Reception at Suvarnabhumi immigration for Filipina

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why has Jenny been in Thailand for such a long time ?

If she wants to stay in Thailand for a long time, she needs to get a long time visa .

People cannot stay long tome on short time visas 

She had an ed visa, then COVID extensions I think, then went back to Philippines.

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Where does her income come from ?

She lives with him. But that doesn't seem to have been the gist of their interrogation. They were concerned at the length of time she'd spent in Thailand. No questions about how she supported herself. They went on to say,  "You just come to our country to enjoy enjoy". Bizarre.

Edited by bradiston

So... she was returning to Thailand after a series of recent longer visits. 

She lives with her older boyfriend. She doesn’t work in Thailand. 

She was profiled...   Its a (sometimes) harsh reality of travelling and younger attractive women travelling alone are often profiled more..... 

I see single Thai girls arriving in the UK getting asked far more questions than my Wife and I are upon entry. 

I travel in and out of Thailand monthly. If I was returning on a Tourist Visa or Visa exempt each time I would expect to get asked some questions as the Immigration officials ascertain if I am working here etc... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bradiston said:

She lives with him. But that doesn't seem to have been the gist of their interrogation. They were concerned at the length of time she'd spent in Thailand. No questions about how she supported herself. They went on to say,  "You just come to our country to enjoy enjoy". Bizarre.

Yes, but She entered Thailand on a tourist visa and her intention was to stay long term in Thailand .

Immigration could have refused her entry for trying to enter Thailand on the wrong visa 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

<defamatory comment removed>

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, but She entered Thailand on a tourist visa and her intention was to stay long term in Thailand .

Immigration could have refused her entry for trying to enter Thailand on the wrong visa 

So how many of us have come in on a short term visa and converted to a non imm o? In fact I've no idea what her plans are, or were. They didn't accuse her of trying to flout any rules, just that they didn't like that she'd stayed here before long term, mostly due to COVID. Her mum died in that time and she wasn't able to fly back. It's just the way they denigrated her, insisting she buy a ticket and fly straight back. I know they do that. And like I said before, these are ASEAN countries. They seem to get the very worst treatment, as my mate pointed out.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BritTim said:

They had no evidence of the young lady doing anything wrong. In spite of this, they tried to pressure her into buying a ticket and immediately returning to Manila. You and I disagree if you think that every good looking woman up to a specific age should be pressured into returning to her home country if she dares to try to spend more than some arbitrary amount of time (as determined by the official) in Thailand. Do you think the same rule should be applied to attractive young men?

Good question. Why is it that "young" women are forced to undergo this treatment. My daughter flies out here usually twice a year. She's never had this treatment. I guess the problem is, young Thai women get the ball rolling by getting repeatedly caught and deported in, for instance, South Korea. Little ghosts? Yeah, nudge nudge wink wink. We men know what's going on, don't we? And even if we spend half our remaining years hanging out in bars and xxxxxing young Thais, doesn't mean we have to let the other ASEAN tarts in, does it? Oh, the wretched male ego!

• Like 1

One thing to be aware of, that I see alluded to in the OP's description of the questioning, is that the Philippines has some unusual rules, which are similar to some rules Thailand has, but the Philippines has typically been more strict.

You cannot even board a plane to the Philippines, as a visitor to the country, without having a return ticket.  Because return tickets to the Philippines typically do not extend to a full year (is it six months?), students going to the Philippines may buy a ticket that they must throw away--just a "sunk cost" or a tax, however you choose to see it, to get into the country.  Of course the airlines have plenty of incentive to enforce it, so you won't even get on a flight from KL without having the proof of return ticket.

Because so many tickets of this nature were just wasted, companies have sprung up which now allow people to "rent" a ticket--go figure.  And Thailand would have been a bit suspicious, especially of a Philippine airline, that this lady's return ticket might have been unauthentic, just a temporary, perhaps rented, one.  Because Thailand also wants proof of onward travel.

Tell your friends girlfriend that her immigration at Manila airport does the same exact thing to other Asians as I had a few Thai friends that went through the same drilling questions at Manila airport as my experience with Philippine immigration are no better then the Thais.

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I just wondered what the back story was .

30 year olds Filipina woman  goes on holiday to Thailand , meets a 75 year old  Western man, falls in love and decided to quit her life in Philippines  and live in Thailand instead ?

Usually they meet them in Philippines and bring them to Thailand, much more difficult to meet one in Thailand

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bradiston said:

It's really quite odd. I posted here really to see what people's reactions would be to the treatment she got from the 3 chimpanzees down at Suvarnabhumi, who acted like the dawn of consciousness hadn't quite su

So how many of us have come in on a short term visa and converted to a non imm o? In fact I've no idea what her plans are, or were. They didn't accuse her of trying to flout any rules, just that they didn't like that she'd stayed here before long term, mostly due to COVID. Her mum died in that time and she wasn't able to fly back. It's just the way they denigrated her, insisting she buy a ticket and fly straight back. I know they do that. And like I said before, these are ASEAN countries. They seem to get the very worst treatment, as my mate pointed out.

it seems to me she is staying under any means that she can, ed visa, repeated covid extensions, and immigration are suspicious, the same thing has been reported on here many times over the years, for many different nationalities, it used to be visa exempt border hops, but they put restrictions on them at land borders, then it was repeated tourist visa's then ed visas and now its volunteer visa's,

there will always be people trying to stay long term in Thailand when there is no suitable long term visa for them, maybe the 'rich' boyfriend should buy her an elite visa.

• Like 2

Immigration officers in all countries might overly question someone.  Based on the persons entering the countries history.  And they probably do profile certain people.  That is the way immigration functions.  
When I go to the private hospital here in Bangkok for example.  My health insurance pays for my medical care 100%.  But when I go to a cashier to sign the paperwork.  Some have insisted I have to pay or pay something. Some even have gotten argumentative.   Even though they see paperwork from my insurance saying I don’t.  Like I’m a foreigner trying to escape without paying. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

A very generous boyfriend , paying for her School , Visas and flights and living expenses and everything else .

What job does he do ?

A lot of guys living in Thailand prefer Filipina girlfriends over Thai girls. I am one of them.

I know quite a few guys living here in retirement who bring in their girlfriends from the Philippines to live here with them.

He still comes out way ahead in costs with his Philippine investment!

<removed>

Edited by iaminwa
A Thai bashing comment has been removed (forum rule)
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Usually they meet them in Philippines and bring them to Thailand, much more difficult to meet one in Thailand

More difficult, but not impossible. I have had dates with two "respectable" Filipinas in Thailand, though neither lead to a physical relationship.

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So... she was returning to Thailand after a series of recent longer visits. 

She lives with her older boyfriend. She doesn’t work in Thailand. 

She was profiled...   Its a (sometimes) harsh reality of travelling and younger attractive women travelling alone are often profiled more..... 

I see single Thai girls arriving in the UK getting asked far more questions than my Wife and I are upon entry. 

I travel in and out of Thailand monthly. If I was returning on a Tourist Visa or Visa exempt each time I would expect to get asked some questions as the Immigration officials ascertain if I am working here etc... 

I have seen a similar thing happen in Singapore, when Thai girls or Filipinas  try to enter at immigration.