How to buy SIM Card? Which network is good value for the Internet?

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

And my AIS costs 1,800bht a year for nearly the same thing.

(100GB data, unlimited talk time limited to 30 minute chunks)

Yes every time I go to look at new phones they smile and offer me a new plan knowing that I will never switch over from this old plan. This plan I got in 2013. And your AIS points even get you free donuts!

25 minutes ago, arick said:

Yes I should change my plan down down a bit and have no data no free minutes. Imagine if you had to go back to Europe or back to Canada how much you would be paying a month. Imagine the crappy phone you would have.

A bit extreme 😊 Of course now is not a good time to change if you want unlimited data, but along the way good packages have been on offer. For example, one of my SIM is for unlimited 10Mbps and unlimited calls of up to 15 minute duration. Just 200 baht per month.

4 hours ago, Surasak said:

I bought one of these about six months ago. How can you tell what credit is remaining? A mystery to me. 

*121*3# and then the Dial key

On 8/1/2024 at 1:44 PM, BritManToo said:

And my AIS costs 1,800bht a year for nearly the same thing.

(100GB data, unlimited talk time limited to 30 minute chunks)

what's the name of your package? do you know if they still have it, thks

20 hours ago, NowNow said:

That was a schoolboy error on your part. It has been oft repeated that the NT Wireless Thunder package is NOT a mobile service. Think of it as a fixed WiFi hotspot. You either get good reception or you don't. For those that do, it's great. But it's not for moving around, as it only works on Band 40. 

I checked the reach of the NT Thunder before I bought it and everywhere where I'm going it was usable. But if there are a lot of people I can't even sent a line message or look youtube. In my home it works fast but I have a 1GB 3BB Line which I  prefer. 2 days ago I was at a Sattahip beach where it worked great before. This time I not got a connection.
I learned now it's sometimes better to pay the double and get a better service. 🙂

16 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

what's the name of your package? do you know if they still have it, thks

Officially no longer in existence for new customers. New version is limited to 50GB with no calls included.

20 hours ago, NowNow said:

A bit extreme 😊 Of course now is not a good time to change if you want unlimited data, but along the way good packages have been on offer. For example, one of my SIM is for unlimited 10Mbps and unlimited calls of up to 15 minute duration. Just 200 baht per month.

No thanks 

2 hours ago, arick said:

No thanks 

It's not available to you, but just an example. Of course it's better to pay 900 baht for 500 minutes of calls 😊 as opposed to 200 baht for unlimited. Then there was the Unlimited 30 Mbps for 235 baht., 265 baht with unlimited calls. Entirely your prerogative to keep paying 900 baht. Just letting you that better offers have come and gone. 

23 minutes ago, ElwoodP said:

This is about the best at the moment.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.pdLp4

1 year Dtac, 100gb/month, 60min free calls/month, 1800bht.

One more; There is also the 6 month NT Mobile powered Max Speed SIM for 849 baht (This is not the often mis-labelled NT Wireless Thunder SIM) 

No speed cap, 500 any network minutes per month and 50 SMS. LTE coverage on Band 1, 5 & 40.

https://www.wpnmobile.com/product/52816-67914/infinity-ซิมเทพ-6-เดือน-เน็ตไม่อั้น-max-speed-โทรฟรีทุกค่าย-3000-นาที-ออกใบกำกับภาษีได้

Of course up to the prospective purchaser to do their research as to whether it's suitable to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

The free calls option isn't really an issue/selling point for me and probably most people as most friends/contacts use Line, Whatsapp or Messenger nowadays.

Useful for me, as sometimes you do need to make calls, such as to Lazada/Shopee customer service, airlines etc. Not something you would need all the time, but better to have than not.

But since the thread title asks about Internet, the calls can be considered a free bonus.

4 hours ago, NowNow said:

It's not available to you, but just an example. Of course it's better to pay 900 baht for 500 minutes of calls 😊 as opposed to 200 baht for unlimited. Then there was the Unlimited 30 Mbps for 235 baht., 265 baht with unlimited calls. Entirely your prerogative to keep paying 900 baht. Just letting you that better offers have come and gone. 

No such thing it's 200 bat for unlimited data plus calls You're talking crap send us to send us a link or a picture of ofit.

31 minutes ago, arick said:

No such thing it's 200 bat for unlimited data plus calls You're talking crap send us to send us a link or a picture of ofit.

Man enough to apologise?

thumbnail_IMG_9010.jpg.2311d2a9c5d88a08f593923f14ca0d25.jpg

50 minutes ago, arick said:

You've been here before:

I assume you are wanting to use Wi-Fi when you are out and about. If only at home or connecting with another Wi-Fi connected person you dont need a SIM. If you use it for connections to people or services that are not Wi-Fi then yes you do. Assuming you need a package just remember one thing, the maximum speeds they quote you will n all probability never ever get. They specify the speed of the network but when others are connected to it the speed is shared amongst all users.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/3/2024 at 1:55 AM, NowNow said:

One more; There is also the 6 month NT Mobile powered Max Speed SIM for 849 baht (This is not the often mis-labelled NT Wireless Thunder SIM) 

No speed cap, 500 any network minutes per month and 50 SMS. LTE coverage on Band 1, 5 & 40.

https://www.wpnmobile.com/product/52816-67914/infinity-ซิมเทพ-6-เดือน-เน็ตไม่อั้น-max-speed-โทรฟรีทุกค่าย-3000-นาที-ออกใบกำกับภาษีได้

Of course up to the prospective purchaser to do their research as to whether it's suitable to them.

I came across what I think is the same one when browsing earlier on, albeit 30 baht more expensive than in your link.  The way I read it (or Google reads it for me) is 3,000 minutes any network.

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i5229476935-s22203522191.html

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

I assume you are wanting to use Wi-Fi when you are out and about. If only at home or connecting with another Wi-Fi connected person you dont need a SIM. If you use it for connections to people or services that are not Wi-Fi then yes you do. Assuming you need a package just remember one thing, the maximum speeds they quote you will n all probability never ever get. They specify the speed of the network but when others are connected to it the speed is shared amongst all users.

What a load of off-topic nonsense!

Do you even understand the difference between WiFi and mobile Internet? I don't understand why you feel the need to interject in these threads, when it's obvious that you don't understand anything at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, treetops said:

I came across what I think is the same one when browsing earlier on, albeit 30 baht more expensive than in your link.  The way I read it (or Google reads it for me) is 3,000 minutes any network.

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i5229476935-s22203522191.html

Same product, just more expensive via Lazada: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/6-maxspeed-3000-21002300850-wpn-mall-i5229438934-s22203298688.html

3,000 minutes over six months is 500 minutes per month.