Hard and fast rules for Cannabis use?

The government seems to be having the same problem with Cannabis as they had with opening the country., continued U turns.

Anutin is still 100% because of his huge investment in to the industry, the medical profession have many reservations about it's usage. The government  love the revenue.

The police, bless em, are as confused as anyone and tourists could be walking in to a minefield of fines. 

Thailand may well have a small resurgence of tourists come Nov,December - the high season 

and the locals are  already well in to the weed. Is it likely there will be hard and fast rules in place or will it be TIT  rules? My feeling is it will be the latter.

Edited by Thailand
  • Like 1

Getting the Cannabis Control Act gazetted is the first step.

Until then it will be special proclamations to deal with one-off issues as they are raised.

Once the CCA is in place, then all the agencies, boards, ministries will start issuing rules/regulations governing all things Cannabis.

I think it will be a long process, maybe 18 - 24 months AFTER the CCA is gazetted until things shake out.

Personal use will probably survive, albeit with more controls than exist today.

Edited by bamnutsak

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As far as I can see, no u-turns. 

Self important people writing letters is irrelevant to the laws, or lack of laws. 

I still follow the rules I did when it was illegal. 

1. Don't carry. 

2. Smoke quietly at home. 

Fair comment, could never get on with it in any form myself, smell and taste just not to my liking, but smoked ciggies like a chimney for too many years.