Video of Walking Street fight between foreign man, Thai woman, and several Thai men allegedly over unpaid food bill goes viral

webfact

11 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

None. Why would you  ask that? I think a stupid  man, probably a thief, learned a lesson. Next time pay up and don't think you can  bully a Thai  girl just because she's smaller than you!

" It was unclear whether the woman’s claim was true or not, but many tourists both foreign and Thai were surely appalled at the incident, TPN noted."

Did you even read the story?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2baht said:

" It was unclear whether the woman’s claim was true or not, but many tourists both foreign and Thai were surely appalled at the incident, TPN noted."

Did you even read the story?

I've seen drunk foreigners a hundred times. Not enough get battered.

If sensitive folk don't  want to  be upset don't look at 4 am fights

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I've seen drunk foreigners a hundred times. Not enough get battered.

If sensitive folk don't  want to  be upset don't look at 4 am fights

It was unclear whether the woman’s claim was true or not. ????

• Like 1

This is why I always try to pay for food or drinks as soon as possible.

Once in Brazil I walked away assuming my wingman had already picked up the tab. The misunderstanding was obvious and nothing happened.

I once walked away without paying at Swensen's (Big C in Pattaya). I must have acted and looked conspicuously absent-minded because they didn't even raise a fuss, just called me to my senses while I was drifting away at a very slow pace. Another time I'd taken a SongTaew to the Bangkok Bank branch after suddenly noticing I'd just left my debit card inside the ATM. I was in such a panic about the card I stepped away from the SongTaew without paying for the ride. Could have got nasty.

I am the dreamy, absent-minded type, especially when I have a lot on my mind, and as I go out to eat and drink every single day, the odd mishap is bound to happen sooner or later. Scary.

9 hours ago, 2baht said:

It was unclear whether the woman’s claim was true or not. ????

Even still.... could have been settled for a very affordable amount of money.

Sometimes acceptance of the situation and looking at what is in your best interest isn't gonna lead to standing on principle.

11 hours ago, cdemundo said:

"all over just a few Baht."

This is the part I don't get.

Food cart prices?

Could have been settled for a couple hundred baht I would guess.

Cheap price to avoid a beating.

Too many farang don't want to  lose face and think Asians are weak and mild mannered.

10 hours ago, JackGats said:

This is why I always try to pay for food or drinks as soon as possible.

Once in Brazil I walked away assuming my wingman had already picked up the tab. The misunderstanding was obvious and nothing happened.

I once walked away without paying at Swensen's (Big C in Pattaya). I must have acted and looked conspicuously absent-minded because they didn't even raise a fuss, just called me to my senses while I was drifting away at a very slow pace. Another time I'd taken a SongTaew to the Bangkok Bank branch after suddenly noticing I'd just left my debit card inside the ATM. I was in such a panic about the card I stepped away from the SongTaew without paying for the ride. Could have got nasty.

I am the dreamy, absent-minded type, especially when I have a lot on my mind, and as I go out to eat and drink every single day, the odd mishap is bound to happen sooner or later. Scary.

If you know that about yourself you will pay up when asked I'm sure . Don't worry. Even if I was sure I had not eaten 50 baht of food I would  pay anyway because know how poor these vendors are, how hard they work and how difficult the last two  years have  been. I would err on the side of mercy, be gracious and give her a tip. This farang didn't want to lose  face BUT you  gain  face by yielding in Thailand.

You never hit anyone over a bill or yell at them like that. It's a civil matter, you can get the police. You don't know why he did not pay, it could be anything, a medical problem, finding a finger in the rice, or just being drunk.

The lady and others here are in the wrong even if the guy did not pay.

Edited by JimTripper

17 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

When these guys batter a drunk lout I consider them to be defending me and my interests. He is lucky he just stole  from her and did  not hit her.

Did he actually steal or what..... ? Not seen a good account of what preceded the argument. It wouldn't be the first time....  I saw a young Russian getting it for removing bills from his cup and balling them up and throwing them away under the stage, back when we got tourists. 

21 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

If you know that about yourself you will pay up when asked I'm sure . Don't worry. Even if I was sure I had not eaten 50 baht of food I would  pay anyway because know how poor these vendors are, how hard they work and how difficult the last two  years have  been. I would err on the side of mercy, be gracious and give her a tip. This farang didn't want to lose  face BUT you  gain  face by yielding in Thailand.

UtterBS

On 8/30/2022 at 2:30 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

...another Thai man also appearing to join the fight, although it was unclear why..... Then another Thai man who appeared to be a street vendor got involved and hurled a red, steel chair at the foreigner

Perfectly normal in Thailand. See a foreigner in an altercation and join in against him, regardless of who might be right or wrong and it being nothing at all to do with those who join in. And all over just a few Baht.

Because Thais stand up for each other no matter what. Of course that come as a shock for us Westerners, in our countries you could die on the pavement and people would step over you and pretend you don't exist.

7 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Because Thais stand up for each other no matter what. Of course that come as a shock for us Westerners, in our countries you could die on the pavement and people would step over you and pretend you don't exist.

Thais may gang up and help their friend and fight 2 against 1 , but they certainly wouldn't assist anyone who was in need .

Here in Thailand people would step over you in the street and ignore you , whilst in the Western World its more than probably that someone would give you assistance 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thais may gang up and help their friend and fight 2 against 1 , but they certainly wouldn't assist anyone who was in need .

Here in Thailand people would step over you in the street and ignore you , whilst in the Western World its more than probably that someone would give you assistance 

That's certainly not my experience of 13+ years.