First Thai team, led by Thanathorn, completes Mont-Blanc trail run

webfact

8 minutes ago, roquefort said:

....would take them almost to the summit of Everest. Presumably here are also some descents?

They went up and down in the mountain range multiple times... I thought Everest was about 8,500 m, so its 3 times that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

They went up and down in the mountain range multiple times... I thought Everest was about 8,500 m, so its 3 times that.

Quite right, I was thinking in feet instead of metres. That's a phenomenal achievement then.

Apparently this is not the tour du mont blanc (UMTB) but the PTL (Petite Trotte à Léon), an endurance walk.

More info here

Still a nice performance but it's not the craziness of ultra trail competitions

Edit : add this link... many thais are registered for the different races... not only those 3 

Here and search for thailand in country

Edited by happysoul

I surely can appreciated Khun Thanathorn's lust for life and getting out and about, but shouldn't he [as a key player] be assisting and helping to design the coming revolution during this fragile time? Need to strike when the opportunity lends itself. 

I realize that he's been summoned by the recent court cases several months ago......but he hasn't been forced into exile. Noted, that he's been very quite this last year.......as are his political cohorts. 

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

I surely can appreciated Khun Thanathorn's lust for life and getting out and about, but shouldn't he [as a key player] be assisting and helping to design the coming revolution during this fragile time? Need to strike when the opportunity lends itself. 

I realize that he's been summoned by the recent court cases several months ago......but he hasn't been forced into exile. Noted, that he's been very quite this last year.......as are his political cohorts. 

Quite possibly keeping his powder dry, so his movement can enter the field at the General Election. 

Too high a profile/ too much activity beforehand will only give the yellow fascists opportunity to get banning!

They probably will be banned, but doing so during or just after an election campaign will have much greater consequences, nationally and internationally. Banning now would be less noticeable.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Progressive Movement leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit and his two running mates have become the first team from Thailand to complete the PTL-UTMB trail run within time limit of 152 hours and 30 minutes

Great achievement...  just a shame he got kicked out of the PM race in Thailand.