Indian tourist’s gold necklace worth 30,000 baht allegedly stolen by transgender individual in Pattaya

webfact

2 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Current price of gold per gram is $55.45 (2033Bt) so 80g is worth 162668Bt in scrap value alone.

Even if it was just 9ct gold, it works out at 61000Bt. Maybe it just looked a bit like gold....

Perhaps just a fake claim and the Indian didn't actually consider the veracity of what he was claiming to have had stolen when he reported it to the police.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozz1 said:

This is getting beyond a joke surely the insurance companies are going to wake up soon and why would you wear a such an expensive necklace around after all the publicity crazy

I am not yet convinced it is all an insurance scam, having seen a few Indians indeed wearing what appeared to be expensive gold chains walking about here. Although they are an internet savvy lot, and you would think the word would be out that it is not a good idea. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozz1 said:

This is getting beyond a joke surely the insurance companies are going to wake up soon and why would you wear a such an expensive necklace around after all the publicity crazy

Do you really think he had it insured? 

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

Tourism promotion in Pattaya

Yes more stories like this will surely help the govt achieve their goal of 10,000,000 tourists this year.

I can see the headlines in Bangalor, go visit amazing Thailand and experience getting your gold snatched on the pristine beach by a ladyboy!

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

We need daily web based readerboards showing the number of Indian tourists having their gold chains being stolen.

Capt. Sombat said ''it was the tenth time..in the Pattaya area'' i'm guessing this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ozz1 said:

I really doubt that this would be a case for an insurance.