Problem watching online training video for drivers licence.

giddyup

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I was unaware of having to watch the video, so I probably did things backwards. Last time I renewed I watched the video after the other tests.. I think they are trying to avoid too many people inside. You have to walk through an alcohol spray as you go inside.

So they can declare you DUI? Oh you naughty farang.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

There is a section outside Transport for foreigners. I just showed her the correct paperwork, she made an appointment and told me to watch the video and copy the QR code to show when I go to the appointment.

Did the appointment help you jump the Q for perception test, brake test and colour test?

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

I dont know what its like in Patts, but its so much better with a bit of organization, you usually had to queue up at 7.30 waiting for the doors to open and rush in, joining some long queue.

This time, I had the first slot of the day with six or so others, we all did the color blindness test within a few mins, then the braking test, which as usual a few people messed up and had to repeat. Waited for the photo and card, I think it was about 45 mins and we were out the door.

Good luck! I Dont fancy the alcohol spray mind.

Was the colour blindness test a traffic light?

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Did the appointment help you jump the Q for perception test, brake test and colour test?

The appointment is tomorrow 2.30. I thought the perception test had been dropped.

10 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I went end about 3 weeks ago and it was still done.

This is in central thailand.

At Rayong you need the QR code to get an appointment,

on the day of the appointment its a separate Q for non Thais, only test is a 'traffic light' colour test, a lot of form checking, they take a photo and that's it 750thb ish for 2 licences, out in 90 minutes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, giddyup said:

Was the colour blindness test a traffic light?

No mate, the cards, and the woman pointed with a pen, just basic blue, yellow, green & red. I thought it was like the numbers surrounded by dots, I just had a google to find something like it, and came a blank.

I know you mentioned before about your difficulties, I wasn’t in Patts, so maybe different - just suck it and see, Good luck! 

My sight test was so casual, the woman was barking at me as soon as I entered the room, I’m sure I could have had my wife standing next to me tapping her fingers on your back to denote a colour. I have seen this Thais doing all manner of tricks like this to get through the driving / theory test - or given multiple attempts to do the braking test - just like schools, no one should fail.

And correct, the perception test has been dropped, you got the same answer as me, the risk of transferring Covid from hand to hand by touching the buttons. 

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Watchit said:

God help us

Been driving since I was 16 without an accident, last 12 years in Thailand. What's your record?

You don't need to be concerned about me, you need to worry about all the drunk, high, speeding, reckless and unlicenced drivers out there.

Edited by giddyup

On 8/23/2022 at 11:59 PM, Tropposurfer said:

I must be blessed or something ... like being in league with Beelzebub ...as my FIRST Thai license in 2020 was so easy I nearly fell off the log. None of the convoluted stuff some of you folks post about. So easy it was laughable.

I did my first in chiang rai drivers license office  about 8 or so years ago....they put me in a room full of Thais with headphones to watch a video screen...i was only farang and they set mine to English.i was actually enjoying watching the video which showed all thai drivers observing all traffic laws which became like watching a surreal comedy....video lasted about an hour i think but after 30 minutes they came and got me and said "finish"....took my pic gave me license/$$ and sent me off...oh and a lady at the counter tried to line me up with one of the cute gals that also worked there...best driver's license exam ever