Rejected at CW

21 hours ago, JerseytoBKK said:

Went to CW this morning with my fiancée. I think that made all the difference. Without her there, I believe I would not have received the extension.

Glad it worked out and that they did the right thing, for a change. Also, concur 100% that had you gone solo, they would have turned you away without the extension. 

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

Acccording to various reports on here that I can recall, only CW appears to make use of the online booking system - provincial offices seem to ignore its existence entirely!

Songkhla Immigration in Hat Yai requires advance booking through the LINE app.

SmartSelect_20220720-143823_LINE.jpg

Regarding bank books, I am about to apply for my initial O retirement visa and the money is currently in my FX dollar account and I will get the book updated the day I go to CW. I also have BB receipt for the $25,000 deposit and document from the sending bank as well. In my bank book here it is noted as an IR transaction. I trust this will be acceptable to immigration?

23 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I have no advice, but Danang is great.  You should really enjoy it there.

Thanks. Since I didn't have to leave today, I'll probably go to Danang next year, maybe for Songkran.

22 hours ago, xylophone said:

For what it's worth, I thought the same about the Siam Reap!

Went to Siem Reap about 5 years ago and agree that it is great place to visit, especially for those into antiquity. Was surprised about how many archeological teams from different countries were working on uncovering additional sites.

• Like 1

Multiple off topic posts and replies have been removed,

Topic is not about topping up a BTS card or showing your passport to buy a ticket.

Here is the topic title

Rejected at CW

I think it has been common practice for Imm to ask for 12 month bank statement.

I remember 2 years ago, when I went renewing my non-o at Nonthaburi. The bank letter and a book updated was not sufficient. They asked for a 12 month bank statement signed and stamped by the bank. Once submitted, they accepted my documents but after 2 weeks, immigration called to provide the current month statement, once again signed and stamped by the bank. I did provide it and everything went fine.

My wife asked them why is this require because it does not even feature in the requirement list, the lady answered that because there's no proof of income. The top gentlemen wanted to see if I have income or cash flow before approving my extension as my account was always idle. The year after, I did prepare all related statement etc., there was no issue.

However, last year, I started work again and was able to provide a work permit together with a 12 month bank statement, it was flatly refused. We were told that the work permit was enough together with the bank letter and a bank book update.

I hope that my little experience help others in that matter.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 10:42 AM, Digitalbanana said:

I tried this with KBank at CW, showed them my color prints of 12 months statements I made from online app, and was told the bank would not sign any of that. Only a statement made by them can be signed. Makes sense (if I think like a Thai) as its an extra 200THB service fee for them and no chance of a falsified online statement from me to be checked in detail.

I have since got a dedicated savings account for Immigration so will just use bank book copies in future approved with bank letter, with no need for statements.

Makes sense (if I think like a Thai) as its an extra 200THB service fee for them - A racist comment but

Perhaps if you actually did think like a Thai you wouldn't  be in this predicament or if you used the A word and thought  like a smart foreigner you wouldn't  have such problems. Good luck. I look forward  to your next post

7 minutes ago, konaboy said:

SEEMS YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR BOOK EACH MONTH TO SHOW DEPOSITS, BUT NOT PAYMENTS? 

Not in my experience March-June this year.  Or any other period of up to about 3 months.  But this might depend on number of transactions - my account is only used for deposits and transfers to payment account so not many transactions involved.