Might This End the Tattoo Fad?

Walker88

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your always 110% correct and never wrong....hmmmm I see????, you would rather go off topic and bicker......

Tattoos are like an art exhibit that keeps changing as the people walk by.  Some are like a Picasso, others like a Rembrandt.....but we can always agree to disagree on what we see and what we like.

yo proper dude - it was a joke - we can agree to disagree - no we can't... agreeing to disagree is just a politically correct way to say 'we disagree' and since 60 is the new 40 - and all that fluff.. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Why should I upset them? Most of them already regret getting tatts, so why rub salt in the wounds?

Is isn't 'guts' that stops me; it's trying to be polite.

Your comment is silly.

For people who think their tatts look good, it they ask, I tell them tatts aren't for me and I don't think they make anyone look better. For people who already regret what they did, I remain quiet. No point in telling them what they already know full well.

No one asked you, so keep your opinions to yourself, bloody interfering nosey busybodies.

57 minutes ago, seedy said:

Ancient ? Less than 2000 years. And nothing but a brainwashing tool when first written - do as I say, not as I do.

Gotta keep those pesky little people in line ! 555

Wonder what it says about ongoing pedophiles ?

This portion was written about 3,500 years ago, but if, as it seems, 2,000 years does not qualify as "ancient" to you, how many years would you consider "ancient"?

Those committing incest, rape, adultery, and/or pedophiles were not to be "ongoing."  They would have been subject to capital punishment, as some countries still do today--and this would have been accomplished virtually as soon as at least two witnesses came forward to give testimony against the perpetrator, as adjudicated by the city elders who would have presided over the case (no prolonged jail sentence).

56 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Guess I have the number of the beast imprinted on me and I will go to hell then......

Did you literally put "666" in your tatt?  Even if you did, I don't think that's quite what is meant by "the mark of the beast."  The "mark" has more to do with one's character and the leader/laws/doctrine he or she chooses to follow.  It's not a literal, visible mark.  Sins can be confessed and forgiven, even if they cannot be undone--your allegiance can shift to a better Leader. 

19 hours ago, mikebike said:

But wait. You got your tats 55-60 years ago! How can that even be true? Its a FAD remember? Like mohawks and rainbow dyed hair.

Walker, how could this FAD be getting stronger 55-60 yrs after Jes got his batch of ink?

Goodness yours is one of the sillier comments.

What % of young people had tatts 50 years ago? What % of Thai women had tatts 20 years ago?

What was a fringe thing became mainstream all of a sudden. That = fad.

Yes, I guess you like tatts. You are welcome to ink every nook and cranny of your body.

I happen to think they look dreadful and detract from an otherwise pleasant appearance.

It is amusing how defensive the tatted are. It almost makes me think they're trying to convince themselves it was a good idea.

Right now there's one shop in the Silom Complex called Dr Tattoff. When I have walked past it I have noted that it's busy. When the tatt fad fades, Dr Tattoff will go franchise. Give it two years and clean, unblemished, un-inked skin is going to be all the rage.

Edited by Walker88
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

No one asked you, so keep your opinions to yourself, bloody interfering nosey busybodies.

LOL !

You a member of a Forum where you have posted 5800 opinions 'nobody asked for'. I guess my opinion served as a hair across your butt.

Goose and gander, fella.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

What % of young people had tatts 50 years ago? What % of Thai women had tatts 20 years ago?

Yes, I guess you like tatts. You are welcome to ink every nook and cranny of your body.

I happen to think they look dreadful and detract from an otherwise pleasant appearance.

It is amusing how defensive the tatted are. It almost makes me think they're trying to convince themselves it was a good idea.

Right now there's one shop in the Silom Complex called Dr Tattoff. When I have walked past it I have noted that it's busy. When the tatt fad fades, Dr Tattoff will go franchise. Give it two years and clean, unblemished, un-inked skin is going to be all the rage.

And yet all the tattoo shops on sukhumvit are also full of people getting tattoo's. Friends daughter in the US opened up her shop in San Francisco this year and she is booked for the next 6 months already. She just did this tattoo.

Screenshot_20220828-183212_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

I accept the ancient written command "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD." (Lev. 19:28)

Well that should convince the majority of the world who are not part of Abrahamic religions... ????????????

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Freaking hilarious.

I suffer from severe psoriasis and cannot have ink. But I really don't give a hoot about what others do to their bodies.

Tolerance and compassion allow MOST people to not worry about what other people do, as long as no-one is harmed.

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 3:36 AM, arithai12 said:

Can't compare traditional tattoos with what goes on today. It is a fashion, period.

Personally, they turn me off, especially when I see a girl going around in the cold with shorts or bare shoulders to show them. Then again, it's their choice, if it makes them happy go on.

Yes of course, it is their choice. But keep in mind that choices, can also be either 'good', or 'bad' choices.

So the concept here, is to as much as possible, make good choices.... Tattoo's, hummmm

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Freaking hilarious.

I suffer from severe psoriasis and cannot have ink. But I really don't give a hoot about what others do to their bodies.

Tolerance and compassion allow MOST people to not worry about what other people do, as long as no-one is harmed.

Well you got that right.

People certainly do not give a hoot about what others do to their bodies, as it harms only themselves...

5 hours ago, seedy said:

Ancient ? Less than 2000 years. And nothing but a brainwashing tool when first written - do as I say, not as I do.

Gotta keep those pesky little people in line ! 555

Wonder what it says about ongoing pedophiles ?

The idiocy at the heart of our culture  From a barbaric Bronze Age text known as the Old Testament, three anti-human religions have evolved -- Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. These are sky-god religions. They are, literally, patriarchal -- 2000 years of nonsense.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And yet all the tattoo shops on sukhumvit are also full of people getting tattoo's. Friends daughter in the US opened up her shop in San Francisco this year and she is booked for the next 6 months already. She just did this tattoo.

Screenshot_20220828-183212_Instagram.jpg

In 1977 at  a London University my neighbour  was doing her photography  dissertation on Tattoos. It was an academic illustrated thesis that included, the historical,  cultural,  religious and semiotic significance  of tattoos.  That was 45 years ago.

The OP has created a thread with a false premise by innacurate use of language 'fad' and by use of the modal verb 'might'.

It might  but it won't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2022 at 9:04 AM, ThailandRyan said:

So your always 110% correct and never wrong....hmmmm I see????, you would rather go off topic and bicker......

Tattoos are like an art exhibit that keeps changing as the people walk by.  Some are like a Picasso, others like a Rembrandt.....but we can always agree to disagree on what we see and what we like.

99% of tattoos are just copied stencils.....nothing to do with art.

Getting art on your body would mean going to the studio and just getting the artist do what he wants on your skin, that would be art.....not coping some daft picture of worst of all some daft slogan. 'You are my brothers keeper'

If i ever see a women with 'Love me for who i am' on her arm......its a great signal to run a mile.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

In 1977 at  a London University my neighbour  was doing her photography  dissertation on Tattoos. It was an academic illustrated thesis that included, the historical,  cultural,  religious and semiotic significance  of tattoos.  That was 45 years ago.

The OP has created a thread with a false premise by innacurate use of language 'fad' and by use of the modal verb 'might'.

It might  but it won't.

Oh yes, i've often commented or been shown someones new tattoo and always straight away, the very next thing is they give me the history and religious semiotic significance of their latest marking!?

On 8/28/2022 at 12:35 PM, ThailandRyan said:

And to this my friend we can agree to disagree like we always can and not get into a bickering match like others do.  I like your debates with me.

Agreeing to disagree is NOT debating! It's the opposite! What you  refer to as  bickering ie discussions you don't like is actually debating

• Confused 1

Not a fan of tattoo , every one has their own right to have one or not, I find it very sad that some Thai ladies have tattoos , Thai ladies have very beautiful skin mostly unmarked smooth skin, and a beautiful color , it is sad to see some with very large Tattoo on them legs arms and worst of all the chest above the breasts, big wings things , to me it is disfiguring one self, all of the ladies I have spoken to that are over 40 seriously regret having Tattoo , every lady I see that is over 50 with tattoo look really bad , it is a sham they get them when young to regret them when older, just my opinion, many will have a very different opinion to me, that is their right, to each their own. 

Hate Tattoo just me, only about  ten % of men like women with Tattoo , can be google so they make them self less attractive, no tattoo ever make a lady more beautiful. again my opinion .