Good Samaritan or part of the problem? Thai woman has been feeding stray dogs and cats for 10 years

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

feeding stray dogs and cats out of her own money for ten years. 

My suggestion would be to save some of that money and take a visit to one of the 11 Cat Islands in Japan where the strays roam free unbothered and are loved by locals with tourists coming to visit them. She would love it I'm sure

The 11 Cat Islands of Japan

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

They can't help the situation they're in. You don't want them to starve to death.

again ... you are missing the point ,     they are in that situation because of brainless useless Thai's who thing they are doing good deeds by feeding them.  They are not doing any good deed,  they are allowing them to breed and create more problems in soi's.

What part of common sense don't you understand  ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, billsmart said:

Plants are sentient beings. 

And, as I detail in my book, that is one of the two qualities of humans that will eventually lead to our extinction. .

Your book sounds like it's going to be a bestseller ????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, billsmart said:

I understand that, but what I dislike is that many think the solution for that is to kill them.

You use the  word "kill" like a torture. Ok  maybe  some not like street dogs so much they not care how a dog  die . Other people  care how street dog live a sad and sick life. Also  same for humans if keep alive is for money !

Think instead  if a dog is injured  or sick can be  "saved" by paying  big money to animal Doctor and put back to street and live a sad life  more.... in care of Doctor is put asleep to make so. What if  dog  not wake up  to live sad  life more? Happen to people yes? So sick  dog  has comfortable  permanent sleep instead  wake up and have pain and scare .

So bad? Or dog is save with  2or3 legs and we send to you?

Edited by RanongCat
add
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Deciding not to feed strays I guess is up to your view. Watching a starving dog in the street and thinking smugly, "At least I didn't encourage the problem" is well and good. I put out food for a vicious homeless cat that is always fighting, hissing and snapping. Over the months, it has started to mew and let me touch it. Gratitude is in the smallest of creatures. That woman is showing her pity and love for living creatures that didn't ask for their miserable lives. 

38 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Or dog is save with  2or3 legs and we send to you?

One of our 14 dogs is missing a leg, and two have back injuries. These were injuries they sustained on the mountain road near our house before we rescued them. 

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes...they are outraged if someone kills a dog, or a cat is run over with a car....yet they happily feed their dogs and cats dead animals in the pet food.  Double standards....

Not double standards just practical. The animal is dead the soul is gone. What remains is just meat which in the wild would be eaten sometimes by their own pack mates in times of hunger when there is poor hunting. Wild lionesses eat their own young when they are killed by the new pride leader.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, proton said:

Like throwing petrol on a fire, feeding strays is irresponsible and only makes the situation worse. These idiot feeders are not 'making merit' as they would claim, but are enabling more suffering. 

So a starving stray dog is not suffering?

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So a starving stray dog is not suffering?

Maybe it's karma looking at it from an Asian point of view? To feed it would in the end just prolong suffering all round, more pups to suffer, more noise, more poo and inconvenience. Best get rid of, what developed country has millions of strays scratching and limping around on streets, around shops, beaches and moo banns? just need to be done away with. If folk have no problem with millions of animals killed each year to eat why should killing off pests be a problem?

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

Unfortunately this lady is only doing a half-assed approach, it's nice she's feeding homeless/hungry animals, but she needs to use her whole %$& and help get them spayed/nueutered at the same time to put an end to suffering in that area.