Devastating fire at Sattahip nightclub claims 13 lives, 20+ injured - multiple explosions heard

webfact

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Just watching the shocking scenes right now people running of fire absolute horror show ????Rip

Same.
People running out the front entrance, the roof has open flame, then reddish smoke comes out the doors, then it turns to thick dark smoke and suddenly "whoosh" - there's a burst of bright yellow flames coming out the door. People can be seen exiting and running around on fire.

I was shocked how many just kept running and no one was trying to put out the flames and almost no one was doing the "stop, drop and roll" to put out the flames on themselves.

At the end of one video you see a guy standing about 5 feet in front of the person filming and there's a patch of flame on the back of his jacket and he's just standing there unaware and no one is trying to put it out.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Wow what a terrible tragedy. Let's hope all the survivors pull though.

I wonder what caused the explosions?

Explosions maybe from the deflagration of the used but unfortunately flammable adhesives, or from the bursting of the disco headlights.

A tragedy that could have been avoided if more care had been taken with the electrical installations and materials used.

RIP

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomacht8 said:

Explosions maybe from the deflagration of the used but unfortunately flammable adhesives, or from the bursting of the disco headlights.

A tragedy that could have been avoided if more care had been taken with the electrical installations and materials used.

RIP

Well I guess hopefully the investigation will discover the cause of the fire and explosions. 

The so called fire exit, photo from a few days before:

THAI NEWS REPORTS: According to Channel 3 News, this is what the MountainB pub looked like before the fire that killed thirteen. The red outline is apparently the exit door which seems to be disguised as part of the wall.

image.jpeg.f89ba7ffef96ed016df53e62732186fc.jpeg

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1555364017094668288

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

terrible tragic event to watch .... made me feel sick to see ...   alot of young one's.

just think a sprinkler system could have prevented such a tragedy ...

sprinklers should be made mandatory in night clubs. 

they had no chance with that thick smoke coming out

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

they had no chance with that thick smoke coming out

yes agree .... it was extremely thick ....  no one would be able to see where to exit,  also, the explosions could possibly have been caused by stage lighting exploding or ceiling spot lights exploding. 

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Sometimes I hate the TikTok culture, it's more important to take a vdo in moments like this than to help those on fire. 

Yes .... I was shouting at the phone watching the video ..... "put your f#<×!◇ng phone away and help!"

• Like 1

Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered government agencies to conduct safety inspections of entertainment venues following the devastating fire which occurred last night at Mountain B pub on Sukhumvit Road in Sattahip district of Chon Buri province, killing 13 people and injuring at least 41 more.

Oh well that's that solved then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Sometimes I hate the TikTok culture, it's more important to take a vdo in moments like this than to help those on fire. 

It was being going on way before the TikTok culture (2017) as you say.  You need to go back to the original Instagram 2010, Snapchat 2015, etc...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Terrible, I assume some were killed as they took vdos when trying to escape. 

Videos from social media can often help an investigation, while they may have not been physically helping there were dozens of other people around watching doing nothing while people on fire walked or ran past them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dhupverg said:

Wasn't it the same situation in Phuket with that big club fire and the insulating foam which is highly flammable?

That was the decoration of the disco - made from styrofoam - which was burning like crazy.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Videos from social media can often help an investigation, while they may have not been physically helping there were dozens of other people around watching doing nothing while people on fire walked or ran past them

Yeah but they were probably not sober, can't really judge their actions. Also, in shock. 

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah yes the Tiger Club fire on Bangla, yes I forgot about that one.  In this one apparently the rear door was also locked according to this mornings Channel 32 news, which is a big issue as there was only one way in and out.

The downside of having 2 doors open is that the fire will get fed twice as much oxygen and then burn twice as quickly.

My mate who was a fireman in the UK got a good show for saving the guy above him on the ladder. It seems as though the onsite fire commander ordered the front doors of the building to be opened against the firecrews advice.

This caused a fireball to blow out of the window between my mate and the guy above him using the hose. The guy dropped the hose and was falling when my mate saved him, but my mate buggered his back so badly he was eventually medically discharged from the fire service.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1