Assistance required for renewing retirement visa

I am looking for assistance for renewing my retirement visa and my wife’s dependent visa in September.

Our case is very straight forward and I have the correct funds in the bank etc. but would prefer to do this with the assistance of a local Thai/English speaking person who understands the system.

Can anyone here recommend anyone who is offering this service.

Cheers Michael

56 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Agents offer this service. 

You are using your own funds for the extension so it's just organizing the required documents.

Should not be too expensive. 

Best to state the immigration office that you deal with for first hand recommendations. 

Yes just organizing documents etc. and assisting with the process, my existing visa was obtained at Chaeng Wattana so I assume this would be same location.

6 minutes ago, Mick 1 said:

my existing visa was obtained at Chaeng Wattana so I assume this would be same location

Your extentions are obtained from immigration office where you live.

That seems to be CW.

Most questions re agents on AseanNow involve the agent covering financial requirements.

However most of those agents also provide "organization service".

As a starting point you could chat with @ThaiVisaCentre

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I highly suggest you learn to do this on your own. It's surprisingly easy, and if you go in with all the documents in order, they will get you through the process quickly. They want you out of there with as little hassle and as quickly as possible. It's a win win.

This is to renew annual O visa not 90 day reporting, would my wives dependent visa complicate the matter?

As I have not don this before are all the forms in Thai or English?

16 minutes ago, Mick 1 said:

No offense but it appears an agent may be of assistance.

You are obtaining an 12 month extension using funds in the bank method.

You mention current permit expires September.

At CW you can obtain extension up to 45 days prior to expiry of current permission of stay.

You need attend to it asap.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mick 1 said:

This is to renew annual O visa not 90 day reporting, would my wives dependent visa complicate the matter?

• A completed TM7 form. (You can download this TM.7 Form from our website)
  • Your passport.
  • Two passport sized photos (4 x 6 cm).
  • Copies of your passport and the relevant pages.
  • A copy of your bank book or passbook.
  • A letter from your Thai bank confirming the status of your account.

Forms are available online in Thai and English on each form.

I make sure and sign every piece of paper and put my cell phone number on it. Not mentioned here is either a copy of a drivers license or copy of your rent/lease agreement.

https://immigrationbangkok.com/thai-retirement-visa-2/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

At CW you can obtain extension up to 45 days prior to expiry of current permission of stay.

I'm confused now he has current ''permit'' then says he has never done it before ??? So can we be clear on what the OP has now. no offence intended to anyone.

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm confused now he has current ''permit'' then says he has never done it before ??? So can we be clear on what the OP has now. no offence intended to anyone.

I used an agent last year to convert work visa to retirement visa, this year am looking at doing it myself as it is more straight forward. However, my wifes visa is dependent on mine and it is not clear to me if extending this is as simnple as an independent visa would be.

9 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

"Current permit" just refers to current permission of stay.

The current "admitted till date" in pp.

In any event the OP now states this 

"I used an agent last year to convert work visa to retirement visa, this year am looking at doing it myself as it is more straight forward".

Outta this thread the op changing tune. He is either looking for agent or do it yourself.

Just be clear 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

"Current permit" just refers to current permission of stay.

The current "admitted till date" in pp.

In any event the OP now states this 

"I used an agent last year to convert work visa to retirement visa, this year am looking at doing it myself as it is more straight forward".

Outta this thread the op changing tune. He is either looking for agent or do it yourself.

Just be clear 

Not clear at all What Is He On NOW?

10 minutes ago, Mick 1 said:

I used an agent last year to convert work visa to retirement visa, this year am looking at doing it myself as it is more straight forward.

Read your OP.

You request use of agent and now "looking at doing it myself" 

A clear OP helps. 

57 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Read your OP.

You request use of agent and now "looking at doing it myself" 

A clear OP helps. 

Sorry for confusion, I first intended to use an agent but as advice here says it is easy to do your self have now looked into this, yes it appears easy to do yourself for an independent visa but not so clear on how to extend my wifes visa as hers is dependent on mine. I am still looking into both options as I am not fully up to speed an all the ins and outs of the system.

Thanks for all the advice as things are becoming clearer

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 10:00 PM, Mick 1 said:

Sorry for confusion, I first intended to use an agent but as advice here says it is easy to do your self have now looked into this, yes it appears easy to do yourself for an independent visa but not so clear on how to extend my wifes visa as hers is dependent on mine. I am still looking into both options as I am not fully up to speed an all the ins and outs of the system.

Thanks for all the advice as things are becoming clearer

Both extensions of stay (you don’t have a visa) are simple to do yourself 

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The OP, has read all the posts and seems to be of the opinion that he would use agent.

Yet another random poster stating that it's all easy to do it yourself, is helping how exactly. 

• Like 2

Pleas

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Of course they are!

But many, including myself, know what is involved with out extensions etc but would rather pay a legitimate agent to conduct our legitimate IO business at the agent's office and then at the IO for 5/10 mins max per year and then be able to sit in the bar, or elsewhere,  not caring about the time and effort (if required) to jump to the IO's whims and queues!

Each to their own!