Covid Extensions deadline is a week away(24Aug). Has anyone applied recently and what was your experience?

1 hour ago, JoseThailand said:

That was no miracle, but what the situation dictated. The Emergency Decree was in place, land borders were closed, Covid was pandemic. Now everything is different.

Yes, but they really could have ended it sooner. The miracle is how long they continued it. I'm not against it, I have been here since before the pandemic began.

Just now, audaciousnomad said:

Yes, but they really could have ended it sooner. The miracle is how long they continued it. I'm not against it, I have been here since before the pandemic began.

They continued it as long as the Emergency Decree was in place. No miracle.

8 hours ago, ChomDo said:

Can't believe that they're still giving out "covid extensions" haha. I mean it's great that they are but would probably be time to change the name of this extension and make it permanent or something. 

I did covid extensions for over a year but returned to Europe for my normal 3 months summer stay. Now I'm heading back to BKK on an exempt and curious if they continue the covid extensions, does it also apply to people who arrived recently or only those who have been "so called stuck" in Thailand since last year? 

Hi ChomDo,  when you returned to Thailand after 3 months in Europe, Has Thai immigration officer asked you something and try to reject your entry because you have stayed in Thailand over 1 year ? thank you !

4 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

It doesn't say a word about covid exts

its saying the decree goes until end of sept==hence covid exts

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ccsa-to-decide-next-month-whether-to-lift-emergency-decree/

another from monday...... topic being covid --thus exts....?

emergency decree+covid related=covid exts....?

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

its saying the decree goes until end of sept==hence covid exts

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ccsa-to-decide-next-month-whether-to-lift-emergency-decree/

another from monday...... topic being covid --thus exts....?

emergency decree+covid related=covid exts....?

People who applied for an extension before August 24 can stay until November. 

• Like 1

Covid extensions have served us good these two years but run their course. There is no reason for them to continue. Covid in Thailand is set to be endemic by October. Land borders are open. If you want to stay in Thailand for cheap, you can do border hops, as in pre-covid times. As a generous gesture, the visa-free period will be 45 days instead of 30, starting from October.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Covid extensions have served us good these two years but run their course. There is no reason for them to continue. Covid in Thailand is set to be endemic by October. Land borders are open. If you want to stay in Thailand for cheap, you can do border hops, as in pre-covid times. As a generous gesture, the visa-free period will be 45 days instead of 30, starting from October.

Yep back to visa runs.

5 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

I just did my extension today, on the 25th. No problem, guys. It's all been extended once again.

WOW. Please elaborate. I believe what you are saying, but did any of them verbally confirm to you that it's extended and until when?  Was there any signage or anything?

18 hours ago, sadmoneysnow said:

I will be surprised if they end the Covid Visa extensions and try to send us all home. The tourism industry in this country is no where near fully recovered. Everyone on the ground that has also been here before covid can attest to this. I think they will continue the Covid visa extensions

Good luck with your extensions, but I am not so sure that you are helping the recovery of the tourism industry. You have been here what... 1 year? 2 years? And all this time you stayed in hotels, took tours every day, visited temple after temple, park after park, ate in restaurants every lunch and dinner, changed location every few days travelling by planes and trains, accumulated whole piles of souvenirs and presents to take home?

I believe that the average tourist budget is 5000 B/ day / person. That's over 4000USD / month.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I believe that the average tourist budget is 5000 B/ day / person. That's over 4000USD / month.

Now the average tourist is Indian / Middle Eastern. Their daily budged is way below that. A group bus tour, beer from 7-Eleven are not very expensive.

20 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Good luck with your extensions, but I am not so sure that you are helping the recovery of the tourism industry. You have been here what... 1 year? 2 years? And all this time you stayed in hotels, took tours every day, visited temple after temple, park after park, ate in restaurants every lunch and dinner, changed location every few days travelling by planes and trains, accumulated whole piles of souvenirs and presents to take home?

You think he not leave any money in LOS or help Thai people in area where he live. Then all expats should leave from Thailand also if they not use "enough" money !

And from google:

You should plan to spend around ฿3,246 ($92) per day on your vacation in Thailand, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, ฿481 ($14) on meals for one day and ฿384 ($11) on local transportation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Now the average tourist is Indian / Middle Eastern. Their daily budged is way below that. A group bus tour, beer from 7-Eleven are not very expensive.

I am curious that Thai gov will extend new TR to 45 days coming soon, but actually most of visitor will stay only 1 to 2 weeks in Thailand. Is the 45 days new policy able to boost tourism ?

Today news said , between Jan and July , only 4 million foreign visitors recorded 

Edited by Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

They normally announce this on Fridays.

If they stop the extensions, they don't need to announce that. The previous extension naturally expired, which means things are simply back to normal.

Edited by JoseThailand

1 hour ago, MarcelV said:

I just did my extension today, on the 25th. No problem, guys. It's all been extended once again.

Did you get an under consideration stamp? If not, how many days were you given for your extension?

52 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

No under consideration. I got 60 days again.

How long have you been in Thailand since Entry?

I've been here since March 2020 and currently on a covid extension until 21 sept; I've been using Samui without issue but im now down in Lipe. If I can get an extension at Songkhla that would be pretty good, but it's a bit of an effort from here.

Do you know if the Songklha office requires a copy of TM30? as I think the office I am supposed to use would Satun on that basis.

• Like 1