Lady wants justice from car manufacturer - they damaged her car not once but TWICE!

webfact

1 minute ago, Longwood50 said:

Oh so a damaged car in the USA is different than a damaged car in Thailand.  WOW who could have guessed. 

I have several Thai friends who own/run secondhand car tents.... there is no system in place that can be referred to to establish damage history of vehicles here, unlike the USA which places damaged vehicles on a salvage title....... If they are paid out by the insurance company and then on sold.

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

They "normal' in Aus.. Hence I was replying to this part "No insurers, anywhere do that" of your post.

I'd already referred to "normal" car insurance policies in a couple of comments.  Taking that into consideration you can see that I wasn't meaning that new-for-old policies do not exist anywhere.

For the record, no insurer will offer new-for-old on a normal policy, i.e the sort of policy the woman in this thread will have.   It has to be paid for by taking out a new-for-old policy. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I have several Thai friends who own/run secondhand car tents.... there is no system in place that can be referred to to establish damage history of vehicles here, unlike the USA which places damaged vehicles on a salvage title....... If they are paid out by the insurance company and then on sold.

I am aware of that.  However a person can have a car inspected and determine if the car has been repaired.  If it has, the interested party will either not want, or ask for a price reduction.  If you note a good number of the advertisements here in Thailand specifically state no accidents, no flood damage.  They would not do it if buyers did not care if the car had previousy had damage that was repaired.  I know I have purchased a car here and one seller refused to let me have it inspected.  I knew then the car was likely a salvage that had been repaired.  Any body shop can immediately tell if a car has had repair work done on it. 

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'd already referred to "normal" car insurance policies in a couple of comments.  Taking that into consideration you can see that I wasn't meaning that new-for-old policies do not exist anywhere.

For the record, no insurer will offer new-for-old on a normal policy, i.e the sort of policy the woman in this thread will have.   It has to be paid for by taking out a new-for-old policy. 

In Australia she would qualify for new for old if the vehicle was deemed total loss.

8 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I am aware of that.  However a person can have a car inspected and determine if the car has been repaired.  If it has, the interested party will either not want, or ask for a price reduction.  If you note a good number of the advertisements here in Thailand specifically state no accidents, no flood damage.  They would not do it if buyers did not care if the car had previousy had damage that was repaired.  I know I have purchased a car here and one seller refused to let me have it inspected.  I knew then the car was likely a salvage that had been repaired.  Any body shop can immediately tell if a car has had repair work done on it. 

Certainly they can have it inspected (at their cost)... I never said they could not.

However there is no searchable database a buyer can research to determine if there has been any prior accident damage........ Which part of this are you struggling with ?

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Happy ending for the car owner

1. A new car, Nissan brand, Almera 1.0 V Turbo (MY 2022), which he can pay in installments for this car in the 17th installment until the end of the contract at the original price of the lost car. go

2.Save Safe Platinum Package 5 years and Extended Warranty 2 years for new cars.

https://www.khaosod.co.th/around-thailand/news_7220416

She even was given flowers to make the final amends, how nice.  She should have had them krap down and wai her as well as being given a fruit basket.....

• Like 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

She even was given flowers to make the final amends, how nice.  She should have had them krap down and wai her as well as being given a fruit basket.....

Chicken essence basket would go further than some manky Thai fruit.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Happy ending for the car owner

1. A new car, Nissan brand, Almera 1.0 V Turbo (MY 2022), which he can pay in installments for this car in the 17th installment until the end of the contract at the original price of the lost car. go

2.Save Safe Platinum Package 5 years and Extended Warranty 2 years for new cars.

https://www.khaosod.co.th/around-thailand/news_7220416

Someone('s insurance company) blinked.

2 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Make no mistake, the Thai guys did it on purpose for her complaining about them damaging it minorly in the first place.

Car was rear ended by a pickup truck 

Therefore, the vehicle cannot be stopped in time when it is necessary to stop causing an accident. including reporting allegations of reckless driving causing damage to other people's property

https://siamrath.co.th/n/374311

There goes your theory out the window

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 8:42 PM, Longwood50 said:
On 8/18/2022 at 3:45 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

What's that got to do with it?     But if they were both in "identical condition", it, obviously, would not make any difference as they would both be in identical condition!

No, the fact is that the car in "identical condition" that has not been repaired is worth more than the one that has. 

That was my point, they would not be identical cars because one had been repaired!   

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

still dying on that hill I see - and you do know that they did get her a new car, right?

She was lucky.   You do know that they did not "get her a new car", they let her buy a new car with the finance installments starting at the 17th month, right?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

She was lucky.   They did not "get her a new car", they let her buy a new car with the finance installments starting at the 17th month.

And in 67 months time she will discover she still has 17 more payments to go !!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

She was lucky.   You do know that they did not "get her a new car", they let her buy a new car with the finance installments starting at the 17th month, right?

haha talking about pedantic, so she got a new car, but it wasn't a "new" car, right..... and it wasn't luck, it was called not rolling over and taking it up the a.$$, which it what you seem to want her to do

Edited by PremiumLane
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 2:17 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

That was my point, they would not be identical cars because one had been repaired! 

I am not sure what point you are trying to make.  The issue was depreciated value of a repaired car.  Though "identical" in terms of make, model, year mileage, options, and wear and tear, the fact that one car was repaired and the other not is a differntiating factor even if ALL OTHER ATTRIBUTES were the same. 

• Like 1

5555 Hilarious thread. Especially reading in one go. 

No way she'll get a new car. She doesn't deserve a new car. No where in the world would give her a new car.   Its not a new car its 2 years old. no 16 months. closer to a year. No its 2 years old. she'll never get a new car. 

She got a new car.

Good for her.  Totally deserved it. Condolences to those who think she didn't deserve it. 555555