 Jan 2023

31. OneZero - 17 Feb 2023

32. pablo el sueco - 20 Feb 2023

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2023 at 9:36 PM, OneZero said:

I submitted my application 03Feb and got full approved endorsement today 17Feb.  I did submit my 2022 tax form 1040 and also 3 pensions in my name to back it up.  The only request I got for more documentation concerned my self-insuring health care.  Concerning that, what follows is cut & paste info that I posted to the BOI thread addressing TRICARE coverage for US military retirees:

An update.  I checked on the STATUS of my application, STEP 4, ACTION /View and noted that a document review screener made the following comment ref self-funding medical insurance, quote:  

"Financial evidence showing a deposit of no less than 100,000 USD which has been held for no less than 12 months at the time of application. For this one, it must be cash only.                                         Do you have TRICARE Overseas health insurance?"

My DFAS pension may have alerted them to the possibility that I had TRICARE coverage.  So, I successfully uploaded my Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) letter proving my current coverage.

Note that after I had already submitted my original application, I went back and tried to upload that same letter before, prior to being asked for it, and the already submitted application would not successfully upload any new documents.  Once a screener specifically asked me for it, the screener also provided a location for me to upload what they asked for.

The DMDC letter was all I uploaded, and my application was endorsed within an hour after that.

Well, they might not get the full one million visas advertised, but with that kind of attitude from BOI people is the ingredient that can make this program wildly successful.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Update:   Known LTR Visa Approvals as of 20 Feb 2023 "based only on posts in this thread I saw."  Added in bold text "Ramif" (and family)  received his Work-from-Thailand Visa approval 20 Jan 2023 and "pablo el sueco" who received his Pensioner Visa approval today/20 Feb 2023.   See their posts above for more details. 

Congrats!!!   Really good to see more people getting LTR visas.   The Pensioner and Work-from-Thailand visa categories appear to be popular.  

Poster & Date Final Approval Notice Rec'd

1.   BKKNono  -  15 Sep 2022

2.  ashkale  - 28 Sep 2022

3.  ThailandRyan  - 28 Sep 2022

4.  pepper402  - 29 Sep 2022

5.  gajah  - 30 Sep 2022

6.  Alotoftravel  - 4 Oct 2022

7.  James7  - 4 Oct 2022

8. & 9.  Misty (and family member)  - 4 Oct 2022

10.  mudcat  - 4 Oct 2022

11. & 12.  stuarty (and wife) - 4 Oct 2022

13.  Boomer6969  - 5 Oct 2022

14.  aublumberg - 12 Oct 2022

15.  JJJJJJJJ  -  8 Nov 2022

16.  F Groenen - 22 Nov 2022

17.  smic - 28 Nov 2022

18.  Paul3456 - 30 Nov 2022

19.  anotherexpat4444 - 7 Dec 2022

20.  User3847385 - 8 Dec 2022

21. & 22.  Zuman - 16 Dec 2022 (and Mrs Zuman on 27 Dec 2022) 

23. lextsy - 21 Dec 2022

24. Pib - 23 Dec 2022

25. Saraburi121 - 23 Dec 2022

26. khunjeff - 26 Dec 2022

27. TaiMaiTai - 4 Jan 2023

28. digitalnotmad - mid Jan 2023

29. & 30.  Ramif (and family) - 20 Jan 2023

31. OneZero - 17 Feb 2023

32. pablo el sueco - 20 Feb 2023

Whoops...me make member name typo...instead of Ramif the correct spelling is  Ramilf.  I will correct on next list update.