90 day reporting online - more questions

22 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

I went to do 90 day report IN PERSON this afternoon.......it was a disaster.....

I HAD TO WAIT 10 MINUTES......!!!!

And your point? 

For many a trip to immigration to do a 90 day report in person can take a day including travel time. 

Yes there is mail option. 

Yea, when I did my in-person report to CW earlier this week it only took approx 30 minutes "within" the immigration office; however, I had around a one hour drive time each way in the heavy Bangkok traffic.

I was surprised it only took approx 30 minutes within the CW office because past in-person visits the in-office time was around 90 minutes...LOTS of people lined up to report.  I guess the new online reporting system is working a lot better and for many more people than the older systems which is very significantly decreasing in-person reporting

I could never submit a report on the older systems as they wouldn't let me get past page 1 of data entry before telling me something is amiss....please report to your immigration office.  So, I predominately did mail-in reports with an occasional in-person report.

Fortunately the new system does not slam the door on a person for data entry....a person can easily submit a report and it appears many more people get approval.   Heck, I had two approvals under my belt on the new system until I renewed my passport last month (and had immigration transfer stamps from the old to new passport last month also) which then caused a report rejection  on my most recent online report attempt about a week ago which in turn drove my in-person report.   

Hopefully, my next online report will get back on the "approved band wagon" since I did the in-person report....the immigration officer said it should/will....time will tell.

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

And your point? 

For many a trip to immigration to do a 90 day report in person can take a day including travel time. 

Yes there is mail option. 

was trying to make the point that I go in person to soi 5 jomtien for reporting......and never really have problems.......

On 7/30/2022 at 10:05 PM, Brian K said:

I have a new passport and this is the first time I am applying online using it.  Within seconds I received an email acknowledging receipt of my application.  so far, pretty fast and efficient.

With my New passport I had to go and do it in Person at CW, Actually I had to go 2 times, because they forgot to upgrade my slip/registration with the new Passport number first time, Its by the barcode up to the right on the printed report.

The error I got was "No Previous Registration Found" or something like that. 

On 8/3/2022 at 8:19 PM, Pib said:

The rejection (disapproval) is because you got a new/renewed passport.   Typically when you get a new/renewed passport you will need to do an in-person 90 day report (mail-in might work also)....it's just a requirement the CW office (and maybe other offices) have....just how they update their 90 day report system with the latest info.   At one time I remember actually reading it an Thai govt immigration website but can't find it anymore....I think it was somewhere that explained the new online system when it initially came online.

I just experienced the same problem.  About a month ago I got my renewed/new U.S. passport...and immediately went to CW immigration to have my stamps transferred from the old to new passport.....all went OK...that was all done and dusted about a month ago.   

Last Sunday I submitted my 90 day report online after getting the email notice from immigration it was time to submit again.  When submitting the report on Sunday I figured  I was "probably" going to get a rejection after having two online approvals based on my previous passport.   And sure enough on Tuesday I got the email rejection from CW immigration....neither checking online or the email stated "why" it was rejected.

So, today/Thurdday I went to CW to do an in-person report...in and out in 30 minutes.  When I handed the officer my 90 day report at the 90 day counter I also pointed out my online report had just been disapproved without reason given after having two approvals.  The officer just politely waved me off as she processed my new report.  When she handed me my new 90 day receipt she then explained the online disapproval/rejection was because I had a new/renewed passport.  She also said I should have no problem getting online approval for my next report since the in-person report had updated the system to reflect the new passport.

Now one would think when a person goes to immigration to transfer stamps from the old to new passport that process would also update the online 90 day reporting system with the new passport number, but apparently it does not....it takes (or may take) an in-person report...and maybe a mail-in report will also work.

UPDATE:  Found where it says if you get a new passport a in-person report is required.  Got to below immigration website and click the TM47 icon and its talked in the popup instructions....below is a partial snapshot.

https://www.immigration.go.th/#serviceonline

image.png.efbaa63292060b40a3a5d2641fd8487e.png

Well, I wish I had followed your advice and not the one that said re-submit online and it might work.  I ended up getting another rejection with the added order "to go immediately to my nearest Immigration Office".

But because I still have 10 days before the deadline and the fact that I am not able to visit CW right now, I sent my application by post.

Will this p+++ them off?  Let's hope not

1 hour ago, Brian K said:

Well, I wish I had followed your advice and not the one that said re-submit online and it might work.  I ended up getting another rejection with the added order "to go immediately to my nearest Immigration Office".

But because I still have 10 days before the deadline and the fact that I am not able to visit CW right now, I sent my application by post.

Will this p+++ them off?  Let's hope not

It will not p+++ them off.  When the new system first started my first submittal was rejected.....I resubmitted online and it was also rejected.  I then did a mail-in and it was approved....took about a month to get the new 90 day receipt back from CW. 

When it was time to report again, I tried online again and it was approved....3 months later I tried again and got approved again....I'm on a roll now.   After that approval I got my passport renewed, stamps transferred to new passport, but when doing my next online report it was rejected.....that's when I went and did an in-person report so hopefully I can get back to receiving online approvals. 

So, right now I'm batting 2 out of 5 for online approval attempts.  I sure hope with my new passport good for another 10 years and doing the in-person report will lead to many years of online approvals---one can hope. 

A list of my online 90 day "online" attempts.... 2 of 5 success rate.

image.png.280e025da4dcb9da6357902a478808dc.png

Edited by Pib

On 8/6/2022 at 6:52 PM, Pib said:

It will not p+++ them off.  When the new system first started my first submittal was rejected.....I resubmitted online and it was also rejected.  I then did a mail-in and it was approved....took about a month to get the new 90 day receipt back from CW. 

When it was time to report again, I tried online again and it was approved....3 months later I tried again and got approved again....I'm on a roll now.   After that approval I got my passport renewed, stamps transferred to new passport, but when doing my next online report it was rejected.....that's when I went and did an in-person report so hopefully I can get back to receiving online approvals. 

So, right now I'm batting 2 out of 5 for online approval attempts.  I sure hope with my new passport good for another 10 years and doing the in-person report will lead to many years of online approvals---one can hope. 

A list of my online 90 day "online" attempts.... 2 of 5 success rate.

image.png.280e025da4dcb9da6357902a478808dc.png

Thanks for this.  Fingers crossed, they will update their system and I can start applying online.