Man extradited from Thailand to Australia over murder

webfact

image.jpeg

A 33-year-old man has been extradited from Thailand over the 2014 murder of Bradley Dillon in Sydney. (PR HANDOUT IMAGE PHOTO)

A man has been extradited from Thailand back to Australia over the murder of a Sydney father eight years ago.

Bradley Dillon, 25, was found shot in the inner city suburb of Leichhardt on the evening of August 11, 2014.

NSW Police found the Abbotsford man collapsed on a road and despite attempts by paramedics to revive him he died at the scene. 

In 2014, a then 23-year-old man was charged over his murder and has since been sentenced. Now, police have extradited a man, 33, from Thailand over the murder.

Full story: https://www.katherinetimes.com.au/story/7831296/man-extradited-from-thailand-over-murder/?cs=9397

image.jpeg

-- © Copyright Katherine Times 2022-07-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

A man has been extradited from Thailand back to Australia over the murder

The man will appear at Parramatta Bail Court on Saturday

Wow, watch out for those Aussies, bad eggs. ????

I've been to Parramatta court and Fairfield, glad those days are over. 

All driving offenses 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

12 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

Messy article?
In 2014, a then 23-year-old man was charged over his murder and has since been sentenced. 
And now they extradited another one involved?
What was is role than, and why was he locked up in Thailand already?

Yeah I'm guessing it was a 2 man job. 

Number 1 got caught immediately.

Number 2 fled to Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A man has been extradited from Thailand back to Australia over the murder of a Sydney father eight years ago.

Why is it necessary to describe the murdered man as a "Sydney father"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grain said:

Sells papers. Why no name for the accused?

33 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

He was a father from Sydney?

Yes I get that but it just seems a strange choice of words. A Sydney man was murdered, I fail to see whether he was a father or not has anything to do with it. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Smithson said:

Sells papers. 

Sells papers?  The headline is "Man extradited from Thailand over murder".    It is mentioned that he was a father only in the text of the article.

But yeah typical sensationalism from the Katherine Times, a rural weekly paper.  Adding the word "father" into the text of a non-lead story just to generated more sales!!  They should be ashamed!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Wow, watch out for those Aussies, bad eggs. ????

I've been to Parramatta court and Fairfield, glad those days are over. 

All driving offenses 

I fled the Bankstown area for the safety of Thailand. too many of this type roaming around free to murder whomever they feel like. never going back to that sh!thole, not for a million bucks. 

I do miss the charcoal chicken but. oh yeah, and the doner kebabs ????

4 hours ago, grain said:

to distinguish him from a drug dealing bikie?

3 hours ago, Smithson said:

Sells papers. Why no name for the accused?

It was in all the major papers. Tony Bagnato. He was already in bwang kang, on death row for the torture and murder for a HA in Pattaya and potentially involved in a major ice bust a few years back with a couple of other Aussies he's got plenty of form.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/sydney-kickboxer-extradited-from-thailand-charged-with-alleged-leichardt-murder-20220723-p5b3yi.html

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2018/12/07/australian-pattaya-criminal-drugs-antonio-bagnato-death-sentence-rearrested-bangkwang-prison/

Edited by starky
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I fled the Bankstown area for the safety of Thailand. too many of this type roaming around free to murder whomever they feel like. never going back to that sh!thole, not for a million bucks. 

I do miss the charcoal chicken but. oh yeah, and the doner kebabs ????

I was born in Sydney. 

Bloody best city on the planet back in the day. 

Sadly, it's turned into a sh1thole over the recent decades. 

I remember going to high school, we had the Villawood detention centre close to our school, lots Vietnamese boat people at our school. The Vietnamese assimilated, they did some strange things but good people. We also had the Lebanese arrive, Christians, assimulated, good people. 

Over the last couple of decades these boat people won't assimilate, these people from the middle east and their barbarric religion, horrible people have turned Sydney into a horrible, dangerous place. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I was born in Sydney. 

Bloody best city on the planet back in the day. 

Sadly, it's turned into a sh1thole over the recent decades. 

I remember going to high school, we had the Villawood detention centre close to our school, lots Vietnamese boat people at our school. The Vietnamese assimilated, they did some strange things but good people. We also had the Lebanese arrive, Christians, assimulated, good people. 

Over the last couple of decades these boat people won't assimilate, these people from the middle east and their barbarric religion, horrible people have turned Sydney into a horrible, dangerous place. 

I know what you mean. I had to grow a long beard to fit in ????????????

• Haha 2

Another Leb bikie who thought he was smarter than the law lol enjoy the next 20yrs.

Was reported on Oz news tonight he knocked some other oz biker gangster  over there and was convicted of murder, but 2yr later miraculously downgraded to assault lol some cops in receipt of a serious brown paper bag there.

story rings a bell now

Edited by UbonEagle

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Empathy extraction.  Heinousness emphasis. Standard journalistic phraseology. Take your pick.  Why does it bother you so much?

Doesn't bother me at all, I'm just puzzled, when I first read it was confusing, I thought the guy had murdered his father. Then when I read more saw that wasn't the case. So just puzzled why they say he was a father. I'd be equally puzzled if they said "A Sydney man who wasn't a father was murdered." ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, starky said:

It was in all the major papers. Tony Bagnato. He was already in bwang kang, on death row for the torture and murder for a HA in Pattaya and potentially involved in a major ice bust a few years back with a couple of other Aussies he's got plenty of form.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/sydney-kickboxer-extradited-from-thailand-charged-with-alleged-leichardt-murder-20220723-p5b3yi.html

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2018/12/07/australian-pattaya-criminal-drugs-antonio-bagnato-death-sentence-rearrested-bangkwang-prison/

Thanks, that was my guess.

11 hours ago, grain said:

Because he wasn't from Brisbane.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, grain said:

just puzzled why they say he was a father. I'd be equally puzzled if they said "A Sydney man who wasn't a father was murdered."

"just puzzled why they say he was a father".

Drawing empathy, emphasising the heinousness of the crime leaving children without their father.  It's obvious why.

"I'd be equally puzzled if they said "A Sydney man who wasn't a father..."

Well, obviously.  His not being a father would be completely irrelevant to the depiction of the crime if that had been the situation.

On 7/23/2022 at 10:41 AM, grain said:

So, you are from Sidney!?????????????

22 hours ago, Iamfalang said:
xen·o·pho·bi·a
/ˌzenəˈfōbēə,ˌzēnəˈfōbēə/

noun

1. dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.
    "the resurgence of racism and xenophobia"

I'm an Aussie.

Let me give you some advice, don't take comments by members on AN so seriously.

It was a joke.

Geeze, I'm lost for words. 

So many confused and sad reactions from my initial comment. 

Guys loosen up. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST