Using Wise to transfer to Siam Commercial Bank

I am considering using Wise to transfer sterling from my UK bank to SCB, instead of by ATM withdrawals.

I would appreciate any information from SCB customers who have done this, such as average time taken and SCB fees, if any.

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Wise to SCB may well be instant transfers as they don't get slowed up by doing "international" transfers

Finally.........

To OP Wise to SCB lands immediately always has done always will....

Last 20 or so landed before I could open SCB app and the one that didnt took an outrageous 2 hours...Saturday Sunday makes not the slightest difference

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I Use Wise for transfers to both Bangkok Bank and SCB accounts with no trouble and minimum delays.

No contact with the banks is needed. Just set up the accounts with the Wise and let them verify with micro deposits or whatever. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I specify the reason for transfer as living cost for long term stay which makes it look like a foreign transfer in the book.

Regards your statement, " I specify the reason for transfer as living cost for long term stay......."                                                                                is this a selectable 'reason for transfer' option or do you type it in when setting up the transfer?    

• Like 1

I've done this several times in the past 6 months. I send money from Citibank US to my Wise US account, which goes pretty much instantly. From my Wise US to my SCB account takes several days but I think it takes that long because I've been sending about $25,000-$30,000 each time. I put down the reason as general expenses and they've never questioned me about any transfer but it takes some time for it to end up in my SCB account. Wise keeps me informed of the progress, though, and gives me an ETA, which they always have met.

• Like 1

I started using Wise to transfer from Australia to my SCB account about a year ago, at first it was in the account soon after, over the last few months it has dragged out to 3 or 4 days to show up.

Do all my transfers Wise to Bangkok Bank with reason"for long term stay in Thailand".

Arrives next day at 2pm. My timing would be destroyed by an instant transfer as for Immigration I need to get the magic FTT on the same day each month. Do have to allow for W/E and bank holidays. Can't speak for SCB as they refused to open an account for me despite making mortgage payments for several years into my wife's account

Edited by chilly07
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Do all my transfers Wise to Bangkok Bank with reason"for long term stay in Thailand".

Arrives next day at 2pm. My timing would be destroyed by an instant transfer as for Immigration I need to get the magic FTT on the same day each month. Do have to allow for W/E and bank holidays. Can't speak for SCB as they refused to open an account for me despite making mortgage payments for several years into my wife's account

@Chivas won't understand that.

BTW if the transfer is done before 9.30am it usually settles 2pm same day, you may know that already

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Should I answer although doing it to Bangkok Bank?

There will be no fee from SCB as the transfer is technically domestic in Thai Baht.

You get what WISE shows you before hitting the send button.

SCB, Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn are NOT hit by some strange new rule limiting transfer to 50000 Baht.

My transfer to Bangkok Bank is usually next day 2 PM.

Reason behind: I specify the reason for transfer as living cost for long term stay which makes it look like a foreign transfer in the book.

Other posters report transfer in a few seconds.

Anything in between.

mine took around 2 weeks  i was very upset with wise .. also no support to explain only run around 

i will make sure i use long term stay   in comments 

the above ammt was 400k thb ..  what was yours ..   

something different in our experiences ? 

usa to bbk bank

2 hours ago, FarangRimPing said:

I've done this several times in the past 6 months. I send money from Citibank US to my Wise US account, which goes pretty much instantly. From my Wise US to my SCB account takes several days but I think it takes that long because I've been sending about $25,000-$30,000 each time. I put down the reason as general expenses and they've never questioned me about any transfer but it takes some time for it to end up in my SCB account. Wise keeps me informed of the progress, though, and gives me an ETA, which they always have met.

just make sure you are fine with the fact thet they will wire it to you via their local Thai partner so this will not show up as an international transfer on your bank statment and you will not be able to use it for buying a condo, for instance

Edited by falang07

3 hours ago, LatPhrao said:

s this a selectable 'reason for transfer'

Before transfer is initialized I am asked for reason/purpose of transfer.

(have to select)

I should mention that I transfer from Euro.

No idea whether it looks different for GBP or USD?

Also I transfer to account in my own name and less than 100k Baht every other month.

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

There will be no fee from SCB as the transfer is technically domestic in Thai Baht.

SCB, Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn are NOT hit by some strange new rule limiting transfer to 50000 Baht.

Reason behind: I specify the reason for transfer as living cost for long term stay which makes it look like a foreign transfer in the book.

Anything in between.

I transfer from Australia using the same reason. Always same day at 1400 for the past 2 years. The only exceptions are public holidays. I transferred today and no problems.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chivas said:

Finally.........

To OP Wise to SCB lands immediately always has done always will....

Last 20 or so landed before I could open SCB app and the one that didnt took an outrageous 2 hours...Saturday Sunday makes not the slightest difference

inbound6508851585145438047.jpg

Never had s problem but I've gotten 3 emails in last month that their service is changing read through it starting July 14th,  to use their service they need to start a new account?  To be more transparent with the transaction not sure about that? 

15 hours ago, falang07 said:

just make sure you are fine with the fact thet they will wire it to you via their local Thai partner so this will not show up as an international transfer on your bank statment and you will not be able to use it for buying a condo, for instance

Not an issue for me because I'm a Permanent Resident, but that information is helpful for others.

On 7/14/2022 at 11:24 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Anything in between.

My transfer to Bangkok Bank is usually next day 2 PM.....Yep That's Why I Changed to Kasikorn Bank, I Now get the Funds in My Account WITHIN 5 Seconds....

On 7/14/2022 at 4:49 PM, chilly07 said:

Can't speak for SCB as they refused to open an account for me.....Well If I Were YOU,I'd CLOSE Your Account & Go to another bank, Try Kasikorn NO Problems IF You have to Correct Paperwork, Visa etc.etc.

32 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Can't speak for SCB as they refused to open an account for me.....Well If I Were YOU,I'd CLOSE Your Account & Go to another bank, Try Kasikorn NO Problems IF You have to Correct Paperwork, Visa etc.etc.

Now Bangkok Bank transfers settle instantly or 2pm depending if you need them to be processed as international