Scammed on Lazada. No refund.

LALes

2 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

There is no evidence that Lazada have leaked the buyers details.

The OP stated it was the buyer who passed his details on , only then to make a tenuous connection because the buyer was found on the Lazada  platform they are responsible.

Although the OP claims the package was sent by an unknown party  they have not stated how this was arrived at.  It is possible the seller actually sent the package.

Do you actually read what you write?

There are no buyers listed on the Lazada platform, only sellers.

Obviously the seller from whom the OP ordered the item, passed the shipment details on to some third party, otherwise they would not know what he ordered and where to send it.

I assume that every seller has those details as soon as an order is placed, otherwise how would they be able to ship it? Not all items listed on Lazada are handled by Lazada.

The fact that Lazada tape was used on the package received, is enough reason to hold them responsible, because it is one of the sellers they approved who did the scam.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peterfranks said:

Obviously the seller from whom the OP ordered the item, passed the shipment details on to some third party, otherwise they would not know what he ordered and where to send it.

I assume that every seller has those details as soon as an order is placed, otherwise how would they be able to ship it? Not all items listed on Lazada are handled by Lazada.

The fact that Lazada tape was used on the package received, is enough reason to hold them responsible, because it is one of the sellers they approved who did the scam.

Edited by cleopatra2

On 8/30/2022 at 10:29 AM, scubascuba3 said:

What was the seller rating like? product rating? how many followers and products?

Seller rating usually don’t mean c r a p. I had a wrong product ($2,500)  baht paid and got c r a p worth $150 baht Lazada gave me the run around and the seller after tons of excuses until he got tired of my complaints so he blocked me. Now the real problem is the delivery laws that say you can’t open the package until after you paid like COD now the fraudsters know that it’s so easy to get away. I’ve heard from a friend that buys a lot from Lazada, Shopee, aliexpress etc. that if a seller gets bad rating they just change? the names or something can’t remember what he said, and back to 5 star they are SNEAKY WEASELS. Any idea anyone where we can go to protest to change that delivery law???????

14 hours ago, peterfranks said:

Unless one of the employees stole the Lazada tape

7 hours ago, portlandtree said:

Seller rating usually don’t mean c r a p. I had a wrong product ($2,500)  baht paid and got c r a p worth $150 baht Lazada gave me the run around and the seller after tons of excuses until he got tired of my complaints so he blocked me. Now the real problem is the delivery laws that say you can’t open the package until after you paid like COD now the fraudsters know that it’s so easy to get away. I’ve heard from a friend that buys a lot from Lazada, Shopee, aliexpress etc. that if a seller gets bad rating they just change? the names or something can’t remember what he said, and back to 5 star they are SNEAKY WEASELS. Any idea anyone where we can go to protest to change that delivery law???????

Seller ratings mean everything. You don't just look at 5 stars. You look at how many ratings and crucially how long they've been on the platform. If they have hundred/thousands of good ratings and have been on the platform many years then it's a pretty good sign they are not scammers.

It's not laws that dictate that you can't open a package before you pay for it. It's rules of Lazada and delivery companies and they wont change that or they'd increase their own risk.

It really is easy to stay safe when doing online purchases on Lazada. Use a card plus buy only from sellers with long and good history. That's it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

It's not laws that dictate that you can't open a package before you pay for it. It's rules of Lazada and delivery companies and they wont change that or they'd increase their own risk.

Yea, there are no laws I know of....either in Thailand or my home country of the U.S....that governs whether a person has the right by law "to open a package before paying the delivery/post man"....be that delivery man a govt postal employee, FedEx, DHL, Lazada Express, Flash Express, or just whatever delivery companies of which there are MANY!

Delivery companies only delivery a person's package....they are only an intermediary between the seller and buyer...their only job is deliver a package as addressed....they don't get involved in waiting for a person to open a package in front of them and checking out the contents before paying COD.   I can just see the numerous arguments/complaints that would occur during the daily deliveries.  The delivery person's ability to deliver say a 100 packages per day to a 100 different addresses reduced to almost half of that because I read that around 40-50% of Lazada/Shopee deliveries are paid via CODs.   This would cause delivery delays, higher delivery costs, and a host of other issues.

These folks that casually say say "just give the delivery person a tip so you can open and check the contents before deciding to accept or pay"  have probably never done that in their life although they give out such advice.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:37 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

If you can't work out the concept of "cash on delivery", ask Lazada.

I understand the concept. If it's not what I ordered then I don't accept delivery, it's as simple as that. You claim that the driver will be charged in such a case. In my opinion that's not fair, I asked why and you respond because it's cod? You do understand the concept, right? Anyway no worries and have a nice day. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Venom said:

I understand the concept. If it's not what I ordered then I don't accept delivery, it's as simple as that. You claim that the driver will be charged in such a case. In my opinion that's not fair, I asked why and you respond because it's cod? You do understand the concept, right? Anyway no worries and have a nice day. 

and how do you know "its not what you ordered" ?

Do you open the package before paying the delivery driver ?

12 hours ago, Venom said:
On 9/4/2022 at 11:37 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

If you can't work out the concept of "cash on delivery", ask Lazada.

I understand the concept. If it's not what I ordered then I don't accept delivery, it's as simple as that. You claim that the driver will be charged in such a case. In my opinion that's not fair, I asked why and you respond because it's cod? You do understand the concept, right? 

"I understand the concept. If it's not what I ordered then I don't accept delivery, it' as simple as that"

No,  COD is not "that simple" in your example.

After you've paid COD and received your delivery the driver leaves, he doesn't wait around to ensure that you like the order.   Delivery drivers for Lazada orders do not offer a returns service, if you're unhappy with your order you return it though the Lazada return channel.  It is as simple as that.

" You claim that the driver will be charged in such a case".

No, I did not make that claim.

"You do understand the concept, right?"

Yes, I understand the COD concept.  It's you that understands your private concept of the process, not the actual process.

Here's the real COD process...

1) Driver arrives.

2) You pay the COD amount to the driver.

3) Driver gives you the package.

4) Driver leaves.

• Haha 1

An update…

I just sold something on Lazada, they gave me the address of the buyer and told me to take the item to Flash Express with a shipping note I printed through the Lazada seller app..

So what I think happened to the OP, he bought something COD on Lazada, the seller didn’t ship the item through Lazada, he just shipped direct the fake item COD, and waited for the OP to pay COD and collected his ill gotten gains.

The lesson to be learned here is never order COD.

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 10:24 AM, LALes said:

Seller has violated Lazada standards" and I would be getting

a refund notice within 24 hours.  Of course, that never came. 

Did you get a notice from Lazada that your item had shipped along with a tracking number?  

If not, I suspect that the seller was working in conjunction with others.  They now have your name, address, phone number etc and they know it is COD.  So the original seller never "sends" you anything and cancels the sale.  That means that Lazada really has nothing for you to contest.  Instead you got a second person sending you a package which you accepted and paid for.  As far as Lazada knows that is a totally different transaction with someone else. 

Now if you got an email from Lazada with the tracking number and the number on the package matches what you have, you should have a claim against Lazada for sending you the wrong merchandise.  

The seller doesn't have to work with anyone else for this issue to happen. There doesn't have to be a dataleak. The seller can pull off the scam themselves.

Take the delivery info to the police and let them find out from the courier company who sent it. They are supposed to collect sender information and check ID card when accepting the package and so you'd know who actually sent it. Maybe the delivery company didn't check the ID card or maybe it was fake. But worth a try if you want to spend the time.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Thanks 1