Thai teen with HIV needs help to get to uni: Despite constant bullying and stigma Nong Jaa fights on

webfact

1 hour ago, huangnon said:

It's more like a spontaneous reaction to a heart-warming story. Happens occasionally..

I wonder why people are so full of themselves they have to denigrate anyone with empathy for others.?

I know sometimes it's not possible to be too cynical in LOS, but go have a nice nap and have another go, eh?

Just put the person on ignore.

it makes Asean Now,  a much better experience. :thumbsup:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Haha 1

Good luck.

Now , my suspicious side: 

Donating is great, but ths is Thailand and just maybe, another scam. I know it is not an appropriate comment. But sorry, been taken for a ride too many times starting from a car to house etc repair men.  

7 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

You seem to be as full of prejudice yourself as you are suggesting. I see posts that are very likely as much self congratulatory as not. There is no cause for you to "perceive" the mindset of the commenter to be "Thai good - foreigner bad".  The commenter made an observation and a speculation. There was no hint otherwise as to his mindset or opinions. Project much? 

No projection, just cold hard accurate observation.  I know how this user responds and what I have said is in no way speculation.

I've clearly pointed out and explained what I am talking about.  If you don't understand, I'm not sure I can make it much clearer.

Edited by BangkokReady

18 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I don't understand people here who keep on being so negative.

Some have been here a long time and understand that people rarely can be trusted here in this type of scenario. It comes from being here with your eyes open. 

It is a sad thing, meaning the truly honest are rarely trusted... but keep giving your coins to the lady with the lolling baby and plastic cup.... if it makes you feel better (to pay the bar bill of her handler. )

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Some have been here a long time and understand that people rarely can be trusted here in this type of scenario. It comes from being here with your eyes open. 

It is a sad thing, meaning the truly honest are rarely trusted... but keep giving your coins to the lady with the lolling baby and plastic cup.... if it makes you feel better (to pay the bar bill of her handler. )

I get that. I have been here roughly 15 years and I have witnessed a lot of bad endings. I'll still choose to be hopeful this time around and pray that I'm right.

21 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I get that. I have been here roughly 15 years and I have witnessed a lot of bad endings. I'll still choose to be hopeful this time around and pray that I'm right.

Nothing wrong with a positive outlook sir, just an optimist is an inexperienced pessimist!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AddyA said:

I get your point, but seeing contributions from real people - rather than a growing sum from anonymous donors - may inspire others to do the same. 

Which "real people", rather than anonymous donors, did you see making contributions and where?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which "real people", rather than anonymous donors, did you see making contributions and where?

One assumes that the folks who typed onto a keyboard informing of their contributions are real people, not bots. While someone posting the total received thus far tells you nothing of who those donors are. OK, you could argue that the forum posters are anonymous by name, but they are still real people reporting their deeds, albeit by their aliases. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AddyA said:
46 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

One assumes that the folks who typed onto a keyboard informing of their contributions are real people, not bots. While someone posting the total received thus far tells you nothing of who those donors are.

One assumes that comments from anonymous posters don't tell you anything at all about the poster or the veracity of their posts and they certainly don't tell you who the alleged donors are! 

34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

One assumes that comments from anonymous posters don't tell you anything at all about the poster or the veracity of their posts and they certainly don't tell you who the alleged donors are! 

They are forum members, their comments regarding what they have contributed add a degree of tangibility to the donations and story for many of us.....   But go ahead... accuse them of virtue signalling !!!

Edited by richard_smith237