CNN Exclusive: Biden administration offers convicted Russian arms dealer in exchange for Griner, Whelan

Scott

Photos: Meet The Wife Of WNBA Star Brittney Griner - The Spun: What's  Trending In The Sports World Today

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't this tell Russia they can pretty much scoop up any American and get a very lop-sided trade?    Or does it tell Americans , that have klout, to do as they please in Foreign countries?

Edited by IAMHERE

I think the Americans are selling themselves short.

In this day and age when the west and east are running around the world drumming up support to their causes.

Arms dealers would be at the top of the employment pile.

24 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Facts (alternates?) are not a strong point for some.

Apart from not knowing what a recession is, you don't seem to know the difference between an arms dealer and a drug dealer/user.

The irony with the Bout case is that the US convicted him on charges related to conspiracy to provide war weapons to a neighboring country that could be used to kill Americans in that country. (DEA agents).

He's been in prison for ten years, you would think the US would be happen to be rid of him to free their own.

The basketball player should feel fortunate she is so tall. If she had to rely on her brains to make a living she would come up well short.  

Arms dealers live on drugs that's how they get caught. Why all the concern over her when hundreds of Americans are still held in Afghanistan. I know your not but a lot of Dems. are.

• Like 1

Viktor Bout may be a very bad man, at least according to Hollywood & the DEA. That does not alter the fact that he was entrapped by foreign agents on our sovereign soil. He was not freed despite Thai judicial refusal of extradition.

An American plane was on full-time standby on the tarmac at Don Muang waiting to take this "Lord of War" (oooooh!) to a US gulag. As expected, Bout got 35 years despite the US judge finding "discrepancies" & "inconsistencies" in the case against him and a "measure of shock" at the urgency of his rendition.

So...who are the real lords of war? American arms dealers, all legal & all, just can take the heat of competition from a freewheeling entrepreneur. It's a dirty business to facilitate killing people, no matter who does it.

We want an equal playing field, some American politicians & CEOs should get to be cellies with Viktor.

Connivance & trickery isn't democracy. The US gave Thailand no Vaseline for doing its dirty work.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Arms dealers live on drugs that's how they get caught. Why all the concern over her when hundreds of Americans are still held in Afghanistan. I know your not but a lot of Dems. are.

It's spelt them.

• Confused 1

Trouble is Putin is recreating a version, so beloved by him, of the USSR in todays Russia.

We're all old enough, well most of us, to have lived through the cold war where having 'something to trade' was the name of the game and prisoner swaps were common.

I feel like we're living in a John le Carré novel right now.

I think we all thought after the fall of communism, Russia would end up looking more like us. Unfortunately after a brief flirtation I think it's increasingly looking like the old USSR

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Trouble is Putin is recreating a version, so beloved by him, of the USSR in todays Russia.

We're all old enough, well most of us, to have lived through the cold war where having 'something to trade' was the name of the game and prisoner swaps were common.

I feel like we're living in a John le Carré novel right now.

I think we all thought after the fall of communism, Russia would end up looking more like us. Unfortunately after a brief flirtation I think it's increasingly looking like the old USSR

That's the crux of the problem... after the fall of their empire they did indeed  ",,,end up looking more like us."

On 7/28/2022 at 8:45 AM, Tug said:

It’s called inflation it’s a concern for all humans on the planet as it’s affecting all countries on our little world mostly brought on by mr Putin’s war of conquest in Ukraine at least we have a competent person in charge who is smart enough to get out of the way of the experts to let them get a handle on it hope that helps……….

Sarcasm is strong in this one.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 9:05 AM, farmerjo said:

I think the Americans are selling themselves short.

In this day and age when the west and east are running around the world drumming up support to their causes.

Arms dealers would be at the top of the employment pile.

Well, given what the Ukraine war has revealed about the quality of Russian weaponry, maybe a dealer who trades in Russian weaponry isn't such a hot commodity.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, given what the Ukraine war has revealed about the quality of Russian weaponry, maybe a dealer who trades in Russian weaponry isn't such a hot commodity.

I think you're right.

Maybe with hindsight we should never have been afraid of the Russian Bear, with perhaps the exception of the nukes!

9 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I think you're right.

Maybe with hindsight we should never have been afraid of the Russian Bear, with perhaps the exception of the nukes!

Or you've been sucked into believing propaganda to make you feel good.

There was never any doubts placed on Russian arms in Afghanistan?