Question about 30 day extension via border run

3 minutes ago, csaba81 said:

So i guess it's best to leave border run as late as possible to get the maximum number of days from your previous entry.

Yes.

Be aware they have just extended issue of covid extensions till Aug 24

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

Be aware they have just extended issue of covid extensions till Aug 24

Sorry to bug you again, but is the covid extention available to virtually anyone, even if you don't have a genuine excuse? I'm an Australian passport holder and officially there is no restriction.

Obviously for me it would be much easier to go to immigration in Chiang Mai for a covid extention than traveling all the way to Udon..

1 minute ago, csaba81 said:

Sorry to bug you again, but is the covid extention available to virtually anyone, even if you don't have a genuine excuse? I'm an Australian passport holder and officially there is no restriction.

Obviously for me it would be much easier to go to immigration in Chiang Mai for a covid extention than traveling all the way to Udon..

If you entered on either visa exempt or tourist visa you can obtain covid extension.

When does your current permission of stay expire

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you entered on either visa exempt or tourist visa you can obtain covid extension.

When does your current permission of stay expire

I'm currently on a 30-day extension (obtained from Chiang Mai immigration) to my 60 day tourist visa. The extension expires 29/7.

24 minutes ago, csaba81 said:

I'm currently on a 30-day extension (obtained from Chiang Mai immigration) to my 60 day tourist visa. The extension expires 29/7.

Perfect.

You can obtain covid extension prior to 29/7.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, csaba81 said:

It is my understanding that getting the 60 day Covid extension is not automatic, but at the discretion of the Immigration Officer -- of course, worth the try, since if it is not granted, you can still do the border run - so you may not want to wait to the last minute to apply for a Covid extension.    Also, remember that you can enter Visa Exempt at a land border on twice during a year.

47 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

It is my understanding that getting the 60 day Covid extension is not automatic, but at the discretion of the Immigration Officer

It's not at the discretion of the immigration officer.

That's just a game some offices/officers are playing.

If dealing with one of those offices an agent can obtain CE at same office for approx 5k.

Yes for visa exempt entries via land borders it's limit is 2 per calendar year.

Edited by DrJack54

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's not at the discretion of the immigration officer.

Although, in my opinion, against the intent of those who decided Covid extensions should continue, all extensions are technically at the discretion of the immigration officer. That is why, although it is an abuse of their discretion, there is no redress if an officer wants to deny you (and his superior allows or encourages it).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Although, in my opinion, against the intent of those who decided Covid extensions should continue, all extensions are technically at the discretion of the immigration officer. That is why, although it is an abuse of their discretion, there is no redress if an officer wants to deny you (and his superior allows or encourages it).

Very repetitive statements.

Not interested. 

• Like 1