Malaysia Detains Thais Who Tested Positive For Marijuana

webfact

Just now, robblok said:

Eh i meant numbers in Thailand because there are none as of yet and there have not been any cases in the news yet. So its all pure speculation. People act like its a huge thing but it is not. 

I am not advocating getting stoned and driving I am saying its not a major problem yet. If you really want to save lifes ban alcohol. Don't use the save lives excuse when your not willing to ban alcohol. Because otherwise its all a farce.

Alcohol already has laws regards driving, Thailand is still waiting for those laws on cannabis, is that not the point?

The Land Transport Department (DLT) is pushing for a law that bans public transport drivers from using cannabis before driving. Cannabis intoxication will then likely be made illegal for all drivers on Thai roads.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40016102

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just another example

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30317177

“Through these communications channels, they negotiated on prices and discussed delivery details. After customers transferred money for the illicit drugs, he mailed it to them,”

Of course it makes a difference  A credit card is easily and instantly distinguishable from a debit card by its number  didn't you know that?  As another option they could always nip round the corner to the local dealer as they have done for years regardless of its legal status. and pay in cash or even obtain it on a sale or return basis  shocking eh!

And as for your one example, it is hardly evidence of the mass corruption of youth by the relaxation of cannabis restrictions as the "child" in question also had quite a stash of methamphetamine which is still as illegal as it ever was and also readily available to anybody who wants it

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2022 at 4:47 AM, soi3eddie said:

The Thai authorities used to test too. Any positive for drugs then guilty. Different country, different rules as they choose to enforce their law. Simple. Don't do drugs!

Heavy marijuana can be dectected up to 30 days after last consumption. You'll need to define "drugs" and "do".

Its no more a drug in Thailand than tabacco or alcohol.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

They collect it from the local school kid drug dealer, like they just had occur in a province here in Thailand which caused a major uproar.  You must not watch the news.

"major uproar" who's words are they ? Yours?   kids have been doing this for years its really nothing new. and has little to do with the current relaxation

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Of course it makes a difference  A credit card is easily and instantly distinguishable from a debit card by its number  didn't you know that?  As another option they could always nip round the corner to the local dealer as they have done for years regardless of its legal status. and pay in cash or even obtain it on a sale or return basis  shocking eh!

And as for your one example, it is hardly evidence of the mass corruption of youth by the relaxation of cannabis restrictions as the "child" in question also had quite a stash of methamphetamine which is still as illegal as it ever was and also readily available to anybody who wants it

Who cares? They don't need a credit or debit card to buy it from one of the new online shops that have just been opened since 9th of June all they need is a bank account. A new avenue for them that's never been there before. This in addition now to all the other illegal methods.

16 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Do you have any experience of drug cannabis taking in youths here in Thailand and how they purchase it? You say experience is your most important asset and disregard links.

I do and can tell you since the new laws and the abundance of publicity and shops springing up that experimental usage is on the up, certainly in the adolescent age groups

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I get all the cannabis related posts from pot users on this forum but why are so many anti pot people posting. Obviously not your interest, so why waste your time ? As a non drinker, I am not going to be spamming your "its a religous holiday and I cant buy alcohol so I am angry" or "I need a new liver" threads, so why do you <deleted> spam all the cannabis related threads ?  

Aseannow is probably the most prominent expat forum in Thailand, and there is a likelihood that it is monitored to some extent by the government to gauge the opinions of expats and visitors to the Kingdom.

I think there is a perception that proponents of recreational use of cannabis are trying to create the FALSE impression that there is universal support for recreational use of cannabis amongst the expat community, and they are doing this by attacking, belittling, and attempting to silence anyone with reservations about whether recreational use of cannabis in Thailand is advisable. To a certain extent, individuals who have an editorial/news reporting function for Aseannow have been guilty of this as well.

It is out of the desire to push back against this perceived campaign that compels  many to speak out as persistently as they do on this issue.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Well you know what they say,,,Those who can, do  Those who can't. teach,  and those who aren't much use at that teach overseas,  I'd concentrate on the task in hand and leave the social concern to others 

Unable to respond you revert to personal insults based on nothing but a fabrication in your mind. 

Frequent cannabis use by young people linked to decline in IQ
A study has found that adolescents who frequently use cannabis may experience a decline in Intelligence Quotient (IQ) over time. The findings of the research provide further insight into the harmful neurological and cognitive effects of frequent cannabis use on young people.

The paper, led by researchers at RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences, is published in Psychological Medicine.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/01/210128134755.htm

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 pages in and I think we can sum up and move on:

* some people like cannabis.

* some people don't (mostly ones who have never tried it).

* some people think it is appalling that a country can even think of urine testing tourists entering a country.

* some people think this is fine and would be in favour of it in more countires.

I think we all know which of the groups we fit in and what type of person fits in the other.  That's it, no one is going to change.  Pretty boring now.

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

10 pages in and I think we can sum up and move on:

* some people like cannabis.

* some people don't (mostly ones who have never tried it).

* some people think it is appalling that a country can even think of urine testing tourists entering a country.

* some people think this is fine and would be in favour of it in more countires.

I think we all know which of the groups we fit in and what type of person fits in the other.  That's it, no one is going to change.  Pretty boring now.

Plus, can usually spot the puffers here.......:stoner:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Plus, can usually spot the puffers here.......:stoner:

If you're implying me then you'd be wrong.  I hadn't smoked for maybe 25 years but since it become legal I bought a gram (2 spliffs) just to give it a go.  It was nice, very high quality, and the strain I got was nice and mild.  But that's it, it was for novelty value.  I have kids so I would never smoke it at home - I can take it or leave it.

But I think it is generally harmless and should be legal with proper restrictions: 20 year age limit (which is already in place), I would say no online sales, and there should be some controls on advertising and also on locations of weed shops.  Other than that, go for it.

People like to pigeon hole: if you are in favour of legal weed you must be a stoner.  If you hate Thaksin you must love Prayut (it is possible to dislike both).  Pigeon holing is not good as it is easy to look silly.

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

If you're implying me then you'd be wrong.  I hadn't smoked for maybe 25 years but since it become legal I bought a gram (2 spliffs) just to give it a go.  It was nice, very high quality, and the strain I got was nice and mild.  But that's it, it was for novelty value.  I have kids so I would never smoke it at home - I can take it or leave it.

But I think it is generally harmless and should be legal with proper restrictions: 20 year age limit (which is already in place), I would say no online sales, and there should be some controls on advertising and also on locations of weed shops.  Other than that, go for it.

People like to pigeon hole: if you are in favour of legal weed you must be a stoner.  If you hate Thaksin you must love Prayut (it is possible to dislike both).  Pigeon holing is not good as it is easy to look silly.

No, not implying you....There have been many threads over the years regarding puffing weed...????

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Alcohol already has laws regards driving, Thailand is still waiting for those laws on cannabis, is that not the point?

The Land Transport Department (DLT) is pushing for a law that bans public transport drivers from using cannabis before driving. Cannabis intoxication will then likely be made illegal for all drivers on Thai roads.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40016102

No its not really the point, seems normal to me that they make laws to prohibit driving when under the influence. That is normal IMHO. Point being that i havent seen any stats on how much worse it got. I havent even seen news articles of people who are high and driving. (we seen all kinds of strange stories to put canabis in a bad light but not those).

So i really was wondering how often does it occur. I am not against laws for this I am actually really for laws on this point. You cant be pro alcohol checks and not pro cannabis checks in traffic. 

Just now, robblok said:

No its not really the point, seems normal to me that they make laws to prohibit driving when under the influence. That is normal IMHO. Point being that i havent seen any stats on how much worse it got. I havent even seen news articles of people who are high and driving. (we seen all kinds of strange stories to put canabis in a bad light but not those).

So i really was wondering how often does it occur. I am not against laws for this I am actually really for laws on this point. You cant be pro alcohol checks and not pro cannabis checks in traffic. 

Stats will be hard to come by if they don't check for for cannabis use after a crash, seeing as their are no laws yet then I doubt much checking is going on

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whereyougo said:

Next PM Lord Anutin recently stated he will not back flip and with good reason.  So far there have been 3 cases of stupid thais consuming several joints and freaking out probably on top of a bottle or 3 of  laoh kaho

Did you forget this one? After all it was 10 days ago.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/student-caught-selling-cannabis/

A high school in Northern Thailand is under investigation after a student was caught selling weed to her classmates, according to the Office of the Basic Education Commission (OBEC).

The grade 12 student attended Hang Chat Witthaya School in the Hang Chat district of Lampang Province.

She allegedly sold dried cannabis and cannabis oil to other students.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Did you forget this one? After all it was 10 days ago.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/student-caught-selling-cannabis/

A high school in Northern Thailand is under investigation after a student was caught selling weed to her classmates, according to the Office of the Basic Education Commission (OBEC).

The grade 12 student attended Hang Chat Witthaya School in the Hang Chat district of Lampang Province.

She allegedly sold dried cannabis and cannabis oil to other students.

And?

They need to find out who sold it to her and punish them severely as you are not supposed to sell to under 20's.

Not sure what your point is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

And?

They need to find out who sold it to her and punish them severely as you are not supposed to sell to under 20's.

Not sure what your point is.

The point is that the poster I was replying to only put his biased point of view. He omitted to mention something that happened 10 days previously. A bit like you do at times.

You are getting very boring and pedantic and don't bother to mention things that you don't agree with.

• Confused 1