Thai party leader MP in a Benz says he didn't flee the scene after 77 year old grandmother is killed

webfact

6 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I cannot even believe that an excuse like this would exist. It paints a very damning picture about Thai life and society if the normal Thai citizens don't rally for justice. This MP is one very mentally sick individual of he really believes that catching a flight was more important than stopping to potentially save an injured person. 

And who in Thai society will be a voice of reason to condemn this disgusting act.

It is sad human life becomes an inconvience for the rich and powerful in Thailand

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phetphet said:

What could possibly be more important?

Aiding someone hit by a car you are in? Or attending a meeting?

But if he didn't attend maybe he would miss out on the meeting fee, which I understand is quite high.

Whether he contributed anything to the meeting/dicussion is another story.

4 hours ago, itsari said:

If he was authorized then that would be unethical if not illegal

I'd pack it in now if I were you, the battle you started was doomed from the beginning. leave now and this might all get forgotten about!  you know it makes sense

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rwill said:

Perhaps he can get a doctor to testify that she had an existing condition that would have caused her to die that day anyway.  That should significantly reduce any compensation.

(I was once on a jury in the US.  A woman had been placed on a stretcher and it tipped back while she was laying on it causing her to slide off.  Her head hit the wall right at floor level and injured her neck.  Part of the hospitals defense was having a medical expert declare that she had a pre existing condition and her neck would have gone out the same day anyway.)

I Hope this is just sarcasm ?

Was the meeting really that important? It is just politics. And how does that justify anything? 

Charge him as you would anyone. Sounds like manslaughter to me. Or an accomplice to manslaughter. Lock him up. This world needs one fewer MP. 

4 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I'd pack it in now if I were you, the battle you started was doomed from the beginning. leave now and this might all get forgotten about!  you know it makes sense

Doomed from the beginning ? 

The old lady crossing the road was the one doomed and tomorrow she will be forgotten about . But the person who considers a flight to catch  more important than a person's life make's no sense .

What is up with the flee the scene stuff? He did wait until medical services showed up and she was taken to the hospital. I don’t see any politician from anywhere or even normal people who were not the driver doing more. And he sent the driver to the hospital to check on her, but she had already died. Come on what else do you want him to do? He also offered compensation to the family Which will probably include funeral costs. If you were in a taxi would you always stick around and go to the hospital? Would you pay costs for an accident if the taxi driver ran over someone or their pet. I can tell you in the United States she wouldn’t have even gotten the stick around except for galkers. Would have left name, address and phone number with driver or witness and been gone on the quickest ride out.

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He's pictured there in the OP with the rescue service aiding the woman.  What do you think?

Well isn't it normal to wait until the police arrive and then they take pics, measure skid marks, whatever they do. They would probably take statement etc.?

Certainly he called the emergency services and they came, but according to the story, unless I have missed something, he then left for the airport. Did he go in the same car?

Now he wasn't at the wheel, but was obviously a witness to the accident.?

I was asking a question, not making a statement.

3 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He's pictured there in the OP with the rescue service aiding the woman.  What do you think?

Well isn't it normal to wait until the police arrive and then they take pics, measure skid marks, whatever they do. They would probably take statement etc.?

Certainly he called the emergency services and they came, but according to the story, unless I have missed something, he then left for the airport.

Police do not always attend traffic accidents in Thailand, many times the rescue services arrive, take care of the injured, insurance company reps turn up and that's it.   

He was a passenger, not the driver, no requirement for him to wait any longer than he did which was to wait to see the woman being treated by medics as the pictures show.

• Thanks 1

Its a standard thai response flee accident scene because it gets you out of harms way

here they may have waited for medics to arrive but not held to account because hiso has more clout and it was a merc not a vigo

Edited by tomyami
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Oh well that's Ok then.

How gracious of him.

Gotta' keep those 10k baht payments flowing for attending + expenses+ free flights, cars, drivers and motorcades.

Just about sums it up really, no meeting is more important than looking after another human being who has just been run over by the car you were being driven in. Especially when it was obviously a serious injury

• Sad 1

The response from some people to this very vaguely written article  is astonishing and a very good reason why hanging round at the scene of an accident is often not the sensible cause of action.        Talk about a lynch mob.        I know politicians are not favourites for many people (esp on here)  but this guy is receiving kind of aggression normally saved for pedo's  and it all seems to be based on that very vague and ambiguous article  Talk about reading between the lines !   Jesus the guy wasn't even driving and who says he was in a rush? just empty words from a journalist maybe ?

, somebody even "assumed" there was a pedestrian crossing involved !!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, David T Pike said:

The heading for the article is pure 100% fake news Click Bait!  Do you think he is stupid enough to leave the scene and suffer the publicity damage from his actions? No meeting is more important than the public opinion especially if your looking to get re-elected. He did exactly what one is supposed to do at the scene of a accident and he even got "Good Samaritan" photos taken. The writer of this article is a straight up unscrupulous HACK looking for rubber necking readers and by the looks of the comments here he succeeded!! 

Spot on

"Looking for rubber necking readers" and trying (sucessfully)  to rouse blood lust within  the notorious  TVF hang 'em high squad " Quite a lot of virtue signalling going on too, I thought that was just a leftie student activity, looks like I was wrong 

• Like 2

On 7/28/2022 at 11:43 AM, webfact said:

He said he called rescue services who picked up the lady. 

He continued to the airport.

He went and carried on as normal even after he was involved in an incident in which there was a fatality?

????

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, DezLez said:

The OP says so;

"He was in a rush to get to the airport to board a plane to take him to Bangkok for an important House meeting."

maybe so but  that particular detail  was notably  not preceded by "he said" as were the other remarks ,  and neither was it in quotation marks  so that makes me question whether or not it was an assumption on behalf of the author or even the journalist that wrote the original story.  Do you not think that could be possible? especially considering the reason to publish that story on this forum. 

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/29/2022 at 12:27 PM, tomyami said:

Its a standard thai response flee accident scene because it gets you out of harms way

here they may have waited for medics to arrive but not held to account because hiso has more clout and it was a merc not a vigo

He wasn't the driver of the car involved so could not be "held to account"!   Regardless, his "getting out of harm's way" [sic] (presumably of responsibility?) doesn't correlate with his going to the hospital as soon as he could to check on the woman and, subsequently, offering compensation to her family.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 12:40 PM, brianthainess said:

He was in a rush to get to the airport to board a plane to take him to Bangkok for an important House meeting.

Oh well that's Ok then.

How gracious of him.

On 7/28/2022 at 12:01 PM, phetphet said:

Gotta' keep those 10k baht payments flowing for attending + expenses+ free flights, cars, drivers and motorcades.

The rescue services were called, he waited for their arrival and was pictured with them attending to the injured woman before he left.

By the way, he wasn't the driver so he had no obligation to wait there, even though he did.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He went and carried on as normal even after he was involved in an incident in which there was a fatality?

????

I see were you are coming from but the victim didn't die at the scene and there was no obligation or reason to accompany her to the hospital, Once she was in the care of the medics there is nothing more he could have done     "|Carrying on as normal" might not really be an accurate description, I am sure the MP and the guy who was actually driving would have been as shaken as anybody else contrary to what other on here seem to alledge, most people  MPs included are not cold blooded killers.

As a general point and not directed at you, isn't it only in Saudi Arabia where the passenger in a taxi is held responsible for any accidents that occur?  Most civilised countries put the responsibility on the driver and in my opinion that is the only logical way to go

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just about sums it up really, no meeting is more important than looking after another human being who has just been run over by the car you were being driven in. Especially when it was obviously a serious injury

He called the emergency services and waited until they were taking care of the woman.  What more do you expect him to do, or could he do, that would have affected anything?

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It was not a fatality at the scene, she died later in hospital. 

He did not "carry on as normal", he called the rescue services and waited there with the woman until she was being cared for (as the photo shows), at which point his presence was superfluous...he's not a medic.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

He called the emergency services and waited until they were taking care of the woman.  What more do you expect him to do, or could he do, that would have affected anything?

I know what he did, I read the OP.....

Something I would never do whatever position I held or whatever meeting I had to go. Especially when there was a seriously injured person being run over in the car I was being driven in. The very least I would do as an elected MP is show the people who elected me that I would take the time to go to the hospital and ensure my presence was there at least for a while.

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2022 at 3:01 PM, phetphet said:

Picky picky, he called the rescue services, please understand his needs are more important than those of an older woman. They probably send the family a claim for the increase in insurance premium next 

• Sad 1