Foreigner died without a will. Procedure for GF how to get his car that he promised to give her?

Steven55

21 hours ago, Steven55 said:

Still, my question is: is a court procedure required to put the car on her name (once she got it back from the thieves). If yes, how much will this cost (including a rough estimation of lawyer expenses - difficult to answer, I realize).

I believe that you have to go to court.

When my wife died (no will) I had to go to court to obtain legal access to her car.

I had to get her parents AND siblings to sign a letter that they had no interest in the car.

The court awarded the car to me.

I then took the court order, death certificate and car book to the Land transport office and had the car changed into my name.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grain said:

That's your best answer. Don't even bother. Every year my missus renews my car rego for me, she just takes the blue book and in she goes, it's in my name, but nobody ever asks anything, she renews it and pays the money, end of story. So in this case GF just keeps the car, it's not in her name but so what? She'll probably have a bit of trouble if she tried to sell it but as long as she just wants to use the car for her own purposes then no problems, just keep the car and run it into the ground. When it's knackered, flog it off for parts.

"That's your best answer".

That's your best answer?   She doesn't have the car, doesn't have the blue book and doesn't know where the car is.

8 minutes ago, grain said:

That's your best answer. Don't even bother. Every year my missus renews my car rego for me, she just takes the blue book and in she goes, it's in my name, but nobody ever asks anything, she renews it and pays the money, end of story. So in this case GF just keeps the car, it's not in her name but so what? She'll probably have a bit of trouble if she tried to sell it but as long as she just wants to use the car for her own purposes then no problems, just keep the car and run it into the ground. When it's knackered, flog it off for parts.

Yes. But you have the car...and your wife has the book lol.

You don't see the futility? How would it work back home where you live? Answer it wouldn't.

So Stevens new GF, I hope, was promised the car, but the nurse took it as soon as she heard of her patients demise?  Seems like a police report of a stolen car needs to happen.  But the owner is dead and wouldn't have the bluebook either.  What about bank cards? Is this GF going to assume the rental lease obligations if any?

Need to know what model car this is and it's approximate value to know if this would make a proper movie or not.  

How old was this guy?  Was his illness terminal so he knew he wasn't making it back to Thailand 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Elkski said:

So Stevens new GF, I hope, was promised the car, but the nurse took it as soon as she heard of her patients demise?  Seems like a police report of a stolen car needs to happen.  But the owner is dead and wouldn't have the bluebook either.  What about bank cards? Is this GF going to assume the rental lease obligations if any?

Need to know what model car this is and it's approximate value to know if this would make a proper movie or not.  

How old was this guy?  Was his illness terminal so he knew he wasn't making it back to Thailand 

"So Stevens new GF, I hope, was promised the car...".

Steven55 is the OP, not the owner of the car, neither is the woman his girlfriend.  A Line message to that girl does not give her ownership of the car.

"...the nurse took it as soon as she heard of her patients demise?  Seems like a police report of a stolen car needs to happen".

How can anyone who is not the owner of a car make a police report about that car being stolen?  Perhaps the owner sent a similar "ownership" Line message to the nurse?

"What about bank cards?"

What about them?  This is about his car.

"How old was this guy?  Was his illness terminal so he knew he wasn't making it back to Thailand".

What's the relevance of any of that to the car? 

"Need to know what model car this is and it's approximate value to know if this would make a proper movie or not".

Why are you posting about a movie and how does the make/model/value of the car affect its ownership? 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

This country never ceases to amaze me with people trying to fleece and swindle each other. So even the nurse wants to benefit!  Hiding the car?  Wow. Greed off the Richter scale if true.

Unless she was doing it out of some sense of moral duty to ensure the GF is legitimately entitled to the car (we all know the millions of stories of scamming, swindling girlfriends). 

Or was the nurse involved with the deceased?  

If a nurse is trying to snatch property away from someone else, what else may she be capable of doing? Is it a legal loophole? Where were the car keys and how did the nurse get them and other ownership documentation? 

Blatantly taking a car like that is not exactly hiding the fact she took it. And being a nurse,  she's likely of decent intelligence,  so she surely would have thought this through? But then again TIT.

Loads of questions.  All just speculation.  

Edited by aussienam
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 3:35 AM, Kwasaki said:

Best go ask DLT in the area the car is registered and ask them wants needed otherwise it's just a guessing game IMHO. 

I know you will need a photocopy of the guys passport page where the immi exit stamp of Thailand is. 

Most likely will need a copy of the death certificate too.

19 hours ago, andygrr said:

My question is how did the nurse get her hands on the car and blue book in the first place. How old is the car and value, was the nurse paid in full or owed wages. 

Why is that your question?  What's the relevance of any of that to the procedure to transfer the ownership of the car to a girlfriend of the deceased owner?

On 8/7/2022 at 2:50 PM, BonMot said:

Guy died outside the country.

Car essentially belongs to the possessor + person with the book.

Don't even bother

Ok, I am afraid it will end like this.

Will still try something with help of a certain policeman I know and a letter of the heirs.
Will let you know later.

Thank all of you for your answers.

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why is that your question?  What's the relevance of any of that to the procedure to transfer the ownership of the car to a girlfriend of the deceased owner?

Is the blue book in the deceased's name?

On 8/7/2022 at 12:57 PM, xtrnuno41 said:

Maybe you also need "dying certificate"?

The second part of your post is way more worrying.

The nurse can deny all, as there is no proof?! She already appears to look like a bi**h, by not telling where car is. So it depends on how hard she can and wants to play it.

Succes

On 8/7/2022 at 2:19 PM, d4dang said:

the nurse may have pawned the car or sold it as she has the blue book

47 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, it is in the deceased's name.
But the thieve (the nurse) took that as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Doesn't everything go to my wife anyway?

How would I know? Does it say that in your will?

But, no, not necessarily. Do you have children from another world? Do you have any assets in Scotland? Do you have a mistress who might make a claim? 

Did you explain to her that you have money that is real money but you can't find it anywhere, you can't see it or touch it but it is very expensive... my wife would not understand... she would think I was crazy - that said, I recently bought some gbtc... not a lot. 

I am a little crazy too... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne

12 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

How would I know? Does it say that in your will?

But, no, not necessarily. Do you have children from another world? Do you have any assets in Scotland? Do you have a mistress who might make a claim? 

Did you explain to her that you have money that is real money but you can't find it anywhere, you can't see it or touch it but it is very expensive... my wife would not understand... she would think I was crazy - that said, I recently bought some gbtc... not a lot. 

I am a little crazy too... 

No alien kids, no assets out of country. But I have lots of crypto, I should get that more in order. 

On 8/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, xtrnuno41 said:

Maybe you also need "dying certificate"?

The second part of your post is way more worrying.

The nurse can deny all, as there is no proof?! She already appears to look like a bi**h, by not telling where car is. So it depends on how hard she can and wants to play it.

Succes

DEATH CERTIFICATE is the correct wording......!!!

• Sad 1

On 8/7/2022 at 7:07 PM, Steven55 said:

Ha ha, nice and creative idea. But when my GF meets a person at the office who got a strong spine and doesn't like to be bribed, a lot of trouble will be poured over my GF.

We prefer doing it with documentation from the heirs (sons).

Still, my question is: is a court procedure required to put the car on her name (once she got it back from the thieves). If yes, how much will this cost (including a rough estimation of lawyer expenses - difficult to answer, I realize).

So after the foreigners death, she is now your girlfriend? 

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

No alien kids, no assets out of country. But I have lots of crypto, I should get that more in order. 

Anything you can get in order will help. I have recent complications - - and though I have a legal will and executor in USA, life does not proceed in a normal manner. There have been developments here that I would not have imagined... 

That's life and I am not sure who I might trust legally here. Life would be much easier if we could plan our expiration date... 

I mean, you would not have thought a guy like me who takes a practical approach to investing would buy into crypto - though not the actual fantasy of coin, just the ETF... which seemed like a bargain... I expect it will be a short term investment.. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Neeranam said:
On 8/10/2022 at 10:30 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't know. but it's safe to presume that it is in his name in view of the thread topic.  Why else would there be an issue of ownership transfer to someone else?

6 hours ago, blackshadow said:

i know dutch words AMTERDAM......ROTTERDAM.....THE HAUGUE......

you want anymore.......let me know......

Well that would be quite a conversation with you in Dutch????

Btw The Hague is not a Dutch word and you even put it wrong in English????

Keep on trying.????

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 7:07 PM, PPGuy said:

This might be of interest.

Not stating it is correct as due dilligence on such important matters is always a good idea.

https://www.samuiforsale.com/knowledge/inheritance-laws-thailand.html#:~:text=The surviving spouse is a statutory heir but their entitlement,in to four equal shares.

In the case of this OP, there is no spouse, just a girlfriend.