Bar Girl Retirement Strategies

39 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I know about 200 bar girls and working girls only 2 use phone exclusively- the others use bars, clubs, dance halls, go go bars. And when they are at a bar or G Club they also use their phones top. But it's a myth that there has been a move  from bars to online work. Online  work is less fun, less sociable, less secure and less profitable.

Online =
Less work.
No boss.
Freedom daily.
Definitely more money if they move to OF instead of freelancing.
Less punishment.
Less threats.
Less diseases (if not eliminate totally).
Overall much healthier and more lucrative.

if you comparing bar girl work to an online only freelancer that isn't that good looking and lazy? 

Yeah. that's basically a jobless girl, of course they not making much.  If they HAVE to show up for work at a bar, something will drop into the lazy, ugly girls lap.

22 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It is not a myth or addition at all, it is just a different type of girls, the real good lookers and many local girls who dislike farang places / old guys, did Online way before covid even started. But yes, the reason of not having many ''farang bar'' girls is certainly not because the girls now all work online.

They likely are just lazy and working on the farm. They do not understand they need to invest by showing they are around, before more farangs return. They expect it the other way around and nowadays even demand daily salaries aside of a free room and food. 

To then try and cheat customers out of 3K baht for a short time, it soon is no longer any fun. At least in soi 6 you can still get drunk and get a girl with total 2500 baht but elsewhere it easily runs up to 6K for a night out. 

I stopped partying and to be honest, most girls are trash in those places anyway, same for most older customers.

There are a ton of ladies in the bars in Pattaya. Very few customers, though.

19 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Online =
Less work.
No boss.
Freedom daily.
Definitely more money if they move to OF instead of freelancing.
Less punishment.
Less threats.
Less diseases (if not eliminate totally).
Overall much healthier and more lucrative.

if you comparing bar girl work to an online only freelancer that isn't that good looking and lazy? 

Yeah. that's basically a jobless girl, of course they not making much.  If they HAVE to show up for work at a bar, something will drop into the lazy, ugly girls lap.

You are writing theoretically.

The reality is that dealing online with Farangs ties up the lady from midnight until morning, due to time difference.

Then her Thai boyfriend is awake, and she can’t sleep much.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Some value total freedom, no boss.  they are online.  It is an all day job though of texting and sifting thru BS.

Some can't speak or read english well, they stick to going to bars or working at bars.
Those that go to bars also don't work at all during the day.  Answering texts all day is work too.

Not all day, it’s all night.

And yes, lots of online BS. 

If they do Thai Friendly, as well, then they have to play telephone in the afternoon and evening. TF is notorious for flakey customers, guys who set up dates even though they aren’t in Pattaya or even in Thailand.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 12:55 PM, Danderman123 said:

You are writing theoretically.

The reality is that dealing online with Farangs ties up the lady from midnight until morning, due to time difference.

Then her Thai boyfriend is awake, and she can’t sleep much.

no. many pre make content and have it posted when they desire, even if they are asleep they can have it posted.  Then if smart, pay some poor dude to do that chat for them lolol.

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2022 at 12:58 PM, Danderman123 said:

Not all day, it’s all night.

And yes, lots of online BS. 

If they do Thai Friendly, as well, then they have to play telephone in the afternoon and evening. TF is notorious for flakey customers, guys who set up dates even though they aren’t in Pattaya or even in Thailand.

this I'll give you.  

but you are talking St's vs OF now.

Not talking theoretically btw.

20 hours ago, Dart12 said:

no. many pre make content and have it posted when they desire, even if they are asleep they can have it posted.  Then if smart, pay some poor dude to do that chat for them lolol.

Because online customers never videochat.... 

What is a small business you could set up for a bar girl about to retire-assuming she's intelligent, hard working and reliable?

I know salons often fail for lack of customers,  a small laundry  business would  cost about 70k, a bar would be too expensive..any ideas or suggestions?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I talk to them in a short time resort room after arranging to meet them through ThaiFriendly.

I'm not referring to TF ladies, but rather ladies who never actually meet customers, all their interaction is virtual. 

How would anyone here know how much money they make? 

Edited by Danderman123

26 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

What is a small business you could set up for a bar girl about to retire-assuming she's intelligent, hard working and reliable?

I know salons often fail for lack of customers,  a small laundry  business would  cost about 70k, a bar would be too expensive..any ideas or suggestions?

The #1 method is to discover a service or product that people need, but cannot obtain. Ladies have lots of free time to think about this in the bar between customers. 

I did that, started a company, and its now a billion dollar enterprise. 

Edited by Danderman123

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The #1 method is to discover a service or product that people need, but cannot obtain. Ladies have lots of free time to think about this in the bar between customers. 

I did that, started a company, and its now a billion dollar enterprise. 

Well thanks for the response but I was hoping for something  a bit more specific

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I'm not referring to TF ladies, but rather ladies who never actually meet customers, all their interaction is virtual. 

How would anyone here know how much money they make? 

They pay them! But that kind of sex service is rare here compared to the Philippines. Its just not the Thai  way. Its not 'sanuk'..

Edited by The Hammer2021

39 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Its often difficult for ex bar girls to move over to a legitimate business , they become accustomed to spending money as soon as they get it and then getting more money and that aren't too experienced at budgeting .

They're often also not disciplined in time keeping , like they will open their restaurant when they can be bothered and not at certain specified times   , which drives customers away .

The free spirt mentality doesn't really help in a business environment 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its often difficult for ex bar girls to move over to a legitimate business , they become accustomed to spending money as soon as they get it and then getting more money and that aren't too experienced at budgeting .

They're often also not disciplined in time keeping , like they will open their restaurant when they can be bothered and not at certain specified times   , which drives customers away .

The free spirt mentality doesn't really help in a business environment 

I did say I was referring to a hard working, responsible  person. I take your observations on board but you have limited knowledge  of the subject just the white male expat prejudices. You have no idea, zero idea of how many successful  businesses  that you deal with have ex bar girls involved.

So I am actually  looking  for practical  suggestions such as Hair salon, nail bars, coffee shop, laundry etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

This thread is unbelievable! 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I thought you were married

Since when has being married stopped a Thai guy playing away? 

If fact I've gone over to the Thai way of thinking that sex is just another form of entertainment. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 8:25 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly, my first ex wife ended up with 33% of my finalized pension.  Luckily I kept the house as she moved in with here new partner she had found after we split.  I ended up with the kids as she had no time for them due to work and starting her new relationship, and she was an American, so sometimes things are identical in all countries it appears.

generally its the person rather than 'other parameters'.

''All my partners turn out to be nutters / crazy  etc, its not that you choose nutters rather you end up turning them all into the same type of person''

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I did say I was referring to a hard working, responsible  person. I take your observations on board but you have limited knowledge  of the subject just the white male expat prejudices. You have no idea, zero idea of how many successful  businesses  that you deal with have ex bar girls involved.

So I am actually  looking  for practical  suggestions such as Hair salon, nail bars, coffee shop, laundry etc

Although I have known many bar girls who tried their hand at other businesses and they didn't tend to be successful  

• Like 2