Thailand grapples with allowing more Chinese landowners

webfact

This just shows how naive Thailand's politicians really are, with all the Chinese construction investment companies currently in deep economic crisis the CCP may not be so well placed to promote financial investment in Thailand. The last thing Thailand needs is a swarm of Chinese investors buying up real estate here but for some strange reason Thai politicians have a love affair with the Chinese. Maybe Thailand will finally be colonised which is what chinas long term ambition is then the Thais will have to start working like the Burmese do here, can you imagine that!!!!

Edited by paul1804

3 hours ago, paul1804 said:

This just shows how naive Thailand's politicians really are, with all the Chinese construction investment companies currently in deep economic crisis the CCP may not be so well placed to promote financial investment in Thailand. The last thing Thailand needs is a swarm of Chinese investors buying up real estate here but for some strange reason Thai politicians have a love affair with the Chinese. Maybe Thailand will finally be colonised which is what chinas long term ambition is then the Thais will have to start working like the Burmese do here, can you imagine that!!!!

Amazing that after 4 pages, you still haven’t registered the fact that this is open to all foreigners, not just mainland Chinese.

But if Thailand were to be colonialised, which it won’t be, better it be by China than any declining western power.

On 8/30/2022 at 3:39 PM, Dont confuse me said:

Initially I thought the same as you, however after giving it a modicum of thought the reason maybe because the Chinese are more or less here! A lot of Chinese Thai people about and you don't see them owning  road side food stalls. 

In the Pibulsonggram era (from 1930s) there were laws to reserve certain professions to Thais, such as farming, barbering, and similar modest occupations, but there was no prohibition from banking or rice milling. With wealth came power.

40 million. That rules out 99.9999 percent of all properties in Thailand immediately. Why this silly fascination with the rich ? The rich can go to Portugal and get a EU passport in five years for under 300,000 Euro. Or Malta for 100k donation and two years and get an EU passport. The rich ain't stupid.

On 8/29/2022 at 10:07 PM, kingstonkid said:

The Thai real estate market, especially in BKK, is about to take a dive.  There are too many condos being built, and the prices are way too high.  

The only way they can sell them is to sell them to the Chinese that has money and little to invest in back home.

I would love to see the vacancy rate for some of these newer condo's

I can tell you that Thais are moving out of Bangkok to the burbs where instead of a 1 bdrm for 10 million they can get a house for 5 million brand new

My wife is buying a condo in Bangkok.   A couple of years ago the same condo was up for sale for 9 million baht.  

She is buying it at 4.8 or 4.9 million baht.   2 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 balcony condo overlooking the river.  

A house might be cheaper, but we live in the U.S. and will only be in Thailand a few weeks at a time and the condo is better suited to our interests. 

On 9/2/2022 at 11:50 AM, Gweiloman said:

Amazing that after 4 pages, you still haven’t registered the fact that this is open to all foreigners, not just mainland Chinese.

But if Thailand were to be colonialised, which it won’t be, better it be by China than any declining western power.

I think the big difference between all foreigners and Chinese is that the Chinese have a lot of money that they can not spend or invest in China without the government there looking into their dealings

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theaseanpost.com/article/bangkok-sinking-fast%3Famp

Bangkok under water by 2037.

But let’s sell it to the Chinese.
But still leave $100 billion top man land value in Bangkok alone unsold (dropping to zero value by 2032 whilst 10% pop. are in Poverty, Education system needing drastic reform and govt borrows money from Japan . Insanity Economics.

On 9/4/2022 at 5:41 PM, radiochaser said:

My wife is buying a condo in Bangkok.   A couple of years ago the same condo was up for sale for 9 million baht.  

She is buying it at 4.8 or 4.9 million baht.   2 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 balcony condo overlooking the river.  

A house might be cheaper, but we live in the U.S. and will only be in Thailand a few weeks at a time and the condo is better suited to our interests. 

Unsaleable in five years. Bangkok under water in 15 years.