LTR Visa is Now available for Long Term Residency

50 minutes ago, Pib said:

When you log onto your acct under the "Information" tab the flow diagram shows Qualification Approved as Step 4.   You are probably just fine. 

I know during the final days of my LTR approval the status changed very frequently/rapidly as I responded to Notifications/Emails where BoI asked for certain things to dot all the i' s and cross all the t's.  

Just be sure to monitor your online acct "Notifications" area (i.e., the little bell in the upper left hand corner) and your Email inbox because the BoI may ask for additional info via Notifications/Email although there is no apparently change in online status.   

Yea....I think you are close to the finish line.

Thank you.

The thing is that I've already been at Step 4 "Qualification Approved". On the Information page there was this button to proceed - upload actual documents and update address info, etc. So I did and submitted, and application moved to Step 5 (I guess). But now I have this strange "Return Pre approved" status which I don't recognize in the schema ))) So it worries me. Maybe it's OK ????‍♂️

Regarding notifications etc. - yeah, it's kinda not obvious. E.g., when I got my "Qualification Approved" status, I didn't get any emails from BoI - I just saw it in account )) In the Notifications area I still have only endorsement from 20th March.

image.png.b73e8ffd74086c7f7fb8cfbb1b8ee216.png

image.png.5ee3b9b574a49c130d7b6b8abbb57b91.png

Edited by NickDm

56 minutes ago, NickDm said:

Thank you.

The thing is that I've already been at Step 4 "Qualification Approved". On the Information page there was this button to proceed - upload actual documents and update address info, etc. So I did and submitted, and application moved to Step 5 (I guess). But now I have this strange "Return Pre approved" status which I don't recognize in the schema ))) So it worries me. Maybe it's OK ????‍♂️

Regarding notifications etc. - yeah, it's kinda not obvious. E.g., when I got my "Qualification Approved" status, I didn't get any emails from BoI - I just saw it in account )) In the Notifications area I still have only endorsement from 20th March.

Hi, the phone screenshots above indicated that you've been notified that you can now make an appointment for a visa stamp.  If that's correct, I'd contact the BoI to do that asap.

There were a lot of IT glitches when I'd applied (Sep 2022) and often the website notifications were not accurate.  The only way to get resolution was for phone calls (for the visa) and in person meetings (for the work permit).  Sometimes things got stuck in never never land, and the only way to get resolution was in person contact.

Hopefully things have improved since then, but if you have any doubt definitely contact the BoI directly.  If you are in Thailand, consider going to their office in person.  For me, that turned out to be the best way to complete the process.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Misty said:

Hi, the phone screenshots above indicated that you've been notified that you can now make an appointment for a visa stamp.  If that's correct, I'd contact the BoI to do that asap.

Thanks, I will email them, or call.

For sure system is not perfect - I had 2 applications for my Dependands stuck in "Pending" status for 1.5 months. I wasn't sure if it's Okay or not, because they are kind of linked to mine, but in the end their IT fixed it. Anyways, thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, NickDm said:

Thank you.

I expect since you uploaded a "new passport" your application had been endorsed/approved and since a passport is the core/central doc of the application that this has resulted in your application be set-back several steps in the process so BoI (and possibly relevant agencies) can take another look, update their system/internal paperwork to fully link you new passport to your application.   

To use an analogy, it might be like needing to change the hub of a spoked wagon wheel where the hub is the passport with the the spokes & rim being all the other docs submitted.....to replace that hub the spokes & rim must be removed and then connected back to the new hub......not a snap fingers process.  

As Misty recommended I would definitely contact BoI to talk your status if your status doesn't start moving "forward" in the steps process say by around the middle of next week.   Plus the LTR application IT system has went thru a lot of growing pains (and probably still has issues/glitches).  

Good luck....all of this is surely just an administrative, reshuffle the paperwork thing that unfortunately will take some time.  

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

I expect since you uploaded a "new passport" your application had been endorsed/approved and since a passport is the core/central doc of the application that this has resulted in your application be set-back several steps in the process so BoI (and possibly relevant agencies) can take another look, update their system/internal paperwork to fully link you new passport to your application. 

Yes, probably it's about the new passport.

Thank you, will contact them. 

20 hours ago, Pib said:

You say you qualify under the  monthly income rule.  This would mean your home country embassy still issues an income certification letter (keep in mind the U.S., U.K., and Auz embassies no longer issue such letters) "OR" you have had monthly income transfers of at least Bt65K going to your Thai bank account for 2 or 3 months (whether 2 or 3 seems to vary from immigration office to office although the rule is supposed to be 2 months) since your planned late May 2023 entry.  This would mean monthly transfers would need to have been arriving since around Apr/May 2023 (or earlier) since you'll probably apply for the extension in around late Jul 2023.....basically 2 or 3 monthly transfers under your belt before the day you apply for an extension if your home country embassy no longer issues an income letter.

Normally, immigration requires 12 months of transfers for annual extension "except for the first extension of your Non O visa after entry to Thailand" which will be your case.....so, you'll just need 2 or 3 months.   

So, if you meet above monthly income requirement you should be good-to-go to do a 1 year extension of stay. 

Otherwise, you'll need to go the Bt800K deposit method or try using an agent.   Or, maybe try getting a 60 day extension of your 90 day Non O visa....maybe those 2 extra months will help bridge the gap to getting a LTR....but it sounds like going a 1 year extension is probably the best thing to do considering you can't be sure as to how long it will take to process your LTR application....for most folks it takes 1 to 2 months even when all their ducks are lined up. 

Hi, I'm from the US, so no letter from the embassy. Thanks for the precisions on monthly transfers, I was really not clear on this and this is helpful. On a 90-days limit, the requirement seems very tight. I might end up biting the bullet and getting the extension via an agent.

NW

7 hours ago, HerewardtheWake said:

To a message on March 29, 2023, that he website does not connect, BoI replied that the system is under maintenance and will be back on stream in two or three days.

Even the BoI's SMART visa website (below) is down as of 30Mar/7:52pm Thai time.   But the BoI primary/generic website is up.

In the past whenever the BoI LTR website was down (which was often) I would check the SMART visa website and it was "always" up.   

So, maybe the BoI is doing maintenance/combining/revamping "both" website?   I sure wish the BoI would upgrade the LTR website to at least equal the amount of info on the SMART visa website as the SMART website has a LOT more info on obtaining and "maintaining" a SMART visa to include things like how to do the annual address reporting.   

https://smart-visa.boi.go.th/smart/index.html

19 minutes ago, Pib said:

Even the BoI's SMART visa website (below) is down as of 30Mar/7:52pm Thai time.   But the BoI primary/generic website is up.

In the past whenever the BoI LTR website was down (which was often) I would check the SMART visa website and it was "always" up.   

So, maybe the BoI is doing maintenance/combining/revamping "both" website?   I sure wish the BoI would upgrade the LTR website to at least equal the amount of info on the SMART visa website as the SMART website has a LOT more info on obtaining and "maintaining" a SMART visa to include things like how to do the annual address reporting.   

https://smart-visa.boi.go.th/smart/index.html

Yep down and down

https://visa.boi.go.th/

image.png.054b99203a9fb1a38d29489bf822a1b0.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

This is the main BoI website I was referring to....it's up.  But the LTR and SMART visa websites are down.

https://www.boi.go.th/

image.png.16bb14fe9b99dd8f4e69647ebc815f3e.png

Weird that the in mine and yours takes you to 2 different BOI pages....well mine does have visa in the link so it must be that the main BOI site is up but nothing for the Visas.

Edited by ThailandRyan

The Boi LTR and SMART visa websites are back online as of 31 March at 10am Thai time.  Or at least for me they work.

Edit:  and from looking at both for a few minutes I don't see any changes/upgrades "info-wise."   So the down time over the last few days was not due to upgrading info to be displayed a user....I sure was hoping the BoI was going to upgrade the LTR website to display a LOT more practical info, Q&A, etc., like the SMART visa website displays.  Oh well.  

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

The Boi LTR and SMART visa websites are back online as of 31 March at 10am Thai time.  Or at least for me they work.

Edit:  and from looking at both for a few minutes I don't see any changes/upgrades "info-wise."   So the down time over the last few days was not due to upgrading info to be displayed a user....I sure was hoping the BoI was going to upgrade the LTR website to display a LOT more practical info, Q&A, etc., like the SMART visa website displays.  Oh well.  

Whatever they did dropped mine back into screen 7 and I have been completed since last October.  I called them back a few months ago and they were doing an update, after the update I had been cleared in the system and was in the process of uploading a dependents information, but now I am locked out again.  I will call them after lunch.

No I had not submitted the dependents information as I was still in the process of uploading the documents which I am waiting for a translated ID card for the dependent,

Here is what a current screen shot shows:

image.png.999ce4dce6bac75a69bb22716321d86a.png

image.png.decf1cf6a408fb26a932eb99a79de53a.png

57 minutes ago, aublumberg said:

FYI for those wondering about opening a bank account on the LTR visa, the BOI website has launched a new section: LTR Visa Thailand - Opening Bank Account In Thailand (boi.go.th)

Hey, this is good in at least two ways.  

1st: this will make opening a bank acct with Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn Bank easier if you have an LTR visa.   No need for a letter from your home country embassy, resident certificate, etc., that Thai banks have increasing been asking for....especially Bangkok Bank.  And I think it also shows Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn Bank are putting out a welcome mat to LTR visa holders as they know BoI, Immigration, and other govt agencies will have thoroughly vetted LTR visa holders and the higher than average income an LTR visa holder often processes. 

2nd:  it looks like the BoI is now starting to enhance the BoI LTR web site.....starting off by starting a "Manage LTR Visa" section which I'm sure will expand with other helpful info.......hopefully make it more like BoI SMART website which offers a LOT more visa practical/management info.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just called the BOI to see if the system issue with my LTR Account can be fixed, as it still shows as my post above.  The individual I talked to said she would notify the IT unit.  I explained that we have been going round and round for 3 months with this issue as I have already been issued the Visa, but the system still wants me to make an appointment, upload the WP paperwork for the application as well as The employers paperwork.  I explained that several weeks ago the system showed I was completed in step 8 and now it had bounced back to step 7.  I also explained that I am retired and do not plan on working, so it is a moot point.  She said she understood this and again said she would notify IT by days end.

I also explained that I had started to upload the paperwork for the dependent but was waiting for a translated document to arrive and had not finished the uploads to submit for my dependent. Now that the system had bounced back to where it shows it is now as Pre Approved for my Visa I am locked out of that dependent screen.  She explained that now if you want to add a dependent you can no longer use your current account which you applied on, and instead must create a completely new account for the dependent.  This is what I think @Mistyindicated needed to be done a few months ago, but was different then what I had been told when discussing it with BOI, and now it appears that Misty was correct.

Hope this helps anyone else who may be having problems with the system. Completed but not completed, makes me scratch my head.....

Hi, yes, for what it's worth that's how they had me do the applications back in September last year.  I couldn't use the original account alone, I had to create a new separate dependent account for the second person.  The two accounts (original and dependent) had to be linked together though.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Misty said:

Hi, yes, for what it's worth that's how they had me do the applications back in September last year.  I couldn't use the original account alone, I had to create a new separate dependent account for the second person.  The two accounts (original and dependent) had to be linked together though.

Thank you for the additional comment regarding the two accounts needing to be linked.  I was sent an e-mail late last night from the BOI LTR Unit requesting I submit PDF's of my PP Bio Page, the last entry stamp into Thailand, and the pages showing the issued 10 year LTR Visa, and the 5 year permission to stay stamp as well.  It seems that when they issued my Visa back last October they never truly entered it into the system and therefore without the supporting documents, which I know they did make copies of, it is why I was put back into Step 7 and the account for me still requesting I make an appointment for Visa insertion.  Just more of the bumps in the road we have been feeling as the process gets smoothed out for others.  

For those that have received the Visa and it being stamped in their PP, please go to the BOI Visa website, log in and double check to ensure yours shows completed.  If not please contact the BOI LTR unit and talk to them.

43 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

For those that have received the Visa and it being stamped in their PP, please go to the BOI Visa website, log in and double check to ensure yours shows completed. 

It's getting harder and harder to logon......seems the LTR website uptime reliability has been going down hill....quite often down for many hours  or down for days....like it was down for a couple of days very recently.  And it's been down since mid afternoon yesterday/3 Apr......still down as of 9:45am/4 Apr.  

But yesterday, before it went down again my acct still showed Complete.

As of 9:45am/4Apr2023

image.png.002dfec02524f0f8f571437c6b72ea39.png

Edited by Pib

I was wondering about what kind of "additional documents" are required after you qualify. I'm talking about doing the LRT in Thailand and not through a consulate.

There's mention of a criminal record somewhere. That's pretty straighforward (provided they don't ask you to go and get one from your home country). But what about proof of address or long-term rental contracts? Is it possible to get a LRT while living in hotels one or two weeks at a time? With yearly retirement visa extensions this was not a major hurdle provided you used an agent.

FYI ... some interesting amendments (ahem ... expansions) to the list of target industries for LTR visa type Highly-Skilled Professionals.

Previously: 

(1) Next-generation automotive industry; (2) Smart electronics industry; (3) Quality tourism industry; (4) Agriculture and biotechnology industry; (5) High value-added food processing industry; (6) Automation and robotics industry; (7) Aviation industry; (8) Biofuels and bio-chemical industry; (9) Digital industry; (10) Medical and comprehensive healthcare Industry; (11) Defense industry; (12) Direct and significant supporting industries for the circular economy, e.g., fuel production from wastes, water resource management, etc.; (13) Human resources development, and research and development for targeted industries; (14) Other targeted industries in line with the 20-year National Strategy and as approved by the Commission for National Competitiveness Enhancement for the Targeted Industries Policies.

Now:

1) Automotive Industry 2) Electronics Industry 3) Affluent Tourism Industry 4) Agriculture, food, and biotechnology industry 5) Transportation and logistics industry 6) Automation and robotics industry 7) Aviation, aerospace, and space industry 8 ) Biofuels and bio-chemical industry 9) Petrochemical and Chemical Industry 10) Digital industry 11) Medical industry 12) National defense industry 13) Direct and significant supporting industries for the circular economy, e.g fuel production from wastes or water resource management, etc. 14) International Business Center (IBC) 15) Other industries in which the foreign applicants for the qualification endorsement must work with special expertise in one or more of the following areas: 1) Research and development in targeted industries or technologies, such as Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Advanced Material Technology, Digital Technology 2) Human resource development in science and technology at vocational or higher education levels 3) Application of artificial intelligence, automation, and robotics in business operations 4) Planning and development of digital systems to enhance business productivity and services 5) Financial or Marketing Analyst or Advisory Services. 6) Environmental and energy management 7) Management or Advisory of incubation programs, acceleration programs, innovation, and startup ecosystems 8 ) Alternative dispute resolution services. 9) Promotion and support of economic development, trade, and investment by foreign chambers of commerce and organizations promoting trade and investment from foreign countries.”

Details on the BOI LTR website under Info Services -> Law & Regulations -> Announcement of the Office of the Board of Investment No. Por. 6/2566.

Edited by aublumberg
  • Love It 1

On 4/3/2023 at 2:33 PM, Pib said:

2nd:  it looks like the BoI is now starting to enhance the BoI LTR web site.....starting off by starting a "Manage LTR Visa" section which I'm sure will expand with other helpful info.......hopefully make it more like BoI SMART website which offers a LOT more visa practical/management info.

BoI just added info on how to transfer a LTR visa/stamp between your passports.   See the new entry of "Transferring LTR Visa to New Passport" under the "Manage LTR Visa" menu.    Basically it done the same way as transferring any other visa/extensions like used for one year extensions like a Non O Retirement, etc. 

Hopefully the "Manage LTR Visa" menu will continue to grow with more info on how to manage a LTR visa....like how to do one year address reporting, how to do 5 year extension, etc....grow into a bunch of info like the BoI SMART visa website already has.   Time will tell.

https://ltr.boi.go.th/page/transferring.html

image.png.d392f047626ccdd0cf09710897f70efe.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know when the respective agencies meet to review/change the LTR requirements? I have applied for the WFTP LTR visa but the only requirement i dont meet is the 150M company revenue. My company only meets 110M but has also received significant capital investments which i have explained but doesnt appear is acceptable.

Struggling to find another way around it considering they don't appear flexible on this so thinking im going to just have to wait it out ????

1 hour ago, HerewardtheWake said:

Cannot log into the LTR site. Is it down? 

Up for me as of about an hour after you made above post.   But it could have been down when you tried because the site has a history of going down often.....sometimes for minutes to hours....and a couple of times for a few days. 

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Up for me as of about an hour after you made above post.   But it could have been down when you tried because the site has a history of going down often.....sometimes for minutes to hours....and a couple of times for a few days. 

Down now, and possibly through the weekend as its a holiday from here on out until Monday.

image.png.de9a37ae923ae6b4059066df913f1664.png

• Like 1