Fauci to step down as nation’s infectious disease chief

Scott

anthony fauci and george w. bush

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, announced Monday that he will step down as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases as well as President Biden’s chief medical advisor to President Joe Biden at the end of the year.

“It has been the honor of a lifetime to have led the NIAID, an extraordinary institution, for so many years and through so many scientific and public health challenges,” Fauci said in a statement. “I am very proud of our many accomplishments. I have worked with — and learned from — countless talented and dedicated people in my own laboratory, at NIAID, at NIH and beyond.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-anthony-fauci-stepping-down-niaid-director-biden-medical-adviser-154357899.html

Yahoo News

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

Pfizer's number 1 sales rep flees the ship before the reckoning. Pathetic. Good riddance though.

How i look forward to the future............... when the reckoning comes.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rumak said:

How i look forward to the future............... when the reckoning comes.   

I remember not long ago when some folks were talking about "The Storm" that was going to be a day of reckoning for politicians and government bureaucrats undermining the USA.

How I look forward to a future when no one says silly things like

"How i look forward to the future............... when the reckoning comes." 

However, unlike the folks who say stuff like that, I know I will be disappointed. 

• Like 1

When he leaves office the message on his voicemail will say "If you have called to threaten the life of the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases please call [number of new director]."  Yeah, dark humor.

I wish the guy well, we're from the same village.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 5:51 PM, ozimoron said:

Somewhere between the armageddon and the apocalypse, or maybe the second coming of christ. Or maybe something as mundane as Trump's revenge.

You nailed it, as usual.

I wish I could break out of my social media-fueled bubble of conspiracies and join the rational, science-abiding crew but my IQ is not high enough unfortunately.

• Like 1