I have ruled the Phillipines out !

Crime is the worst in PH, worse than any other Asian country, the food sucks and hygiene is the pits, i use to go to the PH years ago for the ladies ,Angels city and alike, but i'm sure that even that has gone to the dogs by now...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

yea the philippines is "actual 3rd world." The food is atrocious. Went to the mall with a girl in Ermate and none of the escalators were working. Guards with sawed off shotguns at the western unions. 

The only reason to go to PH is to go to Walking Street in Angeles for a week and then leave. 

• Like 1

Its made me appreciate Thailand.

Anyone anyone here who complains about that Thailand I will pay your ticket here to Manila and drop you off at the airport and you can deal with the taxi touts demanding triple the prices to your hotel.

You would not last a week here in Manila or Cebu you were be bored out if your mind not to mention dealing with agressive beggars 

I have no idea with farangs who write about fascination with Cebu 

It's no beach paradise ,it's a rubbish strewn city with modern shopping malls and not pedestrian friendly, what can you do there all day?

Sit at a shopping mall 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Crime is the worst in PH, worse than any other Asian country, the food sucks and hygiene is the pits, i use to go to the PH years ago for the ladies ,Angels city and alike, but i'm sure that even that has gone to the dogs by now...

Its all shopping malls and American fast food.

As for Angeles City I'm here now seems to be a lot of Korean writing everywhere ,no footpaths, western prices , beeep beep traffic , I want to go back to Thailand this week I'm getting out ,as for the girls I looked at last night I think they must of opened up the senior citizens homes and bussed them into the go go bar job, couldn't help to stare at one bar where I'm sure no go go girl was under 40 !

They all seem to be old women working

They have no prices for drinks advertised so I wasn't going to go in and pay like 500 pesos for a glass of cica cola 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Its made me appreciate Thailand.

Anyone anyone here who complains about that Thailand I will pay your ticket here to Manila and drop you off at the airport and you can deal with the taxi touts demanding triple the prices to your hotel.

I always walked from the airport to the bus station (Pasay Victory Liner).

45 mins through the Barrio, cost nothing.

Then the bus to Olongapo and Jeepney to Barretto.

IMG_20161112_113716_PANO (3).jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Always amazes me how someone can right off an entire country because of one or two places.

I agree. 

There are so many options in the Philipines.

Yes I've been to Manila and Cebu City and wouldn't want to live there..

A little basic research would tell most people to avoid Angeles.

But how about:

Mactan island near Cebu City

Dumaguete 

Tagaytay

Just for starters.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, chuang said:

I was there during Marcos time it was terrific....

I went there to meet up with a friend of Imelda. She had bodyguards while growing up and was only back there as her brothers bodyguards had sold him out to islamist kidnappers, who killed him. She had things to sort out for his estate. This was in Zambuanga, she said no way would she ever live in the country again. On the flight back to Manila her luggage was robbed of antique Arabian artefacts, while I was mugged on a Sunday morning. I ended up getting severe food poisoning from the 5 star hotel we were in. The whole experience was not one I wanted to re visit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

looks like paradise from the photos ????

First hotel I stayed at in Angeles my shoes stuck to the carpet, moved to the Woodlands out of town where the smell from the nearby pig farm was overpowering. Many brownouts with no electric and as for the girls lot of starfish, scammers and liars, not to mention the cherry girls, left early. Mug city would be a better name for it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

AirBnB is opening up the Phils.  Stay away from the big cities, be adventurous and book a room somewhere out in the boons.

And be advised to get a gun.

I went to the boon as you call it, to visit my girls parents,all have guns 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You're just on the wrong place. Get on the bus to Barretto, Olongapo, nice beaches and restaurants. 

Nice beaches? Olangapo? Average at best I had a house there for a couple years it's certainly better than Angeles but not by much.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

yea the philippines is "actual 3rd world." The food is atrocious. Went to the mall with a girl in Ermate and none of the escalators were working. Guards with sawed off shotguns at the western unions. 

The only reason to go to PH is to go to Walking Street in Angeles for a week and then leave. 

3 or 4 days in Angeles used to pull me up couldn't stay any longer than that. 

It seems like for P4P, the decades-long consensus on this board is Thailand first, Cambodia second, and the PI a distant and begrudged at best third. 

Dominican Republic is worth a google. They have a Love Island thing where you get assigned your own Eastern Euro companion of appropriate blondness and breast size,

22 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

It seems like for P4P, the decades-long consensus on this board is Thailand first, Cambodia second, and the PI a distant and begrudged at best third. 

Dominican Republic is worth a google. They have a Love Island thing where you get assigned your own Eastern Euro companion of appropriate blondness and breast size,

Why is Cambodia better than the Philippines for prostitution ?