POLITICS Trump says FBI raiding his Mar-a-Lago home

Scott

Things become more curious ...

Two months before his Florida home was raided by the FBI, former President Donald Trump secretly received a grand jury subpoena for classified documents belonging to the National Archives, and voluntarily cooperated by turning over responsive evidence, surrendering security surveillance footage and allowing federal agents and a senior Justice Department lawyer to tour his private storage locker, according to a half dozen people familiar with the incident. (more to the story in the link below)

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/all-things-trump/trump-got-grand-jury-subpoena-spring-voluntarily-cooperated-home?utm_source=sf&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twjs

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Last time I promise, he implied it and there's no substantive difference in the minds of those who would amplify that accusation.

No, saying you hope something doesn't happen, really isn't implying that it happened .

You can say it as many times as you like, but you cannot change what words and sentences mean 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, saying you hope something doesn't happen, really isn't implying that it happened .

You can say it as many times as you like, but you cannot change what words and sentences mean 

That's not what I said, is it?

47 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What about if the Policemen had a history  of planting drugs on people and making false  accusations ?

Apply Ocam's razor. 

Don't trust police.

Don't trust 45.

But in this case the razor tells me I trust 45 less.

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, it's implying that it might have happened. Why else would you be hoping that it hadn't unless you believe there was a chance that it had?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

No, it's implying that it might have happened. Why else would you be hoping that it hadn't unless you believe there was a chance that it had?

Because the FBI had asked for the CCTV to be switched off and for the FBI to be alone with the safe and Donald hoped the reason for them requesting to be alone and the CCTV to be switched off wasn't because they wanted to plant something (with no witnesses or evidence of them doing so)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

What are those boxes? Do you know? How do you know even if they were held with any fierceness at all? All these pages written by maniacal Trump hater-assassins who don't really know what's going on at all but just can't wait to attack anyway. 

Months of negotiations failed before the FBI acted. They raided because they had no confidence that a subpoena would get the result they wanted - the documents.

I'd characterize that as "fiercely held onto".

• Like 2

Because the FBI had asked for the CCTV to be switched off and for the FBI to be alone with the safe and Donald hoped the reason for them requesting to be alone and the CCTV to be switched off wasn't because they wanted to plant something (with no witnesses or evidence of them doing so)

If the cops raided your house do you think they'd let you film them?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

What are those boxes? Do you know? How do you know even if they were held with any fierceness at all? All these pages written by maniacal Trump hater-assassins who don't really know what's going on at all but just can't wait to attack anyway. 

Ask national archives they said 15 boxes of classified documents were taken when he left office although they later managed to retrieve them from Mar-a Lago. Trump turned those documents over only after facing possible legal action.

However the records agency said it believes Trump still has more records that need to be turned over. Hence the warrant.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Months of negotiations failed before the FBI acted. They raided because they had no confidence that a subpoena would get the result they wanted - the documents.

I'd characterize that as "fiercely held onto".

Now they have those documents . 

What will happen next ?

They need to arrest Donald as quickly as possible and charge him with whatever offense they find necessary 

Now they have those documents . 

What will happen next ?

They need to arrest Donald as quickly as possible and charge him with whatever offense they find necessary 

What they need to do is finish their investigation. While I wish they'd finished it a year ago, the reason they didn't is because of all the effort Trump went to to hide evidence and avoid testimony.

• Like 2

Perez went on to make a lengthy case that the raid was tied to the claims of the repeatedly debunked conspiracy theory QAnon, which argues, against all evidence, that Democratic politicians, Hollywood celebrities and other elites are part of a satanic and cannibalistic child sex abuse ring that only Trump can defeat.

"This is all a part of the puzzle I'm trying to put together here, which is that the Deep State, ultimately, this past raid of Mar-a-Lago, it's a threat. It's a threat because they don't want [Trump] to expose the pedophiles that he knows about," said Perez.

That's what every single — that's what Jan. 6 was about before they planted all those people from the FBI there… They're coming after him and it's because they don't want him to expose the pedophiles."

https://www.rawstory.com/qanon-maralago/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Another conspiracy claim from Trump. On top of which, did the FBI actually make such a request.? That's what Eric Trump claimed. But he also claimed that they refused to show Trump's lawyer a copy of the warrant.

"Eric Trump said that the FBI refused to give Trump's lawyer, Christina Bobb, a copy of the search warrant but "showed it to her from about 10 feet away," DailyMail.com reported. He also said he would be "thrilled" to find out if there was a valid reason for the search.

However, Bobb told The New York Times a day earlier that she received a copy of the warrant."

https://www.newsweek.com/eric-trump-says-mar-lago-security-cameras-captured-fbi-acting-improperly-during-raid-1732672

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ask national archives they said 15 boxes of classified documents were taken when he left office although they later managed to retrieve them from Mar-a Lago. Trump turned those documents over only after facing possible legal action.

However the records agency said it believes Trump still has more records that need to be turned over. Hence the warrant.

Is a "belief" enough to warrant an armed house invasion then? Guess so.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Is a "belief" enough to warrant an armed house invasion then? Guess so.

Not if you're trying to prove the existence of God.

But as for the kind of belief referred to in this context, the answer is "yes", if there's actual evidence to support it.

47 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Perez went on to make a lengthy case that the raid was tied to the claims of the repeatedly debunked conspiracy theory QAnon, which argues, against all evidence, that Democratic politicians, Hollywood celebrities and other elites are part of a satanic and cannibalistic child sex abuse ring that only Trump can defeat.

"This is all a part of the puzzle I'm trying to put together here, which is that the Deep State, ultimately, this past raid of Mar-a-Lago, it's a threat. It's a threat because they don't want [Trump] to expose the pedophiles that he knows about," said Perez.

That's what every single — that's what Jan. 6 was about before they planted all those people from the FBI there… They're coming after him and it's because they don't want him to expose the pedophiles."

https://www.rawstory.com/qanon-maralago/

You are posting far right extremist material from far right broadcasters :

"On Tuesday afternoon, far-right news outlet Real America's Voice dedicated a nearly 20-minute segment of its talk show

"I'll just tee it up this way: Jeffrey Epstein. Pedophiles. Trump. Deep State," said host David Brody, co-author of a biography of Trump, before handing the reins over to his colleague Anna Perez, a former Newsmax employee who now hosts her own RAV show, "

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Trumps lawyer said they seized boxes. 

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are posting far right extremist material from far right broadcasters :

"On Tuesday afternoon, far-right news outlet Real America's Voice dedicated a nearly 20-minute [redacted link] of its talk show

"I'll just tee it up this way: Jeffrey Epstein. Pedophiles. Trump. Deep State," said host David Brody, co-author of a biography of Trump, before handing the reins over to his colleague Anna Perez, a former Newsmax employee who now hosts her own RAV show, "

Yes, I quoted what far right sources said., That was to demonstrate the utter wackiness of Trump's base. There is absolutely no issue with quoting the person who said that. The issue arises when someone posts a LINK to an unacceptable source. I posted a link to an approved source. Just a heads up, I report every link to an unapproved source that I see.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Not if you're trying to prove the existence of God.

But as for the kind of belief referred to in this context, the answer is "yes", if there's actual evidence to support it.

I cannot prove the existence of the Lord. I cannot disprove it either.

Evidence would be good. But where is it? I was hoping that the FBI might like to share.

"The timing of the raid may have been related to an FBI rule that advises against “politically sensitive moves” within 90 days of an election, former prosecutor Elie Honig told CNN. The next election is on November 8, 92 days after the raid took place on Monday."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2022/08/09/heres-what-to-know-about-trumps-document-controversy-that-led-to-mar-a-lago-raid/?sh=3c707a8eb969

• Like 1