Liz Cheney at Jan. 6 hearing: Trump is 'a 76-year-old man,' not 'an impressionable child'

Scott

2 hours ago, The Big Mac said:

It was a "mostly peaceful protest," no? just like the hundreds of BLM "protests," but instead of getting a get-out-jail-free card, they are languishing in prison under trespassing charges thanks to activist prosecutors. Two very, very different standards of justice depending on your political persuasion. 

What? I did not know the BLM also assaulted the Capitol in order to steal elections!

They should be severely punished for that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Big Mac said:

It was a "mostly peaceful protest," no? just like the hundreds of BLM "protests," but instead of getting a get-out-jail-free card, they are languishing in prison under trespassing charges thanks to activist prosecutors. Two very, very different standards of justice depending on your political persuasion. 

What? I did not know the BLM also assaulted the Capitol in order to steal elections!

They should be severely punished for that!

Even twitter employees are getting in on the action and testifying now at January 6 hearings with their identities hidden and their voice disguised. This is incredible, and laughable.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-former-twitter-employee-says-he-tried-to-sound-alarm-on-donald-trumps-tweets-leading-up-to-jan-6

Maybe next, someone on the J6 committee, Kinzinger or Cheney or some such member can issue a subpoena to an Ouija board for further enlightened testimony.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lemmie said:

Even twitter employees are getting in on the action and testifying now at January 6 hearings with their identities hidden and their voice disguised. This is incredible, and laughable.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-former-twitter-employee-says-he-tried-to-sound-alarm-on-donald-trumps-tweets-leading-up-to-jan-6

Maybe next, someone on the J6 committee, Kinzinger or Cheney or some such member can issue a subpoena to an Ouija board for further enlightened testimony.

I am not sure what your point is.  Because the Committee decides to protect the identity of a person is not particularly relevant.  The committee knows the person and the testimony was under oath.  Not surprisingly, all roads lead to a planned insurrection by Trump.   

Days before the 2020 election, Steve Bannon said Trump is 'just gonna say he's a winner' – even if he loses, report based off leaked audio says

In a leaked audio recording, former Trump aide Steve Bannon can be heard saying that Trump was planning to reject the results of the 2020 election, even if he lost, according to the recording obtained by Mother Jones.

In the audio clip, recorded during a meeting between Bannon and his associates on October 31, 2020, Bannon says that the former president is "just gonna say he's a winner."...

Later in the audio Bannon says to expect "crazy <deleted>" from Trump after the election and that, "at 10 or 11 o'clock Trump's gonna walk in the Oval, tweet out, 'I'm the winner. 

https://news.yahoo.com/days-2020-election-steve-bannon-012139499.html

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Days before the 2020 election, Steve Bannon said Trump is 'just gonna say he's a winner' – even if he loses, report based off leaked audio says

In a leaked audio recording, former Trump aide Steve Bannon can be heard saying that Trump was planning to reject the results of the 2020 election, even if he lost, according to the recording obtained by Mother Jones.

In the audio clip, recorded during a meeting between Bannon and his associates on October 31, 2020, Bannon says that the former president is "just gonna say he's a winner."...

Later in the audio Bannon says to expect "crazy <deleted>" from Trump after the election and that, "at 10 or 11 o'clock Trump's gonna walk in the Oval, tweet out, 'I'm the winner. 

https://news.yahoo.com/days-2020-election-steve-bannon-012139499.html

Bill Maher and many others were predicting as much a year before voting. It was not surprising! It would have been surprising if he had  conceded like a normal person. 

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Bill Maher and many others were predicting as much a year before voting. It was not surprising! It would have been surprising if he had  conceded like a normal person. 

True. But it's one thing coming from those who had no use for Trump, quite another coming from someone like Bannon. MAGA supporters will write the formers' opinions off, but Bannon should be another matter. That said, they probably will find a way to ignore it anyway or maybe accuse Bannon of being a RINO.

• Like 1

Just an innocent nothingburger...

Newsmax’s Greg Kelly: Hey, Maybe Trump Just ‘Butt Dialed’ the Jan. 6 Witness

Greg Kelly, the Trumpiest host at ardently MAGA cable channel Newsmax, dismissed the blockbuster revelation that former President Donald Trump tried to call a witness set to appear before the Jan. 6 House committee.

According to Kelly on Tuesday evening, this was much ado about nothing because the ex-president likely just “butt dialed” that person.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/newsmax-host-greg-kelly-says-trump-maybe-just-butt-dialed-the-jan-6-witness

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Just an innocent nothingburger...

Greg Kelly, the Trumpiest host at ardently MAGA cable channel Newsmax, dismissed the blockbuster revelation that former President Donald Trump tried to call a witness set to appear before the Jan. 6 House committee.

According to Kelly on Tuesday evening, this was much ado about nothing because the ex-president likely just “butt dialed” that person.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/newsmax-host-greg-kelly-says-trump-maybe-just-butt-dialed-the-jan-6-witness

Well, this isn't the first time he's done it.  Considering that he is usually talking out of that orifice, may he did.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Most don't even know why they are in jail, and again this was not a insurrection

Actually, many were there because of a prophecy by QAnon that by invading the Capitol, the demonstrators would bring on the "Storm". You know, when all those Democratic malfactors and sympathizers in govt would be detained, tried, and executed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/01/13/qanon-capitol-siege-trump/

On 7/13/2022 at 3:15 AM, Scott said:

“President Trump is a 76-year-old man,” the Republican congresswoman from Wyoming said in her opening remarks. “He is not an impressionable child. Just like everyone else in our country, he is responsible for his own actions and his own choices.”

But he sure did spit the dummy like one.

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

Hey, give them a break, it's a change from "stolen election" and the other lunacy.

• Haha 1

On Wednesday, writing for MSNBC's ReidOut Blog, Ja'han Jones outlined how the House Select Committee on January 6's hearings are empowering litigants going after right-wing extremists with a 19th century law designed to neutralize racial terrorists.

"The MAGA movement is no different from other bigoted, fascist movements we’ve seen in our nation's past. It should be dismantled and destroyed, and the KKK Act might be the best way to do that."

https://www.rawstory.com/kkk-act/

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, newnative said:

The only living Republican I can think of that I like.

Yeah, that word "like" disqualifies a lot of them. Just short of it though there is some room for a few others. Adam Kinzinger, of course. I used to dislike Romney because of his religiosity and tax dodging but he has looked like the voice of reason in a party severely lacking that trait more lately.

Say what you like about the Dems shortcomings, they at least have strong factions in the party. The GOP simply purges the voice the of reason from its ranks. The GOP icon will be a dunce's hat soon. The elephants want their reputation back. The "reagan republicans" even as extreme as they may have been and now mainly gone look moderate to the current crop.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

On Wednesday, writing for MSNBC's ReidOut Blog, Ja'han Jones outlined how the House Select Committee on January 6's hearings are empowering litigants going after right-wing extremists with a 19th century law designed to neutralize racial terrorists.

"The MAGA movement is no different from other bigoted, fascist movements we’ve seen in our nation's past. It should be dismantled and destroyed, and the KKK Act might be the best way to do that."

https://www.rawstory.com/kkk-act/

SCOTUS will just strike that law down if that happens.  They are nothing but another political arm of the GQP now.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Yeah, that word "like" disqualifies a lot of them.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

When that mutual enemy is vanquished is the time to be very, very weary of your "friend."

As for Ms Cheney I see her as the force behind the committee, she's going at it GOP style: you did it, we know you did it, and we're gonna nail your _ss.  Those addendums she puts at the end of the televised sessions is making an impact that gets their own commentary in the media, with her few sentences making as much news as the rest of the session.  That is what I mean by GOP style.  Democrat style is wringing of hands and saying "ooo, they're not supposed to do that!" and go back to sitting on their thumbs (don't ask for samples, just  look back over the past six years and see for yourself).  Like the GOP renegades in the Lincoln Project who took on DT in 2020 put it: we're doing it because the Dems won't.  When a Dem emerges with a such a show of spine they are culled by their own party, one way or another.  Bring back Al Franken!

I do wish Garland would resign and someone who is active becomes AG.  I suspect he, too, is afraid of the  GOP, just like Comey and Mueller; I am not any sort of insider, but I suspect this cowering is part of the DOJ culture.  I suspect that the committee sees it in a similar way, and they are holding back passing info on to the DOJ because it just might get compromised.  As for having an understanding of the inner workings of the US Gov't never forget who Liz's father is.   

No one is afraid of the Democrats.  Adam Schiff?  Even his dog is not afraid of him, when I hear him speak I anticipate he's going to go into a sales pitch about life insurance.

As for the coming GOP presidential primaries expect a first-class dog fight.

17 minutes ago, bendejo said:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

When that mutual enemy is vanquished is the time to be very, very weary of your "friend."

As for Ms Cheney I see her as the force behind the committee, she's going at it GOP style: you did it, we know you did it, and we're gonna nail your _ss.  Those addendums she puts at the end of the televised sessions is making an impact that gets their own commentary in the media, with her few sentences making as much news as the rest of the session.  That is what I mean by GOP style.  Democrat style is wringing of hands and saying "ooo, they're not supposed to do that!" and go back to sitting on their thumbs (don't ask for samples, just  look back over the past six years and see for yourself).  Like the GOP renegades in the Lincoln Project who took on DT in 2020 put it: we're doing it because the Dems won't.  When a Dem emerges with a such a show of spine they are culled by their own party, one way or another.  Bring back Al Franken!

I do wish Garland would resign and someone who is active becomes AG.  I suspect he, too, is afraid of the  GOP, just like Comey and Mueller; I am not any sort of insider, but I suspect this cowering is part of the DOJ culture.  I suspect that the committee sees it in a similar way, and they are holding back passing info on to the DOJ because it just might get compromised.  As for having an understanding of the inner workings of the US Gov't never forget who Liz's father is.   

No one is afraid of the Democrats.  Adam Schiff?  Even his dog is not afraid of him, when I hear him speak I anticipate he's going to go into a sales pitch about life insurance.

As for the coming GOP presidential primaries expect a first-class dog fight.

Republicans are the enemy, not Cheez Whiz Ceausescu.  He's just some sideshow clown.

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1