COVID Cases Spike After Long Holiday

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Never taken it and never caught the flu. I am very healthy though.

Nor have I, being in my early 40s but it is advised yearly for all those who are vulnerable. Much the same I expect as a yearly covid booster will be. However with the new gen vaccines being available soon then this may also become less necessary. 

• Sad 1

In the last 3 weeks I've heard from tons of people who have/had C19. In a school class, for example, out of 42 students, exactly 30 had C19, but all were well after 1 week with mild symptoms.

If the virus stays so mild, there is no reason to spread panic here and no reason for the government to issue any short-circuit rules to restrict the freedom of the population again.

7 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

For someone like me who is young and healthy, do you really believe vaccinations and indefinite boosters are the way to go? I have taken zero shots and I have never caught Covid, am I a statistical anomoly? The luckiest guy in the world? Or maybe, just maybe I am right to trust my immune system and lead a healthy lifestyle?

Can't answer that one without knowing what exposure you had to persons who were positive.

I lead a healthy lifestyle. I was also on the same Bangkok to Khon Kaen ThaiSmile we46 Dec11 2021 flight as the Thai couple recently back from Belgium who were the patients zero of the Kalasin Omicron cluster.

I was vaccinated at the time. No covid for me although I went and got PCR tested at a hospital.

12 hours ago, questionsreplies said:

It's so funny, people get super sick and the only thing they can think about is that they didn't die thanks to vax... keep doing, everyday you can see how correct you are from the start ! 5555+

I suppose it is a bit like the amulet comments the locals make....but personally I have more faith in the vaccines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why do you folks like to equate Road deaths with Covid, that belief is of no true comparison in either accidents or Covid cases and infections, but go on believing there is a correlation.

What do you mean “you folks” - oh, I see, straight into a binary discussion and polarization of differing opinions. I am actually triple vacced and take sensible but not neurotic precautions. You are pigeonholing me straight away based on one post. COVID has been a serious global health issue, I am pointing out it is not a serious global health issue anymore - it’s time to move on. 

BTS ridership is at the highest level since pre-pandemic and anyone in Bangkok can tell you that traffic levels are getting back to pre-pandemic levels also, it seems most people also feel it is time to get on with life and the global and Thai mortality statistics bear this out…

There is absolutely no correlation between road deaths and COVID and no one has ever said there is, what can be drawn is a comparison in individual/government response for an ongoing twenty year road death crisis in Thailand and people monotonously fixating over what is now an endemic disease. You can also extend the analysis and state factually  that driving is now 3x more likely to kill any of us than COVID, so I look forward to the neurotics out there analyzing the hell out of the road death data. 

It’s time to move on..

Edited by realfunster
Typo
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

In the last 3 weeks I've heard from tons of people who have/had C19. In a school class, for example, out of 42 students, exactly 30 had C19, but all were well after 1 week with mild symptoms.

If the virus stays so mild, there is no reason to spread panic here and no reason for the government to issue any short-circuit rules to restrict the freedom of the population again.

Good to hear the nationwide vaccine roll out for school kids worked well with all of them having mild symptoms and none of them experiencing serious effects

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

All vaccines regardless of age of recipient have the ability to cause problems for certain people. Side effects can and do occur with all vaccines not just Covid.  Why do you think there are Antivaccination groups. Certain religions also do not believe in any vaccinations.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

The NHS is offering coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines to children aged 5 to 11 years.

Experts have advised that parents of all children aged 5 to 11 years should be offered the chance to have their child vaccinated.

When there's doubt, there is no doubt. Children have virtually zero-risk from Covid, so why risk vaccinating them?

Also, there is still no long-term results available for the m-RNA vaccines.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, huangnon said:

When there's doubt, there is no doubt. Children have virtually zero-risk from Covid, so why risk vaccinating them?

Also, there is still no long-term results available for the m-RNA vaccines.

The link I posted says why

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The link I posted says why

From your link:

For most children COVID-19 is a mild illness that may require a few days off school but rarely leads to complications. For a very few children, the symptoms may be more serious or last longer.

The current Omicron variant appears to be particularly mild in children.

No thanks, Pfizer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

......and there are loads of farangs on this blog who will deny.......blind and deaf.

A friend told me all over again you can't fix stupidity.????

Ever thought that your friend might be trying to tell you something

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ozimoron said:

WHO: Covid-19 Triples Across Europe, Hospitalisations Double

Earlier this week, editors of two British medical journals said that at no other time in the country's National Health Service have so many parts of it been so close to collapse.

A little perspective is needed regarding that statement  .....

The U.K Nhs appears to have been either "on the brink of collapse" or "close to bursting" or "deep in crisis" some times even "on its knees" all most permanently for the last 25 years at least ! The phrases themselves whilst sounding very dramatic  are nothing more than pre-emptive excuses for a very poor service

Day in day out we hear the same stories with out exception.   Its normally accompanied by accusations of underfunding  and is also an easy  way for opposition political parties to try to score points over the current government.                                           However during covid it has also been  a very useful part of the fear campaign, what could be more "scary" than telling people that if they get sick the hospitals won't be able to help them as the situation there is "close to bursting point" (due to underfunding by previous or current administrations of course)

The truth of the matter is that the NHS is one of the worst managed organisations on the planet, government after government have thrown billions and billions of pounds at the NHS without ever checking how the money has been spent, Nurses are paid a pittance , junior doctors are forced to work excessive hours, cleaning services have been subcontracted to outside contracting agencies employing cheap foreign labour with insufficient supervision, It is a national disgrace.

But the fact of the matter is it was never overwhelmed , proven by the fact that the so called "nightingale" emergency field hospitals were never used , not that they could have been as there was no staff available to work there !

Its a classic case of crying wolf, over and over again, and to claim that the NHS is under more strain than it was at the height of the "pandemic" is nothing other than a scaremongering insult to peoples intelligence

• Confused 2

Several posts have been removed for reasons including being off-topic trolling, commenting on moderation, posting a document without a weblink to the original source, and posts making claims that were unsubstantiated/unsourced or based on outdated information.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Since my Pfizer and Moderna vaccinations I have developed some severe side effects....

.... I have developed an overwhelming intolerance for ill-informed fools spreading misinformation and paranoia while quoting from within their own echo-chamber rhetoric

Can you explain your post to me?  The way i read it is :  you had those vaccinations and" have developed some severe side effects"  .     Am i wrong in interpreting that as meaning you believe the side effects are FROM the vaccinations ?      

Oddly enough,  two very adament pro vaxxers gave you a "thanks"  for that post .  That is very confusing IF ,  as i read it.   you are blaming ( the word that comes to my mind)  the vaccinations.    

if i gave a "thanks"..... it would be for informing us of your bad experience .    Your second paragraph could use a bit more explanation for me to understand better .

hope you are recovering       rumak

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rumak said:

Can you explain your post to me?  The way i read it is :  you had those vaccinations and" have developed some severe side effects"  .     Am i wrong in interpreting that as meaning you believe the side effects are FROM the vaccinations ?      

Oddly enough,  two very adament pro vaxxers gave you a "thanks"  for that post .  That is very confusing IF ,  as i read it.   you are blaming ( the word that comes to my mind)  the vaccinations.    

if i gave a "thanks"..... it would be for informing us of your bad experience .    Your second paragraph could use a bit more explanation for me to understand better .

hope you are recovering       rumak

You sure do like to twist words people post, but then you new exactly what he meant and your trolling again....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You sure do like to twist words people post, but then you new exactly what he meant and your trolling again....

i think you are the one who is wrong about what he meant.    I have asked him,  so why not wait for an answer .   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Since my Pfizer and Moderna vaccinations I have developed some severe side effects....

.... I have developed an overwhelming intolerance for ill-informed fools spreading misinformation and paranoia while quoting from within their own echo-chamber rhetoric

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

i think you are the one who is wrong about what he meant.    I have asked him,  so why not wait for an answer .   

His side effects that he developed are ' I have developed an overwhelming intolerance for ill-informed fools spreading misinformation and paranoia while quoting from within their own echo-chamber rhetoric"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1