Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

Has either candidate mentioned how they will deal with the disgusting pumping of raw sewage into the sea by private water companies rendering 50 UK beaches unusable?

Note how the absent Prime Minister has avoided any UK beaches for his two holidays this month, preferring EU countries. 

20220822_130414.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, bannork said:

Has either candidate mentioned how they will deal with the disgusting pumping of raw sewage into the sea by private water companies rendering 50 UK beaches unusable?

Note how the absent Prime Minister has avoided any UK beaches for his two holidays this month, preferring EU countries. 

20220822_130414.jpg

Can't a PM have a holiday where he want's, is it his job to drive around seeing what happens to sewage.....?   

What on earth will you come up wiv next.....????

• Sad 1

Ah, don't you just love it when tories start to turn on each other.

sunak exposing the farce that is truss' tax cut blah blah blah...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/aug/22/truss-poised-to-plunge-uk-economy-into-inflation-spiral-says-sunak

Let's hope truss responds, I could do with a laugh.

#votetruss-promising without comprehending

• Like 2

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Ah, don't you just love it when tories start to turn on each other.

Sunak exposing the farce that is Truss' tax cut blah blah blah...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/aug/22/truss-poised-to-plunge-uk-economy-into-inflation-spiral-says-sunak

Let's hope Truss responds, I could do with a laugh.

#votetruss-promising without comprehending

There is rarely a laugh from The Guardian, only doom and gloom, whatever the subject, so don't build your hopes up.....????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Your looking forward to a "laugh" reply here, would come from a The Guardian link.....????....As all your stuff does...:stoner:

No, the laugh would come from truss' words, not the media that reports them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Nah, what makes my day is the Tory base seems to be venal enough to vote her in as leader...a gift to the opposition.

#votetruss-the opposition's choice.

Could be, but only time will tell, if the boot on the other foot, just imagine Rayner in charge, the mind boggles......????.......

The only qualification she has is the gift of the gab...????

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Could be, but only time will tell, if the boot on the other foot, just imagine Rayner in charge, the mind boggles......????.......

The only qualification she has is the gift of the gab...????

truss will be a gift and as I have continuously told you, I don’t care what the Labour Party does. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, placeholder said:

Here's a report on raw sewage pollution from those lefties at the Telegraph:

Water companies are 'releasing raw sewage into rivers more than 1,000 times a day'

Telegraph analysis shows over a third of sewage discharge occurred when there was no heavy rain, suggesting firms breached their permits

More than a third of sewage discharge occurred when there was no heavy rain in the areas, according to the research, which suggests firms are breaching terms of their permits.

And here's another:

Sewage spills by water firms have risen 29-fold over the last five years

The number of times raw sewage has been dumped into rivers and lakes across the country has risen from 12,637 in 2016 to 372,533 last year, according to the Environment Agency.

The figures, obtained by Labour under freedom of information requests, also show that the duration of the spills have vastly increased over the same time period.

Five years ago, 100,533 hours worth of spills were recorded compared to 2,667,452 hours of spillages last year.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/08/18/sewage-spills-water-firms-have-risen-29-fold-last-five-years/

What has that got to do with Liz, Rishi and the thread.....?    ???? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Deary deary deary me, this is what happens when truss makes financial decisions…

”The fact that Liz Truss was the one to cut the EA so severely not only demonstrates her lack of foresight but also her lack of care for the detail, in recognising the need to adapt to the serious flooding that had just happened on her watch.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/22/liz-truss-environment-agency-cuts-sewage-water-pollution?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

#votetruss- acting without understanding 

I thought you wanted Liz to win, yet you keep posting The Guarian put downs, that is rather confusing.

This link is on topic from your rag, but it points out what your rag is about, just read the headline, your rag doesn't even like the country it writes in.......????

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/guardian-view-liz-truss-little-174543234.html

• Confused 1