Thai man with gun in klong taken away after mummy persuades him to give up - he'd attacked his girlfriend

webfact

image.png

Picture: INN

INN reported that Suan Phrik Thai police in Muang district of Pathum Thani north of the Thai capital Bangkok were called yesterday after a man attacked his girlfriend.

Rungthiwa, 20, was taken to hospital with a head wound.

Aphiwuth, 28, brandishing a gun jumped into klong Wat Sadej that is clogged with much vegetation.

image.png

Picture: INN

Police engaged the services of the fire department to spray him in an effort to get him to give himself up.

When that failed his mother Amnuay, 63, took up the challenge and reasoned with her son who gave up after 30 minutes.

Police took him away in a pick-up for prosecution. 

An aunt of the victim called Pae, 37, said she called the cops and didn't know what the argument was all about. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Same thing here.

My wifes mother lives with us with nothing to worry about.

Her 50 year old drug addled YaBa addicted son beat up his girlfriend. Now she's moved into her old lean to dump with him to take care of him since his girlfriend left him. 

It's the best thing that happened!

I hated having the lazy sloth living with us. 

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2022 at 1:29 AM, hotchilli said:

Should have used quick setting cement.

"Police engaged the services of the fire department to spray him in an effort to get him to give himself up."

Surely the Fire Department could use a Flamethrower? That would work.....

• Like 1

It's quite frightening the amount of thai people with guns have seen 2 murders within families that never seem to go to court families reasoning lost 1 family member why lose 2 !.

Is this common all over thailand where this often never reaches national news?

I'm from the UK where in London I was as guilty as the next of road rage .

Now perhaps with age have mellowed it's too easy to stand your ground and finish up right but dead never know who is carrying a gun or knife