Bikini ???? are not Thai

kingstonkid

I realize that people y busy But you missed the most important news 

The navy tried to ban bikini on beaches and when caught on it said that bikini are not Thai so tourist should not wear them.

I guess the high ups in the navy have not been to many beaches with young Thai girls.

While I agree that the older Thais may not be wearing them there are a lot of shopping malls selling them and I have noticed more Thai ladies wearing them.

But as with everything

T. I. T

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yep, and goes with all the other silly statements made about 'dress' here.  Thai men don't where short and ladies don't show skin/shoulders, or wear pants along with other such silliness.

Wife wears 2 pc swim wear.   As not concerned about looking like a chocolate lady, since way too late for that.   Her garden time has removed any anti sun, vamp look that so many go for here.

Thankfully she uses underarm deodorant with sunscreen.  Light at the end of tunnel ????

They are actually right, go to any beach which is frequented nearly exclusively by Thais, and you will hardly see anybody wearing a bikini. Even girls who would usually wear a bikini might choose to wear a t-shirt at those beaches, because they are too shy to be the only girl wearing a bikini.

On beaches which are frequented by foreigners, Phuket, Pattaya, etc. there of course also many Thais wearing bikinis.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Think you missed the part where they removed that sign.

No I did not but the fact that they actually put the sign up and the justification is what matters.

It was an attempt that failed but it was an attempt.

If no one had complained then they would have gotten away with making it a law.

22 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

They are actually right, go to any beach which is frequented nearly exclusively by Thais, and you will hardly see anybody wearing a bikini. Even girls who would usually wear a bikini might choose to wear a t-shirt at those beaches, because they are too shy to be the only girl wearing a bikini.

On beaches which are frequented by foreigners, Phuket, Pattaya, etc. there of course also many Thais wearing bikinis.

I hear that and agree peer pressure and what others think is a big issue here.  However, as you stated if a couple of girls said to hell with it and str9ipped down to a swimsuit these girls would have the tops off so fast.

It is kind of funny in Thailand all the girls want white skin in the rest of the world the girls with white skin want brown.

On 8/15/2022 at 8:40 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Navy was right????

Image result for mankini

These guys were getting in a good read before the rest of the pack showed up so they could begin their right proper pub crawl.  Going to be a hell of a night!  I now have a sudden urge to buy a top hat.

Rightproperspeedo.jpg

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I was quoting the OP...

Oh.  It appears that you were.

I got the comment you were replying to confused with "Think you missed the part where they removed that sign." from another user.  The wording was similar to what you quoted.

Sorry about that. ????

• Like 1