Biden tests positive for COVID-19

Scott

Biden tests positive for COVID-19

Joe Biden - Age, Politics & Family - Biography

File photo

In a statement, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said that Biden, 79, is experiencing “very mild symptoms” and has begun taking Paxlovid, an antiviral therapy.

He will continue to work remotely from his residence at the White House, where he is expected to self-isolate for at least five days per current guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Biden has been in contact with members of the White House staff by phone and will participate in his planned meetings at "via phone and Zoom" from the residence.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-tests-positive-for-covid-19-143637901.html

YahooNews.jpg

9 hours ago, pegman said:

Be careful of what you wish for. Ms Harris is far more competent than depicted by the American corporate media smear job that's been taking place. 

Reallly? She is the best insurance policy that Joe has ever bought.  She provides a protective level similar to that of Dan Quayle to Bush the Senior. 

If you have any signs of her competence since being elected as VP, I would love to see them. 

As for the Pres, it seems like he has a mild case and hope he makes a speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Reallly? She is the best insurance policy that Joe has ever bought.  She provides a protective level similar to that of Dan Quayle to Bush the Senior. 

If you have any signs of her competence since being elected as VP, I would love to see them. 

As for the Pres, it seems like he has a mild case and hope he makes a speedy recovery. 

Really? Remember what V.P. John Nance Garner said about the office: "not worth a bucket of warm <deleted>". The position has never been about much.  Other than the odd exception like the evil Chaney who had a  doofus in the oval office. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Missed out a word........."serious" before covid. Or of course the alternative could be a president who recommends Ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine and UV light to combat the virus, but no-one would be that stupid would they?

No, I didn't miss nothing, Biden said it just as documented. Ref-WH_comments

But as dumb as he is you can never be sure if it's one of his trademark gaffes or the cognitive imbalance. At any rate I have attached a video for you and trust you can be satisfied now that you have the accurate words of Biden, and not something I "missed". 

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-positive-covid-vaccine-infections-claim-effective-1727075

Edited by g man
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, g man said:

Nothing,,,,-- Bidens gaffes, lies, etc are not NOTHING. But your the one that is playing the nothing game, he said essentially "no covid if you're vaccinated". it's ludicrous the leader of the free world would lie like that to 335M Americans! He should have walked that statement back IMMEDIATELY.

Do you believe he meant those words? Did Biden really believe that people wouldn't get covid if they were vaccinated. He does have a lifelong speech impediment and may not even have realised he made the gaffe. He was most likely also speaking from a teleprompter and possible misread it. What do you think are the chances that the teleprompter "lied"?

All you have done is exposed a simple gaffe here. You'd have to be incredible gullible to believe that Biden deliberately lied about the vaccine. If he did, then he was certainly misinformed by somebody and that's not likely.

Trump faux pas about bleach and ultra violet light were far more egregious than this. People have died as a result of taking Hydroxychloroquine.

As vaccines emerge, there is the further threat that anti-vaccine campaigners will use the platform provided by social media to persuade people not to protect themselves.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53755067

• Like 1

11 hours ago, g man said:

Biden: "This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated"

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-09-24-21/h_0f8fab1a204b09d660a23aa3c1e32954

Biden: “You’re not going to — you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations”
Ref-biden-briefing room remarks
“But again, one last thing.  I — we don’t talk enough to you about this, I don’t think.  One last thing that’s really important is: We’re not in a position where we think that any virus — including the Delta virus, which is much more transmissible and more deadly in terms of non — unvaccinated people — the vi- — the various shots that people are getting now cover that.  They’re — you’re okay.  You’re not going to — you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.”

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-2021-video-saying-vaccinations-prevent-covid-resurfaces-1726900

And since then, Biden has said this:

"If you are vaccinated and boosted, you may get COVID but you are highly protected against severe illness. "

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/01/04/remarks-by-president-biden-before-meeting-on-covid-19/

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, g man said:

No, I didn't miss nothing, Biden said it just as documented. Ref-WH_comments

But as dumb as he is you can never be sure if it's one of his trademark gaffes or the cognitive imbalance. At any rate I have attached a video for you and trust you can be satisfied now that you have the accurate words of Biden, and not something I "missed". 

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-positive-covid-vaccine-infections-claim-effective-1727075

I wasn't suggesting that you missed anything, just pointing out that once the word "serious" was added before the word "Covid", then that would have been factual.

He is prone to the occasional verbal gaffe, but IMO because of age rather than purposely lying or being dumb, as per his predecessor.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Actually, Biden has been making gaffes for pretty much his entire career. If he stops making gaffes, that would be cause for concern.

So biden recently said he has cancer. Was that a gaffe as well?

• Like 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

So biden recently said he has cancer. Was that a gaffe as well?

It was mentioned in a follow up article that he had skin cancer.......not serious as a rule and very commonplace, in sunny climes.

25 minutes ago, xylophone said:

It was mentioned in a follow up article that he had skin cancer.......not serious as a rule and very commonplace, in sunny climes.

I'm assuming you heard him speak. Yes, many things biden says needs to be cleaned up by his people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2