TAT’s marketing plan 2023 to revitalise Thai tourism towards high value and sustainable growth

webfact

59 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has announced the marketing plan for 2023 that will continue this year’s goal to revitalise and transform Thai tourism

If anyone follows the TAT and  their continuous tourist numbers that are always incorrect, which shows they really do not understand what marketing is or what a true plan is. Like all the other ideas and schemes they have come up with over the years, the track record of the TAT is abysmal. 

Any government worth its salt would get rid of the idiots in charge, as their performance is consistently poor. But this is Thailand and no doubt we will continue to get sensational numbers of tourists with questionable statistics, so they can continue to pat themselves on the back, telling everyone what a great job they have done.

Marketing plan. Please:cheesy:

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

If anyone follows the TAT and  their continuous tourist numbers that are always incorrect, which shows they really do not understand what marketing is or what a true plan is. Like all the other ideas and schemes they have come up with over the years, the track record of the TAT is abysmal. 

Any government worth its salt would get rid of the idiots in charge, as their performance is consistently poor. But this is Thailand and no doubt we will continue to get sensational numbers of tourists with questionable statistics, so they can continue to pat themselves on the back, telling everyone what a great job they have done.

Marketing plan. Please:cheesy:

They keep 2 sets of books I’m sure of that. Drawer your own conclusions

• Like 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

This represents about 80% of Thailand’s tourism performance in 2019,” Mr. Yuthasak concluded.

Won't happen in 2023. One day, yes, probably. But unlikely to happen next year, and, at best, only a 50% chance for such numbers in 2024...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

7 hours ago, newnative said:

Meanwhile, all I'm seeing are Indian and Middle Eastern tourists.   So much for all the slogans and the rest of the 'marketing' nonsense.

Saw recently a couple Westerners, but I didn't need all my fingers to count those few tourists, so, no, doesn't look like 10s of millions anytime soon...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has announced the marketing plan for 2023 that will continue this year’s goal to revitalise and transform Thai tourism, while placing greater emphasis on the recovery of the tourism sector towards stronger and sustainable, more responsible, more digital and more inclusive tourism growth

More more more more daily drivel.

When I saw the headline, I thought "Shall I bother to read this drivel?"

Against my better judgement I wasted several precious minutes on it. It's not just drivel, it's rather more worthless than bovine excrement.

How can so many asinine acronyms be used in one feature?

I thought the "Less for more" was however particularly apt.

https://lotta.se/mission-statement-generator/

The legendary Dilbert Mission Statement Generator went offline in 2008 and I couldn't find a good replacement. So I made this. I hope it will cater to all your Mission Statement needs even though my contraption is nothing but a faint shadow of the original.

The Dilbert Mission Statement Generator was also known as:
* Dilbert's Automatic Mission Statement Generator
* Dilbert's Mission Statement Generator

No Animals Were Harmed in the Making of this Mission Statement.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:42 AM, webfact said:

...emphasis on the recovery of the tourism sector towards stronger and sustainable, more responsible, more digital and more inclusive tourism growth...

...driving Thailand towards experience-based and sustainable tourism...

...“TAT is committed to help revitalise and transform Thai tourism under our three strategic objectives, which are: to ‘drive demand’ for meaningful travel, to ‘shape supply’ by developing a new tourism ecosystem, and to ‘thrive for excellence’ by making the TAT a data-driven organisation. We believe this will heighten our goal for Thailand to achieve high value and sustainable tourism growth,” Mr. Yuthasak added.

...showcased alongside the kingdom’s 5F, 4M soft-power foundations; namely, Food, Film, Fashion, Festival, Fight, Music, Museum, Master, and Meta...

...promoting Thailand as a year-round destination for health and wellness aficionados, families with kids, active seniors, and remote workers / teleworkers through
co-promotions with leading brands...

...TAT has outlined ‘The Great Resumption’ under the ‘2Qs, 5News’ strategy. The ‘2Qs’ are ‘Quick Win’ to drive back the demands of tourists and ‘Quality’ to achieve more numbers of revisits and higher trip expenditure. The ‘5News’ include ‘New Segments’ with growth potential, ‘New Areas’ for source tourist markets, ‘New Partners’ in existing markets, ‘New Infrastructure’ relating to travel and tourism, and ‘New Way’ of travel experiences...

...no travel restrictions to drive the travel demand of high-disposable income groups (Millennials, Gen-X, and Silver-Age People), hyper-personalisation groups (health and wellness, sports tourism, and responsible tourism), and new segments (digital nomads and remote workers / teleworkers)....

What on earth is all this drivel, what exactly does ‘thrive for excellence’ mean, or is it supposed to 'strive for excellence'. 

10 minutes ago, Stocky said:

What on earth is all this drivel, what exactly does ‘thrive for excellence’ mean, or is it supposed to 'strive for excellence'. 

It'th called a lithp.