Save time without TM6? Not with this immigration....

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

We should never be surprised TIT, and they always find a way to make things overly complicated to justify their lofty positions....okay so that's just my opinion, but is it.......

It is the fact of the matter, not just your opinion but most people's.  If it cannot be made difficult, it is not worth doing.

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

We should never be surprised TIT, and they always find a way to make things overly complicated to justify their lofty positions....okay so that's just my opinion, but is it.......

.....and justify the job for life they probably purchased!

8 hours ago, khunjeff said:

They've had it on their list of requirements for the past 5 or 6 years, if I recall, though obviously they've never been able to enforce it 100%, since plenty of people have lost or thrown away their boarding pass by the time they reach the counter. 

At check-in the airline usually puts the barcode sticker for your luggage on the back of the boarding pass so one should always keep it in case luggage gets lost.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I envision a QR Code App or App one will need to fill out on there phones upon entering the country j6st like we did when travelling into Phuket, leaving Phuket, Flying into Chizng Mai and then when flying out during Covid times.

On my 2 Covid years arrivals the Apps. never worked anyway!

7 hours ago, stratocaster said:

My boarding card story. Arrived at BKK and the first immigration hall was heaving. Did the old trick and went to check out the other hall. Still busy but waiting anyway. Got to the desk to be refused service and informed that on my flight, the passengers had to use the other hall.

Been there. Done that...555

I feel sorry for the 3 or 4 ladies who were employed specifically to check that the arriving foreigner had filled out the TM6 "correctly" before being allowed to stand in line for IO desk....  what will they be doing now?

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Have always required boarding pass.

Prior to covid I flew out/in Thailand twice per month.

Boarding pass always asked for.

Granted often not providing one is overlooked as they realize most travellers are dills.

The same ones  that don't have a pen.

The same ones that don't fill in arrival card (prior to suspension).

Rant about nothing

I was not asked for boarding pass, or had to fill in a TM6 at all. going through immigration was very easy and straight forward. Any problem I ever had was with the jobsworths at IO offices. Never ever when going through immigration to enter the country.

22 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I was not asked for boarding pass, or had to fill in a TM6 at all. going through immigration was very easy and straight forward. Any problem I ever had was with the jobsworths at IO offices. Never ever when going through immigration to enter the country.

Amazing so (prior to covid) i was flying in/out Thailand twice a month for long time.

Not all Saigon but that certainly was the main one.

EVERY time I was asked for boarding pass and arrival card and given tm6 departure section in return. 

The tm6 has temporarily been suspended. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

At check-in the airline usually puts the barcode sticker for your luggage on the back of the boarding pass so one should always keep it in case luggage gets lost.

For some, mine put the stickers for the luggage on the Ticket holder, as I normally have two or 3 boarding passes givrn to me upon departure.  However, that was then and the last time I flew I just showed my QR code on the cellular and then scanned the QR code on the same glass as they do for the actual passes.....my luggage tags were handed to me on a sheet of paper.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Searat7 said:

Since TM6 is no longer used does this present a problem for the person setting up my TM 30 online ? I am going to office in my building to get this done tomorrow and don’t want to run into a roadblock because I have no TM 6.

My girlfriend has her apartment logged into the Section 38 app.  She registered me using the app, leaving the TM-6 and 'staying until date' blocks empty.

Good riddance to arrival forms, these anachronisms of the 1970's won't be coming back

Any so-called "tourist" whose stay and contact information is unclear should be detained at the airport until details can be verified. 

Soon we will see a new arrival APP launch. Definitely by high season , watch this space.

Next, please get rid of entry stamps.❤️✈️????????

I returned from Switzerland on July 7, also no TM6 and I had to do none of these things. Just fingerprints of the right hand, photo taken, stamped and I was back in.

I have a non o visa with a reentry permit.

Maybe this process only happens with tourists?

1 hour ago, frimu said:

Maybe this process only happens with tourists?

No it's been suspended for all.

My concern is what happens in the future.

Sounds like you live in Thailand...so what happens when you require a residence certificate or TDL renewal etc.

The things that previously required a TM6.

I hope there is no issue. 

On 7/10/2022 at 3:56 PM, DrJack54 said:

Have always required boarding pass.

Prior to covid I flew out/in Thailand twice per month.

Boarding pass always asked for....

Prior to the Covid-19 pandemic I flew to Bangkok at least once a year for over 30 years and not even once was I asked for my boarding pass by Thai immigration on arrival.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Prior to the Covid-19 pandemic I flew to Bangkok at least once a year for over 30 years and not even once was I asked for my boarding pass by Thai immigration on arrival.

And prior to covid for years I flew twice monthly to Saigon and back and was asked for boarding pass at DMK every time. 

Also asked when entering Saigon.