How to buy SIM Card? Which network is good value for the Internet?

2 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Hey Bruno

What is the current best sim for internet occasional usage away from home?

My one expires on the 4th.

The one I had was perfect for my usage, I don't download anything on my phone or watch movies etc

Anyone else know of current offers? I looked at recent thread but everyone seems to be bickering about unlimited and speed tests !

Take note that there is 10% off until the end of the month:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/truemove-h-15mbps-unlimited-1-60-wpnmobile-i311266964-s554190454.html

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2023 at 2:48 PM, NextG said:

If you are one of those people who actually uses their phone to call without using applications, then the best value is the DTAC Infinity SIM with unlimited free calls to any network and unlimited data @ 6Mbps: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-dtac-infinity-6mbps-a-lot-i2419857664-s17551840861.html 1440 baht

What is the 6mbps mean please?

Unfortunately I missed the deadline for the Thor sim with the discount.

I do have internet at home so it's only to use to browse FB, use Line etc when I am away from the house. I don't download or watch movies etc 

10 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I do have internet at home so it's only to use to browse FB, use Line etc when I am away from the house. I don't download or watch movies etc 

6 Mbps should be more than enough, from your description. As long as you have a decent signal from the network in your area. 
If DTAC is a no-go where you live, Truemove-H has a version, though without unlimited any network calls(just 60 minutes per month) https://www.lazada.co.th/products/6mbps-1-wpn-mobile-i2230073051-s7463392344.html

25 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Run a speed test to see what you are getting now with Truemove H; https://testmy.net/

You can also buy full speed SIM packs, but they have a limited amount of data; around 2GB per day, for around 1400 baht. Both DTAC and Truemove H with unlimited any network calls. 
Same shop has them all. 

At the moment, none of the big providers are doing pay as you go promotions on sims.

TrueMove H are doing a limited time postpaid promotion atm.

250 thb / Month - 15mbps unlimited, with free calls to any mobile network - limit of 15 minutes per call.

The only caveat being you must sign up for 1 Year at a time, to avoid penalties.

5 hours ago, Pla Simon said:

At the moment, none of the big providers are doing pay as you go promotions on sims.

TrueMove H are doing a limited time postpaid promotion atm.

250 thb / Month - 15mbps unlimited, with free calls to any mobile network - limit of 15 minutes per call.

The only caveat being you must sign up for 1 Year at a time, to avoid penalties.

Of course what you write it not true. They are all doing promos. If you meant for unlimited data, then perhaps you should make that clear. Unlimited data is still available prepaid. 

• 11 months later...

One year on and my True data sim is about to expire.

What is the best latest deal anyone?

I'm currently using True but open to any networks. I know the prices have risen a lot in the last year since I bought my last one.

I have 2 sims , one I use for calls etc so keep the same number, the data one I do not need to keep the number so a new sim from Lazada/ shopee etc with a new number is OK.

3 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

One year on and my True data sim is about to expire.

What is the best latest deal anyone?

I'm currently using True but open to any networks. I know the prices have risen a lot in the last year since I bought my last one.

I have 2 sims , one I use for calls etc so keep the same number, the data one I do not need to keep the number so a new sim from Lazada/ shopee etc with a new number is OK.

Cheapest Unlimited is NT Angel: https://www.alottechs.com/product/sim-angel Unlimited up to 15Mbps for 1490. But it remains untested here.

DTAC up to 6 Mbps Unlimited with unlimited calls; 2190

Truemove H THOR up to 15Mbps Unlimited as you might have now, is around 2600.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NowNow said:

Cheapest Unlimited is NT Angel: https://www.alottechs.com/product/sim-angel Unlimited up to 15Mbps for 1490. But it remains untested here.

Yes, Thor is what I have now, I think I paid around 1600 Baht but I have read elsewhere that the prices have increased substantially.

Just now, YorkshireTyke said:

Yes, Thor is what I have now, I think I paid around 1600 Baht but I have read elsewhere that the prices have increased substantially.

1000 baht more for THOR, which is why I included alternatives.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, arick said:

My AIS that I've had for 11 years 900 bat a month unlimited data high speed and 500 minutes free talk

And my AIS costs 1,800bht a year for nearly the same thing.

(100GB data, unlimited talk time limited to 30 minute chunks)

• Thanks 2

On 7/31/2024 at 12:33 PM, NowNow said:

I just checked your link and it also shows this plan ;

SIM DTAC 20mbps x100 Annual Internet Play No Speed Reduction Cheap (alottechs.com)

And it has the Thor at 1999

Annual SIM Net THOR 15Mbps 100GB Free Calls to All Networks (alottechs.com)

Edited by YorkshireTyke
new link

On 7/23/2022 at 8:43 PM, FrederikKitten said:

What about driving in car? Could it be used for Google maps or watching a youtube?

Yes, whilst driving you could watch one of those YouTube car crash videos... then contribute to one of those YouTube car crash videos.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

And my AIS costs 1,800bht a year for nearly the same thing.

(100GB data, unlimited talk time limited to 30 minute chunks)

Unlimited calls of up to 30 minutes duration to other AIS numbers.... Perhaps 60 minutes per month for Any Network calls.

12 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Neither Unlimited... so obviously not the same product.

ok, but I think 100 GB will do for my useage, it's not for home use, I have True home internet, and I don't download or watch movies on my phone etc

7 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

ok, but I think 100 GB will do for my useage, it's not for home use, I have True home internet, and I don't download or watch movies on my phone etc

If it suits, then why not? Once you eliminate Unlimited from the equation, there's a lot more choice. There's a 20Mbps option for 100 baht more. DTAC 15Mbps offering is 1690...

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Personally, I would wait to see if a renewal option is offered or at least push for one on the last days by suggesting a move to NT or AIS 😊

• Thumbs Up 2

I buy our sim cards almost from melone thai shop on Lazada. I used always the True Fast70 (1 year) sim card. But the price gone up around 500 THB yearly. So I decided last time to try the NT Thunder but NOT again. At most slowy, bad or no connection, ... !!!

Next time it will be a True Sim again.

Melone Thai Shop: https://s.lazada.co.th/s.p1nXY?cc

2 hours ago, snowgard said:

I buy our sim cards almost from melone thai shop on Lazada. I used always the True Fast70 (1 year) sim card. But the price gone up around 500 THB yearly. So I decided last time to try the NT Thunder but NOT again. At most slowy, bad or no connection, ... !!!

Next time it will be a True Sim again.

Melone Thai Shop: https://s.lazada.co.th/s.p1nXY?cc

That was a schoolboy error on your part. It has been oft repeated that the NT Wireless Thunder package is NOT a mobile service. Think of it as a fixed WiFi hotspot. You either get good reception or you don't. For those that do, it's great. But it's not for moving around, as it only works on Band 40. 

17 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Waaaayyyyy too expensive, you need to change your plan !

Yes I should change my plan down down a bit and have no data no free minutes. Imagine if you had to go back to Europe or back to Canada how much you would be paying a month. Imagine the crappy phone you would have.